Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Currently level 16 on Zer0, god please don't ever, ever change the difficulty. I hope they make enough money that they don't feel the need to Blizzardize it, and I don't feel they will. Gearbox is comfortable with how they make games.

I die, sure, but I always come through and win. Haven't played Co-op yet, but I will on my next playthrough. Love sniper rifles still, headshots everywhere. I've found sniper rifle + fire pistol + shield SMG to be my usual lineup right now, but it changes (not the rifle) based on how I need to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    just beat the game and while the ending was better than the first still a little disappointed.

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Realy?I got some pistol on zero with burn element and it's realy good.2-3 shots and things are dead.Lvl 10
    As a commando, I'm running around going "No! I don't need elemental damage! DAHL all the way for me!" but, Pistols and SMG's really lose their impact without it. Since I switched to an electric SMG and an explosive pistol, I don't feel like I'm getting carried in my 2 player games any more. (GF's an elemental based siren. yeeaaahhhh)

Before I punched my pride in the face and switched, it was taking me absolutely forever to kill anything. The base damage doesn't change much between Elemental and non elemental small arms, but that extra burn / shock / boom sure as hell does.

(Also, got missle pods on my turret last night. Good lord...)

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lastblow View Post
    just beat the game and while the ending was better than the first still a little disappointed.
    Good lord. How many hours have you put in the last 3 days? lol.

Feel like I've been playing the shit out of it (2 player co-op) and I'm sitting at 16.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    This game is so difficult. Honestly its extremely frustrating. i've tried as the gunzerker & zero and neither one of them seem to do well solo. I could play with a friend but you know people do have separate lives outside of the computer...

Honestly, I just want to play something I enjoy, I don't want to reroll to commando or siren. I've heard both are really exceptional at solo.

They need to fix this, coming from a borderlands 1 player playing through the campaign 3 times its to much. Honestly, if it doesn't get patched at least slightly it'll be the worst 59.99 I've spent in awhile. At least diablo 3 was free...
    I sincerely hope they do not patch it. Yes...the difficulty is much higher than BL1 (I didn't play BL1 till over a year or maybe two after its release...so it may have been harder at the start) but I feel it is in a good place. I am liking the challenge, but really most of the game is fairly easy (playing Assassin anyway) until you get to some of the boss fights. Sometimes you need to stop and do side missions to level up before continuing, and sometimes a mob not dying is his way of telling you to find/buy a new gun.

Loving it.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Really surprised by the Dark Souls reference in this game. So cool.

Deleted
    Hey guys anyone want to play ? will probably start from the start add me on skype: graemeward1 and/or on steam: graemeward11

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Really surprised by the Dark Souls reference in this game. So cool.
    There's practically references to everything in the known universe. :P (Not really, but you get the point).

Already finished the story, was uhh... kinda ehhh. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I sincerely hope they do not patch it. Yes...the difficulty is much higher than BL1 (I didn't play BL1 till over a year or maybe two after its release...so it may have been harder at the start) but I feel it is in a good place. I am liking the challenge, but really most of the game is fairly easy (playing Assassin anyway) until you get to some of the boss fights. Sometimes you need to stop and do side missions to level up before continuing, and sometimes a mob not dying is his way of telling you to find/buy a new gun.

Loving it.
    Bingo. Sometimes I really struggle with certain parts. It's caused me to have an entirely different approach to the game. This one doesn't have weapon skill leveling. I finally broke down and bought a sniper rifle for the first time in BL history. Now, I'll take out 2-3 of them before they even get in fatal distance of me, followed by tossing out the turret, equipping the lightning SMG and taking cover, picking them off as they get closer.

If anything, the difficulty makes you wanna step up and get better, not complain. It's definitely added longevity to the title. Loving it.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Loving it.
    Heh, it's great fun belittling my brother for being bad at games because of this. He's constantly dying to shit he could be avoiding and then trying to say his deaths were "unavoidable". Doubly so considering how much shit he talks all the time.

