Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2 shamans and a holy paladin for 10 mans?

Hello guys,

I am trying to set up our raid group before mop is released and it seems we will end with a paladin healer. Do you think 2 shamans will be viable for 10 man MoP raids?

Replies from someone who actually tried MoP raids would be appreciated(but ofc even opinions of those who didnt try it :-)

Thanks a lot.

It's doable. But I'd get another class. You want to increase your toolset.

"On such and such fight X class is particularly good." You want to increase your coverage for those sort of situations.
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm aware Shammys shine much more on 25man if you're using 2. I'd suggest Shaman, Pala + insert healer here, diversity

10+ Year Old Account
    We are rolling with all 4 (our boomkin will OS resto) and will consider a Monk if they are OP. This will allow us to have access to the following raid CDs as needed.

Damage Reduction
    Devotion Aura - Paladin
    Power Word: Barrier - Priest
    Spirit Link Totem - Shaman

Damage Reduction
    Tranquility - Druid
    Divine Hymn - Priest
    Healing Tide Totem - Shaman

Mana Regeneration
    Hymn of Hope - Priest
    Mana Tide Totem - Shaman
    Last edited by Jaceo; 2012-09-18 at 04:37 AM.

Deleted
    Grrr, i am strugling for one pala AND one shaman for our groups but we have a natural attraction to priests and druids
    Each group has Priest+Druid setup, with the one group having Priest as off healer and the other druid as off healer.

I am not complaining since the guys and gals are good at what they do (healing was always our asset), but really when i see what my pala can do (and i am not a "proper" healer) in the raid after the changes...

You should be fine. Two Resto Shaman will give you two Healing Tide Totems and Two Spirit Links. Those are both VERY valuable raid CDs. Perhaps the best. You'll also have two ESs for your tanks. They just need to watch each other's ES and Riptides so they don't step on each other's toes, but it's not nearly as bad as two disc priests. You're really only missing an additional tank CD like Pain Suppression.

As others have said, diversity is an advantage. When you double up, the strengths and weaknesses of a particular class are magnified.

Shamans traditional strength is cluster healing, and traditional weakness is movement. While shaman are better spread out and moving then they used to be, it is still a drop noticeable drop in efficiency.

15+ Year Old Account
    Avoid doubling up at all costs.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Try get a monk - they're quite strong.

Our raid team is as following:

DPS:
    Warlock
    Feral Druid
    Mage
    DeathKnight
    Boomkin Druid

Healers:
    Resto Shaman
    Mistweaver Monk

Swing Man:
    Holy/Retribution Paladin

Tanks:
    Blood Death Knight
    Protection Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    While shaman are better spread out and moving then they used to be, it is still a drop noticeable drop in efficiency.
    Six unglyphed riptides, two earthshields, and two healing stream totems say otherwise...And that's before 2 Ascendances, 2SLTs, and 2 HTTs walk in the room...

Deleted
    Slightly off-topic, but MoP raid wise, do you guys know if the fights will be 2 healable (even at lower gear levels), or will 3 healers be the norm for 10 man?

Deleted
    we are going with pala shammy and priest.

My raid group is consisting of a holy pally, a disc priest (me)..., and we have a shammy with a dps off spec that will go with us to heal on fights that we need three. Though I am considering switching to mistweaver monk...just depends on how viable they are and if we have someone to cover the stamina buff if I do decide to switch. But I think so long as you have your main buffs covered 2 shammys shouldn't be a problem with a holy pally. Shammys are excellent healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto Sham
    Holy Pally
    Disc Priest with DPS off.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but MoP raid wise, do you guys know if the fights will be 2 healable (even at lower gear levels), or will 3 healers be the norm for 10 man?
    I would imagine that a few fights will be doable with 2 healers, as for low gear levels I doubt it.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by constantduty View Post
    Six unglyphed riptides, two earthshields, and two healing stream totems say otherwise...And that's before 2 Ascendances, 2SLTs, and 2 HTTs walk in the room...
    You forgot SWG. I did say efficient. Theorycrafting I've seen all stresses how healing rain (on a group) is resto shamans best hps and hpm. Yes they can glyph riptide, but they aren't going to get the same healing out of that mana as say a rejuvenation. And if the answer is to cover movement with CDs, then you have to hope the movement in the encounter plays nice with the CDs, and that those CDs aren't required somewhere else.

Having a shaman is great. But having 2 of anything in a 10 is kinda meh.

Isn't Blizzard's whole thing like bring the player not the class or some stupid bullshit like that?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate healing with another shaman, especially if the third healer is a paladin :P
    My favorite comp: shaman, druid and disc. I have, however, mostly healed with paladin and druid. Guess it could work but it wouldn't be optimal with two shamans and a paladin

Deleted
    Moin moin,

When you want to do Progress than would be better to get a Monk/HPala instant of 2 Shamans

Your,
    Holy

10+ Year Old Account
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup