Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] Borderlands 2

MOD HIJACK! Please keep all discussion for Borderlands 2 in this thread. Thanks! -sj

I don't get it, someone explain to me why this game (which to me doesn't look that great) is getting such praise. I never played the original so that could be my problem but still, everyone I talk to is excited about it, every EB store has posters everywhere about it and every site is advertising it. So tell me, what is so damn great about this game?
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-09-17 at 11:33 PM.

Deleted
    It's a great coop FPS with RPG elements in it... It's pretty much the only in it's genre that has done coop good. Then the art style is just adorable

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    I never played the original so that could be my problem...
    Hit the nail on the head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you play the first game? it's the most fun i have had playing a game online with friends that i have had since my best friend moved to texas 3-4 years ago. Plus the DLC means that it can be played for a very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    It's a great coop FPS with RPG elements in it... It's pretty much the only in it's genre that has done coop good. Then the art style is just adorable
    Pretty much this. It's quite the unique experience and is a lot of fun. However, the new one's ending just HAS to be better than the first....

Deleted
    aye first one was good , too bad they had to go dubstep for the trailer huge turn off imo.
    lets hope they keep all the good stuff from the first game instead of full easy lolmode.

Deleted
    story, art style, coop, coop yeh said it twice, but only 1 in its genre that done it good, enemies, loads of guns, humor. If you never played it go play borderlands, watch gameplays watch trailers (doomsday trailer for B2 was amazing, better then the current commercial on TV atm)

If you do not like it, leave it at that. If you do u know what we are talking about that do like it

It's a fun co-op FPS that incorporates character progression.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's great fun in coop that's why.

BL is hands down the best console co-op game i have ever played. it deserves every once of praise they give it. the rpg elements with the fast paced shooting and all the oddball elements mixed in make it an amazing experience

Because people hype up everything these days, even things that were mediocre to begin with. Then when the follow up isn't made out of platinum with 10 years worth of content, they feel justified in flipping out about it.

The first one was a pretty great couch co-op experience. I expect this one to be the same.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    It appears to be doing an Assasin's Creed.

Listening to the issues people had with the first game and actually improving them (instead of just ignoring) to create a richer gaming experience.

Thus if you liked the first game, chances are you are going to be hyped for the sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Because the 1st one was good....?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it worth getting if you prefer solo play? I'm not a big fan of co-op, my pace is...neurotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

As much as I loved Borderlands, I haven't looked into Borderlands 2 much. Playing too many games and not enough money Maybe I'll snag it a year later on the steam sale with all the DLCs like I did the first game.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Is it worth getting if you prefer solo play? I'm not a big fan of co-op, my pace is...neurotic.
    Maybe. I'd suggest looking at some gameplay videos of the first one and see if it looks like something you're interested in. Even solo I enjoyed the hunt for loot -- but for me it was all about playing with friends.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    The first one was fun as hell, I bet i put almost 200 hours of game play into it within the first week of owning it (yes no-life alert). I'm stoked to see how sweet the 2nd will be.

Deleted
    Because it's a amazing open world and probably the only RPG-shooter as far as i know. Oh, hellgate: london perhaps but that's dead.

Because borderlands was/is the best game of its genre by a factor of 10? Maybe?