Actually really enjoying the difficulty in the game. Not super challenging, but it's nice to actually have to worry about dying every once in a while compared to the first game : )

The second game (Which I want to buy soooo badly) is popular because of how much fun the first one was. The writing was great, the attitude was hilarious, it was like Diablo loot and level system meets FPS game. So. Much. Fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Bingo. Sometimes I really struggle with certain parts. It's caused me to have an entirely different approach to the game. This one doesn't have weapon skill leveling. I finally broke down and bought a sniper rifle for the first time in BL history. Now, I'll take out 2-3 of them before they even get in fatal distance of me, followed by tossing out the turret, equipping the lightning SMG and taking cover, picking them off as they get closer.

If anything, the difficulty makes you wanna step up and get better, not complain. It's definitely added longevity to the title. Loving it.
    Unless you get really lucky, you'd always want to look around and just pick up any tiny upgrades. Loot is a lot more rare, and so your greens will be constantly rotating. Blues maybe a bit slower, but nonetheless will. Else you'd probably get left behind a bit in terms of damage and then you'd be smashing your head. :P

Deleted
    Marathon stream up on www.justin.tv/notrepaired , no commercial and no we dont make money from it, its up all weekend! enjoy and dont forget, Borderlands 2 is Awesome sauce

LOVE this game, its so many moments you cant help to laugh at all the comments and stunts the people of pandora does.

10+ Year Old Account
    around 18 hours played i am lvl 30 playing zero bloodshed spec

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: Y'know those little caches of weapons/vendors/boxes etc that you occasionally find roped off by lightning? How do you find your way in to them? I remember some early quest where you break one such barrier by shooting a battery or something...but I can't remember what they look like and can never (literally never) find my way in to any.

I've played so far about half co-op through just keeping my game public and probably about half alone...but I never find em in co-op or have forgotten to ask. As someone who usually finds all the 'secret caches' in games, this has been killing me.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Question: Y'know those little caches of weapons/vendors/boxes etc that you occasionally find roped off by lightning? How do you find your way in to them? I remember some early quest where you break one such barrier by shooting a battery or something...but I can't remember what they look like and can never (literally never) find my way in to any.
    I remember finding one of these in Frostbrand Canyon (I think?), the area where you first meet Lilith. I just followed the wire coming out of it to a fuse panel and pulled down the lever to cut the power.

10+ Year Old Account

I've played so far about half co-op through just keeping my game public and probably about half alone...but I never find em in co-op or have forgotten to ask. As someone who usually finds all the 'secret caches' in games, this has been killing me.
    Follow the electrical lines until you meet a fuse box, shoot fuse box. Profit! Sometimes they're out of their way, and be careful when they branch off. Some wires will branch into two or three, if one of them just goes crazy far away, it's probably not that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    This game is so difficult. Honestly its extremely frustrating. i've tried as the gunzerker & zero and neither one of them seem to do well solo. I could play with a friend but you know people do have separate lives outside of the computer...

Honestly, I just want to play something I enjoy, I don't want to reroll to commando or siren. I've heard both are really exceptional at solo.

They need to fix this, coming from a borderlands 1 player playing through the campaign 3 times its to much. Honestly, if it doesn't get patched at least slightly it'll be the worst 59.99 I've spent in awhile. At least diablo 3 was free...
    Explore, do sidequests. Reload your game so enemies respawn and kill some more. Get a little ahead in level if you're struggling. There's like a whole half region in that zone near liar's berg that you don't have any reason to go to other than just exploring. Check it out. There seems to be a lot of places you don't HAVE to go in the game, so explore everywhere and you might find you do better.

Also, don't forget to spend your tokens for bonuses!

Or you could just cheat and get some better guns if that suits your fancy (nothing wrong with cheating in a solo game, really).

Personally, I enjoy the challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwLViIjtmTE

Just sooooo much win... minecraft skin for commandos.

Borderlands is that cross genre game that has been executed well.

It's a FPS, It's and RPG and it's multiplayer. Borderlands 1 was amazing, it's one of my fav games. Borderlands 2, after a 6 hour gaming spree last night, it's doing well to being up there along with the original.

There is only one issue with Borderlands 2 and that's the inventory screens, I hate em. They are too messy. They tried to make them simple, but made them worse in my opinion.

But the game is still a 9/10 rating so far. I've not touched the game today, been leveling an alt on WoW, but I'm only playing BL2 with my brother and he hasn't been about today. But can't wait to progress more (level 14-16 atm).