Poll: Are you in favor of keeping Cats or Dogs?

Thread: Cats or Dogs?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cats or Dogs?

If a world wide phenomena were to happen that every cat, or every dog were to blow up, and the feline or k9 families were completely obliterated from the face of the earth. Which (cat or dog) would you want to keep?

Are you in favor of keeping Cats? (So many negatives of cats that i cant even list them)

or

Are you in favor of keeping Dogs? (Cuddly, cute, fun to play with, and very happy, tail wagging creatures!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Are you in favor of keeping Cats? (So many negatives of cats that i cant even list them)

or

Are you in favor of keeping Dogs? (Cuddly, cute, fun to play with, and very happy, tail wagging creatures!)
    I see bias :P The bolded parts are found in cats too.

This being the internet I would be surprised if cats didn't win this one, but dogs for sure imo.

Dogs, loyal to the end. My dog titan is my best friend

10+ Year Old Account
    If a criminal breaks into your house while you're sleeping in the middle of the night and you have a dog, he'll bark his head off. More times than not scaring away the criminal or at least waking you up and giving you a fighting chance. Hell, some breeds may even attack the criminal outright at the potential cost of their life.

If a criminal breaks into your house while you're sleeping in the middle of the night and you have a cat, he'll hide under the bed while the criminal slits your throat.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If a criminal breaks into your house while you're sleeping in the middle of the night and you have a dog, he'll bark his head off. More times than not scaring away the criminal or at least waking you up and giving you a fighting chance. Hell, some breeds may even attack the criminal outright at the potential cost of their life.

If a criminal breaks into your house while you're sleeping in the middle of the night and you have a cat, he'll hide under the bed while the criminal slits your throat.
    This right here. Always trust a dog over a cat. Plus they are more loyal to you and dont act like self-righteous little snobs all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Furthermore, dogs have a host of real world applications, beyond protection/herding of livestock. Applications that are important in this day in age, Bomb and other forms of contraband sniffing, seeing eye, police & rescue, etc...

A cat's main job was to live in a barn and kill the vermin that was getting into the feed. How many of us live on working farms? Their only real purpose these days is companionship, and by their very nature they don't make the best companions.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Both, If I move out i'll get a cat first tho. A cat with attitude, playfull, talkative is what I desire, sadly I lost one like that and Idk why but she was the most perfect cat for me..... ever (and i've had lots of cats)^^
    I love my dogs and they bring me alot of love and I enjoy walking with them, go to dogschool with them,etc but they're backstabbers when no one's around

I like them both, but I'd have to go with cats if I could have just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post

If you have a cat he'll leave the criminal alone and the guy will be able to steal stuff and leave without fuss. If you have a dog, he'll wake you up, forcing the guy to do stupid things (like shooting you)

It can go both ways when you invent stupid situations like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    If you have a cat he'll leave the criminal alone and the guy will be able to steal stuff and leave without fuss. If you have a dog, he'll wake you up, forcing the guy to do stupid things (like shooting you)

It can go both ways when you invent stupid situations like that.
    Calling another forum poster stupid for an idea they have is really rude and not promoting any constructive discussion.

Deleted
    Cats. Oh the cuteness.
    I never really liked dogs too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dogs all the way!!! There are just so many things and activities you can do with them. There's a reason why they are called "Man's best friend", hell I'm about to go take my dog out to the beach just a 10 minute walk from here to go play fetch in the water. To me, cats are just completely boring... compared to dogs they're just moving pieces of furniture.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm shocked cats win this poll, shame on you MMO. Dogs all the fucking way!
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

I would keep dogs. They greet me at the door, don't make the house smell like pee and you can wrestle around with them.

Deleted
    Cats.

I'm allergic to cats, so dogs. Even if I wasn't allergic, I prefer dogs either way

Deleted
    A cat that has no owner wont try to bite you when you walk near her down the street, a dog will.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    A cat that has no owner wont try to bite you when you walk near her down the street, a dog will.
    Nah stray cats are mean as fuck.

Dogs are more useful too. When was the last time you heard of a drug sniffing cat, a seeing eye cat, a cat used to find lost or dead people, a bird cat, a herding cat, etc...?

The only thing cats are good for is killing mice and rats, and the only advantage they have is they can't bark.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-09-18 at 06:58 AM.