10+ Year Old Account

Choosing a Race for my Character

I'm trying to decide between alliance races for my rogue character. This is how I view the races, as pertinent to being a rogue:

Humans - Obvious choice, but fairly over represented.

Dwarfs - I love the idea, but as a race they seem too clumsy and impulsive.
    Gnomes - A good choice, considering their gadgets and subtle demographic, but the personality doesn't quite fit. Gnomes are a little too energetic.

Worgen - Rather not: I don't want my history/personality to be controlled by the Affliction and various Gilnean tragedies.
    Night Elf - Rather not: I really don't like Night Elves - sorry!

My current preferences are gnome and dwarf, but I'd love to get some other opinions!
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

Deleted
    From what you think of each race you listed, I'd say go gnome! :P Maybe female gnome, they don't seem as energetic as the male gnomes! :P

If I had really to choose for myself, I would go worgen male, because I like how they swing and that. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I think your taking the stereotype for gnomes a bit too far. I understand that's how most are portrayed, but not all. An example of a gnome who only acts cheerful and upbeat, but is really careless of anything but her goal and the destruction of her rival (two good rogue mentalities) is Kelsey Steelspark of the Gnomeregan Covert Ops. Her quest line in Tanaris spans about the entire zone, and she uses you (the player) and anything else to her advantage to beat Megs (the horde representative in Gadgetzan) and ensure Gadgetzan trade is reliable for the Alliance. If you want, you can always find a way to twist your character to become less energetic and upbeat, maybe a disaster or attack. The possibilities are (almost) endless in this world.

I can agree with dwarfs being clunky - personally, I don't know how you can deal with this, other than whip him up one awesome story as to how he learned to be sneaky. But we see in the Dark Iron dwarfs a lot of ability for the more rogue-ish characteristics to seep out.

In any case, I would vote for a gnome, but that's your call. Oh, and don't forget pandas! They can be rogues, and the world will be (even more) full of them in a week.
    Last edited by Knephertiti; 2012-09-17 at 06:55 PM.
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister

Quote Originally Posted by Senit View Post
    Gnomes are a little too energetic.
    Would energetic Gnomes not be best because rogues use energy for attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunknight View Post
    Would energetic Gnomes not be best because rogues use energy for attacks?
    Ba dum tish, but in seriousness...

Arguably it's the more calm and calculating that will be the better rogue, as they will be much more tactically-minded, rather than just stabbing willy-nilly... mind, that's a gross generalization, but the point being is that the more calm and calculating a rogue is, the better they'll be in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kelsey frickin' Steelspark.

She scares me. Underneath that wholesome, PG-rated 'oh my golly goshness', there is the manipulative mind of a vicious killer.

Dwarf Rogues are great if you want a 'dirty fighter'. The one that will go toe-to-toe with you after you find a dagger in your spleen, and belch beer-breath in your face to make you stagger and create an opening to finish you off.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Kelsey frickin' Steelspark.

She scares me. Underneath that wholesome, PG-rated 'oh my golly goshness', there is the manipulative mind of a vicious killer.
    Heh, your not the only one. The first time I was going through her quests, reading along, I had to do a double take of where she suddenly dropped the act. I remember my first thought after realizing just who she was was something along the lines of "Oh $#@%! She's not playing... Don't hurt me! I'll do whatever you say!"

My poor gnome priest still has nightmares about that woman...
    My RP Characters:
    The Wandering Smith - Stephen Gallister