Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    I don't know what's worse, the people that think O'Reilly is worth all the attention, or the people who think Stewart has ANY idea what he's talking about. No, there's a reason they're are both PUNDITS and not actual POLITICIANS. That being said, I hate politicians just as much, but on a different level.
    I'd say most politicans don't have any idea what they're talking about, to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You've met him and had dinner with him?
    I've met him yes.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Angryshammy View Post
    last time I heard Jon Stewart was a member of MENSA... when did they start letting morons in?
    IQ tests are garbage. They have no method for measuring equally important concepts such as emotional intelligence. If you base human intelligence on how closely a person resembles Commander Data, then you give IQ tests much more weight than I do. He's a moron. The truth lies in his inability to overcome his own bias. He is unable, or unwilling to admit obvious truth. There is little difference between a Republican and Democrat in Washington. Both are short-sighted, big-spending aberrations. When the rallying cry of your party is a social issue that's already been decided by the Supreme Court decades ago, it doesn't say much about the intelligence of your followers. Republicans are no better with their absurd amounts of military welfare. They're two sides of the same coin, and Stewart, high IQ or not, is a clueless twat for not realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angryshammy View Post
    last time I heard Jon Stewart was a member of MENSA... when did they start letting morons in?
    This may come as a surprise to you, but people who disagree with your politics/views are not necessary doing so out of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    Oh please you can just see Jon playing up the Blame Bush Card, blame Congress, blame some obscure Youtube Video on americans being attacked, blame this blame that, just taking talking points from the Obama campaign.

Then when O'Reilly calls Jon out on that and states how off base he is.... here is Jon's ESCAPE CARD..... "OH BUT I'M JUST A LOWLY COMEDIAN, WHO CARES WHAT I SAY, DON'T MIND ME WHEN I SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT!"

here's me..... THEN WHY DID YOU START FLAPPING YOUR GUMS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

can't stand that Jon Stewart his show is atrocious! Its him spending 40 minutes making sarcastic remarks and very annoying moans and groans. i feel bad for the youth of today who falls for his 1 dimensional shtick.... its so pedestrian, and so predicable. It appeals to 3rd grade level intelligence.

poor kids today brainwashed by this misguided bafoon.
    Stewart actually pokes fun at the flaws and errors of people to prove a point. He does give information on given topics, such as the outburst in the middle-east. He said the video contributed, but there was also the Muslim Brotherhood and whatnot to incite the crowd. Yes, he is a democrat and will be biased to one side. But Papa Bear is republican and biased to that side.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I've met him yes.
    You've only met him? Not strong enough for a judgement then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm saying that you already chose who you think is going to 'win' the debate, then you come and whine about other people doing the same thing :P
    Not at all. I may not care for O'reilly's politics, but I think he's a brilliant man nonetheless. Stewart may not be as cunning as O'reilly, but he's snarky as all hell, and being a professional comedian means that he's spent his career learning how to improvise on the spot. I can see this being a truly epic debate.

Whether you believe me or not, I genuinely have no clue who is going to come out ahead here. And personally, I don't care. Sharing opinions should never be a contest. My only opinion on this debate is that it will be absolutely fascinating to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You've only met him? Not strong enough for a judgement then.
    I've also seen a lot of his interviews off the air. Why are you so hell bent on trying to prove he's some sort of monster? People can have differing political views without being morons. He's smart enough to get good ratings on tv.

I don't agree with most of the things he says but that doesn't mean he's a bad person.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Meanwhile on MMO-Champion...another political circle-jerk thread over Fox News and Jon Stewart, how original. The OP had good intentions, but this is like giving Dick Cheney a loaded gun in the passenger seat as Ted Kennedy drives.
    The political definition of calling shotgun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bill O'Reilly is just a loudmouth gasbag. On the other hand, Jon Stewart is just a shill for the cheap joke machine. Stewart will win because he has a more involved and open worldview. But the truth is, I'd rather watch O'Reilly versus Colbert. That would be a truly epic demolition...

Another progressive circle-jerk on MMO-Champion!?

No wai...

Infracted
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-09-18 at 05:58 AM.

$4.95 cents is steep for a broke arse like me but I'm dying to see it. Might have to pony up.

Deleted
    Stewart is actually a boss,allthough he can be slightly irritating.

O'Reilly is just a dumbass =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nogard64 View Post
    Oh please you can just see Jon playing up the Blame Bush Card, blame Congress, blame some obscure Youtube Video on americans being attacked, blame this blame that, just taking talking points from the Obama campaign.

Then when O'Reilly calls Jon out on that and states how off base he is.... here is Jon's ESCAPE CARD..... "OH BUT I'M JUST A LOWLY COMEDIAN, WHO CARES WHAT I SAY, DON'T MIND ME WHEN I SOUND LIKE AN IDIOT!"

here's me..... THEN WHY DID YOU START FLAPPING YOUR GUMS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

can't stand that Jon Stewart his show is atrocious! Its him spending 40 minutes making sarcastic remarks and very annoying moans and groans. i feel bad for the youth of today who falls for his 1 dimensional shtick.... its so pedestrian, and so predicable. It appeals to 3rd grade level intelligence.

poor kids today brainwashed by this misguided bafoon.
    It's 22 minutes long and I doubt political satire appeals to 3rd graders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I've also seen a lot of his interviews off the air. Why are you so hell bent on trying to prove he's some sort of monster? People can have differing political views without being morons. He's smart enough to get good ratings on tv.

I don't agree with most of the things he says but that doesn't mean he's a bad person.
    Not a bad person? Are you frakking kidding me? He makes a massacre of every single of his guests he doesn't agree with; he doesn't let them talk, he doesn't let them finish, he doesn't let them put forth their arguments, he insults them. Ugh, i couldn't really give half a frak what he's like irl, he's one of the biggest morons i've ever seen in my life when he's on air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bill O'Reilly is a jackass, but I assure you his bumbling idiocy displayed on his show is a front. The guy knows that what he says is bullcrap, but he's all about making his money.

As far as the debate goes, I think it's safe to say that Jon Stewart will take the win, but at the same time I feel confident that the two of them actually get along quite well off camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Wow. Just wow. I've very disappointed in all of you. Here we have something with the potential to be one of the awesomest things in the history of awesome, and all you guys can talk about is how much you hate O'reilly. tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk...
    I'm sorry, I really am. But I have seen over the past 11 years how O'reilly has become the arrogant and ignorant mans spokesperson. CUT MIC!

It's like watching Sesame Street where the Count tells you that 2 + 2 actually makes 147. 4? What 4?! The extremists made 4 exist! Adhere to your American roots and embrace your belief that 2 + 2 actually means 147!

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 04:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Bill O'Reilly is a jackass, but I assure you his bumbling idiocy displayed on his show is a front. The guy knows that what he says is bullcrap, but he's all about making his money.

As far as the debate goes, I think it's safe to say that Jon Stewart will take the win, but at the same time I feel confident that the two of them actually get along quite well off camera.
    You really think so?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IwIRNM5noY

Someone who thinks that tides cannot be explained, is just plain stupid. It boggles my mind that he can say stuff like this and have such high viewership numbers, lawl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Meanwhile O'Reilly will claim victory the day after because he shouted the loudest.

Deleted
    I don't have a clue what this is about. I just see two people and.... ???