Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Makes you wonder how Gearbox can pull out such a A+++ quality game like this....and fuck up Duke Nukem so bad.

Playing through Borderlands 2 really makes you wonder what they were doing in development for Duke Nukem Forever....
    They didn't really make it from the ground up, they inherited and helped it along. Couple with 15 years of development pressure and multiple setbacks, there was no way it was going to be on par with Borderlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Makes you wonder how Gearbox can pull out such a A+++ quality game like this....and fuck up Duke Nukem so bad.

Playing through Borderlands 2 really makes you wonder what they were doing in development for Duke Nukem Forever....
    They didn't develop it. They picked it up and just finished the game so they could release it. 2K had it the whole time and only gave it to Gearbox in 2010 (a year before release) to get the game ready to be shipped.

So that's completely irrelevant.

Ok guys so I started as a Commando (with the turret). I'm absolutely loving the sniper and smg (as I did in the first game). Going through the skills, it looks like you can only increase the AMMO for AR's as the Commando. Or did they bring the purchasable ammo increases back? (Only played to level 6, with the BIG CANNON)

Also, is there a class this time around that specializes in Sniper/SMG? I kind of assumed it would be the guy that uses the sword but I don't want my special ability to be stabbing people...

Really enjoying this game so far =)! Can't wait until my friends get it on Friday once they get paid, also for anyone contemplating buying Borderlands 2 I say it's well worth it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Ok guys so I started as a Commando (with the turret). I'm absolutely loving the sniper and smg (as I did in the first game). Going through the skills, it looks like you can only increase the AMMO for AR's as the Commando. Or did they bring the purchasable ammo increases back? (Only played to level 6, with the BIG CANNON)

Also, is there a class this time around that specializes in Sniper/SMG? I kind of assumed it would be the guy that uses the sword but I don't want my special ability to be stabbing people...
    Yes, you can purchase ammo increases for anything later on. (Not much later, in Sanctuary.) Also, the guy with the sword (Zer0) might be right up your alley. Even though they market him as being all about the ninja sword action, he's much more involved as a sniper, he's even got a whole tree for it. I also believe he's got SMG and fire rate talents, so you're good there.

Really though in this game, even without the trait bonuses, any class can use any gun just fine. My commando mostly rolls with non elemental pistols. I just like the way Vladof pistols roll. Besides, I don't need much of a weapon when I turret hump everything to death anyway.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also rolled a commando... mainly because of how amazingly awesome they will be once you max out every tree.

Two turrets... that set off a mini nuke each when deployed... that have an extra turret ontop of the turrets you already have... with missile pods...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's pretty obvious by now that Handsome Jack will go down as the single greatest video game villain of all-time. He's memorable, he's hilarious, and you hate his guts at the same time. I have yet to hear him speak without laughing at least a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Handsome Jack is great...one of many great characters. For how shallow (in a good way imo) the story is in the Borderlands series is it sure does have some incredibly memorable characters and (hilariously) amazing dialogue.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Best part EVER... (it made me facepalm)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/93...C313C35B44FDE/

I don't understand half of these posts, "combat hasn't changed" what were you expecting? it shouldn't change! the improvements that have been made were all that was needed a sequel shouldn't vastly change so that you don't recognise the game...

No new vehicles? maybe wait until you've actually played most of the game - because, you know, there are...

Some of the criticism i'm reading is really retarded..

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I just like the way Vladof pistols roll.
    Jakob's 4eva! I like what they did with revolvers in this one.

What I don't like is how all the guns now look like cartoon weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious by now that Handsome Jack will go down as the single greatest video game villain of all-time. He's memorable, he's hilarious, and you hate his guts at the same time. I have yet to hear him speak without laughing at least a little bit.
    I felt all warm and fuzzy when he called me pumpkin after telling me to kill myself XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing the slot machines alot in Moxxi's, and here's what I observed the rewards to be:

Bandit head X 3 = Active grenade thrown at you
    Bell X 3 = Lots of money
    7 X 3 = Vladof or Tediore player skin
    Single Eridium bar X 3 = 4 Eridium
    Double Eridium bar X 3 = 8 Eridium
    Triple Eridium bar X 2 = 16 Eridium
    Cherry X 3 = Uncommon (green) weapon
    Leg X 3 = Rare (blue) weapon
    Marcus X 3 = Epic (purple) weapon
    Vault X 3 = Legendary (orange) weapon
    Last edited by Finangus; 2012-09-20 at 06:42 PM.

Butt Stallion has me laughing quite often. HJ is a great bad guy reminiscent of Glad0s and Cave Johnson.

I love everything they changed and kept the same. It feels familiar yet fresh. Now if I could only join my wife's game (or vise versa) then it would be perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post

Funny you mention that. I disliked the ironsight aiming on the Jakob's... then I found a scoped revolver. I don't think I've touched another weapon since... we're talking for the last 3-5 levels. The power is fantastic and the bursty speed is there when you need it. (Or don't need it but whatever John Fucking Wayne.)

Funny you mention that. I disliked the ironsight aiming on the Jakob's... then I found a scoped revolver. I don't think I've touched another weapon since... we're talking for the last 3-5 levels. The power is fantastic and the bursty speed is there when you need it. (Or don't need it but whatever John Fucking Wayne.)
    I love the fanning of the revolvers. So awesome. I just wish Zero had a gunslinger tree like Mordecai did.

On that note, I found a revolver that has zero recoil when ADS with a scope. Talk about critical hit spam. Also I have a Tediore rocket launcher that holds 6 rounds, shoots 2 at once and when you reload it, instead of throwing it out and it exploding, it launches forward like another rocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I love the fanning of the revolvers. So awesome. I just wish Zero had a gunslinger tree like Mordecai did.

On that note, I found a revolver that has zero recoil when ADS with a scope. Talk about critical hit spam. Also I have a Tediore rocket launcher that holds 6 rounds, shoots 2 at once and when you reload it, instead of throwing it out and it exploding, it launches forward like another rocket.

Yup, brb. Going to stop everything and go play.

On a more serious note, has anyone found a good use for the Gunzerker? I probably just don't have enough traits into anything that buffs his special, but it seems useless to me. Sure it's decent burst, but sloppy reloading and forced micromanagement of your weapons to make sure you're pulling the right one's out during the ability. Not to mention it's basically vomiting out already scarce ammo.

(I normally play commando, but he's on a file with a few people who haven't been able to play in a few days. Messing around with other characters. Making a Zer0 as we speak.)

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Oh god, he's the perfect spokesperson for the pretentious ass that none of us will admit that we love hearing in media, haha. The recordings with him and Pierce had my jaw dropping open and laughing hysterically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero is so fucking awesome. I can't wait to unlock the final skill in his Bloodshed tree. Use Deception, instantly kill an enemy with melee thanks to Execute, instantly go back into Deception, rinse and repeat. Oh yes, and I get healed, regen shields, and gain increased gun damage, melee damage, and run speed.

Sooo deliciously OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    I've been playing the slot machines alot in Moxxi's, and here's what I observed the rewards to be:

Bandit head X 3 = Active grenade thrown at you
    Bell X 3 = Lots of money
    7 X 3 = Vladof or Tediore player skin
    Single Eridium bar X 3 = 4 Eridium
    Double Eridium bar X 3 = 8 Eridium
    Triple Eridium bar X 2 = 16 Eridium
    Cherry X 3 = Uncommon (green) weapon
    Leg X 3 = Rare (blue) weapon
    Marcus X 3 = Epic (purple) weapon
    Vault X 3 = Legendary (orange) weapon
    Do they scale to level? I'm level 11 and most of what they have are 9. Maybe it's based on quest progress?

The best part is the eridium, really.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 11:36 PM ----------

Oh god, he's the perfect spokesperson for the pretentious ass that none of us will admit that we love hearing in media, haha. The recordings with him and Pierce had my jaw dropping open and laughing hysterically.
    The dialogues are amazing with him, but also with others. I mean, it's pretty fun killing Bonerfarts.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post

I don't like that they streamlined revolvers into pistols, because in the first game Revolvers were always so much more powerful then a pistol, though slower firing generally. When I had Mordecai at level 75 in the original game I was using revolvers that would kill any enemy in one shot.