Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Will let you know soon. The last two remaining english and the last two remaining german pve servers were merged, I'm staring at a 55 min queue and consider this is an utterly moronic decision. These two "superservers" will have ~220% of the population of the last remaining pvp servers; while the first round was needed and helpful, I don't seen any justification for this latest merger.

Hope your queue doesn't actually turn out to be that long ><

Deleted
    Ended as a close to 25 min wait; I needed to rename one char and was offered to rename my legacy. Mail and storage all seem okay at first glance.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Will let you know soon. The last two remaining english and the last two remaining german pve servers were merged, I'm staring at a 55 min queue and consider this is an utterly moronic decision. These two "superservers" will have ~220% of the population of the last remaining pvp servers; while the first round was needed and helpful, I don't seen any justification for this latest merger.
    The queue will die down when every single person on all of those servers aren't bombarding freshly opened login servers to see much of nothing. It's like onlooker traffic at an accident. People want to see what all the fuss is about, but there's really no fuss. You will find queue times for PvP and Group Finder significantly lower from this point forward I would presume. One can only hope.

Its all good now.

Everything is okay.

I have my imp toons on the same server as my pubs.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    0 names needed to be changed and I was finally able to remove the ' from my legacy name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damm, that's some serious trimming of the server list. http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Damm, that's some serious trimming of the server list. http://www.swtor.com/server-status
    Indeed. They had like what, 217 servers total before the original transfers?

That's a 90% drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Question for people who were moved. Did everything you have get moved (cargo hold, mail, etc?)? Are you still part of the guild you were in before? Any issues result?
    I'm on a destination (Shadowlands) so didn't get transfered, but I did see in the FAQ that guild stuff was transfering this time (as opposed to last time).

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Indeed. They had like what, 217 servers total before the original transfers?

That's a 90% drop.
    Having 200 servers was stupid to begin with.

Deleted
    Noticed an increase in members, no log in queue tho.

Then again... now I understand why they added "get put infront of non subbed users during log in queue"

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the servers 'trimmed' were the servers that were transferred off of last consolidation. They are just bringing all of the characters that still existed on those servers over here.

It looks like I will have 16 character slots, I guess if I had created some characters on the 3rd rp-pve server I could have had 24 character slots.

I guess if I delete a character, the slot will disappear.

Wow, down to 20 servers.
    Last edited by Capt Froggy; 2012-09-18 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    I think it is a great decision overall, nothing is worse then a dead server in an MMO. The original 227 servers (or whatever) was far too much, they should have started out small and launched more servers if needed, it would have helped build server communities rather then having a large number of servers die off.

Superservers are really the future of MMO's (whether or not separated by "instances" to help with the population balance, lag etc) as it basically makes the entire game one big world rather then separating all the servers.

Although I no longer play, I may come back when it goes F2P or if there is a free weekend to check things out,

Having these massive population servers is a fantastic way of doing things, if this has been introduced earlier I think a lot of people who left the "sinking ship" would have stuck around.

That being said i had about a 30 fps drop in warzones tonight, my character felt like he was running through jelly so I'm hoping that was just teething problems and the hardware is up to it. I enjoy the game but he optimisation really is pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    Having these massive population servers is a fantastic way of doing things, if this has been introduced earlier I think a lot of people who left the "sinking ship" would have stuck around.

That being said i had about a 30 fps drop in warzones tonight, my character felt like he was running through jelly so I'm hoping that was just teething problems and the hardware is up to it. I enjoy the game but he optimisation really is pants.
    Its going to be like after the first consolidation. You just have to give it some time.

I'm betting we see some hot fixes in the next week, maybe 2 weeks.

Actually the fleet was less laggy than before with half the amount of people. Didn't experience more lag in warzones either.

However, I think this was the right decision to do, now they just have to introduce char transfers between PvP/ PvE and RP Server and I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Yeah, I saw that this morning.

ZOMG THE GAME IS DYING!
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Damn there are a ton more trolls and assholes on JC now that we absorbed CO...General chat on both the fleet and in Denova was awful last night.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Damn there are a ton more trolls and assholes on JC now that we absorbed CO...General chat on both the fleet and in Denova was awful last night.
    I completely ignored it. Queue times were awesome, though I only played a couple of hours during peak. Have so much to do before this Tuesday