Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yep, MMO-C living up to the usual standards. Absolutely hilarious to read the comments so far, the virtual tears of rage are flowing heavily and they are so delicious!

Blizzard have been saying all along that it would be a quick scenario, aimed at acting a launch platform for the future events of MoP, with some small rewards tacked on for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    Ok I did this crap once and never again. I'd rather watch the DS cinematics again. If this is a hint of what to come... ugh.
    Do you know what scenarios are? They are nothing but group quests, the fact that you would even think that this is a comparison to raid/pvp content in MoP is just pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear...

I thought it was going to be epic....

I really am not one to QQ, but that kinda scored high on the fail-o-meter

sorry Blizzard

Dashifen - there was an element of sarcasm in my post, but don't you think they could have explained the reasoning for the attack a little better, why the Goblins got involved, how they produced a bomb of that size? You shouldn't need to go to WowWiki to find this out, a solid MMO should be telling this in game IMHO. Pre Xpac events should wet the whistle, this does the total opposite.

Deleted
    Seriously though, putting all of this 'That's our world event?' out of the window for now...what the fuck was that?

I understand a quick group quest...but it wasn't interesting in the slightest. No information was given at all. 1 cutscene of some no-name Goblin dropping a bomb on Theramore. Why? We don't get to find that out. You just show up as Alliance, kill some horde then fight a random Boss that basically says 'Gar! I'm an Orc now I must kill you!' There is literally NOTHING. What could have been done with this is staggering.

dam that event is so epic... i hope MoP content is like this

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    Yep, MMO-C living up to the usual standards. Absolutely hilarious to read the comments so far, the virtual tears of rage are flowing heavily and they are so delicious!

Blizzard have been saying all along that it would be a quick scenario, aimed at acting a launch platform for the future events of MoP, with some small rewards tacked on for good measure.
    this. a thousand times this.

i had an absolute blast reading all the wah that spewed forth in this thread.

flipping fantastic.

man the whiners in this forum are so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Seriously though, putting all of this 'That's our world event?' out of the window for now...what the fuck was that?

I understand a quick group quest...but it wasn't interesting in the slightest. No information was given at all. 1 cutscene of some no-name Goblin dropping a bomb on Theramore. Why? We don't get to find that out. You just show up as Alliance, kill some horde then fight a random Boss that basically says 'Gar! I'm an Orc now I must kill you!' There is literally NOTHING. What could have been done with this is staggering.
    Blizzards way to show how much they care <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    Do you know what scenarios are? They are nothing but group quests, the fact that you would even think that this is a comparison to raid/pvp content in MoP is just pathetic.
    I'd rather watch the DS *CINEMATICS* again.. I didn't compare it to a raid... even one single vanilla wow starting zone quest is more entertaining than this, because those are much harder and have more story in them. This "content" should never have been released.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    Dashifen - there was an element of sarcasm in my post, but don't you think they could have explained the reasoning for the attack a little better, why the Goblins got involved, how they produced a bomb of that size? You shouldn't need to go to WowWiki to find this out, a solid MMO should be telling this in game IMHO. Pre Xpac events should wet the whistle, this does the total opposite.
    Gotcha. Sarcasm didn't come through, sorry.

To be honest, though, I don't think Blizz is interested in putting it all in game because, when they add information in game via quest text many skip it and when they add it by cinematic people skip it. Hell, when they do it as NPC RP prior to an event or fight people bitch that it takes to long. So, they tried this and people bitched. Bilzz is used to the pattern, so they're going to just keep trying to do the best they can.

I think the in-game information was enough. We know the horde attacked Theramore and wiped it out using tactics that most would find fairly deplorable. That's the important summary of what was necessary to know regarding the situation. If a person wants more, they can read wikis, only articles here or at places like WoW Insider, or read the Tides of War book which was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post

How exactly does this take away from the fact that the scenario is absolutely terrible? Seriously, it isn't even remotely fun and/or interesting.

Deleted

The image says it all

Deleted
    This is worse than the boob job Jaina got in TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gewuda47 View Post
    This is worse than the boob job Jaina got in TBC.
    And this folks, is why MMO-c needs an upvote system.

At least most of the scenarios I did in beta are more entertaining than this one (even tho I hate Inga Ingoo with all my heart, it is decent)

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Anyone know if the Tabard and the Mini Manabomb are only available during the pre-mop scenario, or can we get them from the level 90 version?

Deleted
    They should have spend their efforts more on MoP so it can be even better or give us a real event for mop...this was a waste of time. As for MoP scenarios, I won't do them, if they gonna suck as hard as Theramore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Quick question, what do you do Scenarios for exactly? What's the reason to do them outside of just doing them to see it.
    small bit of valor (at 90) and a LFD esque bag that can have some dungeon quality blues. Its basically i have 10-15 minutes to kill and want to get some gold and vp

The lamest event ever ... blizz thanks for showing how lame and lazy your team has gotten.

Deleted
    Lol, the worst prepatch ever.
    Horde drops the bomb -> 5 minutes or less of pewpew -> goobuy!