Tankers in pandaria

Curious:

1 or 2 tank for 10M Normal
    1 or 2 tank for 10M Heroic

atm in beta?

Some bosses have 2, some have one.

There you go, I put as much effort into my post as you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Some bosses have 2, some have one.

There you go, I put as much effort into my post as you.
    Hey, I for one appreciate your hard work and dedication to this forum.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some will require 1 and other bosses require 2, (none needs 3) so therefore make sure both tanks have a dps spec or something just in case you have a tight roster.

Well... I appreciate the answers. Really.

Just another question. In my raid we have the follow atm: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

We know... we don't have spell haste =/ atm... and don't have full group.

But for another tank we have... Guardian Druid or DK Blood. Which do you enjoy more? This is our problem right now.

Thx alot guys.

Cya.

Blood DKs are stupid powerful in beta just like they are in live, I'd go with that.

As for the spell haste buff, tell your hunter to use a Spore Bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Blood DKs are stupid powerful in beta just like they are in live, I'd go with that.

As for the spell haste buff, tell your hunter to use a Spore Bat.
    Thx for your opinion... really thx for the spore bat oO xD

Quote Originally Posted by darkkaos View Post
    Well... I appreciate the answers. Really.

Just another question. In my raid we have the follow atm: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

We know... we don't have spell haste =/ atm... and don't have full group.

But for another tank we have... Guardian Druid or DK Blood. Which do you enjoy more? This is our problem right now.

Thx alot guys.

Cya.
    I personal would go with dk and guardian cause they are in a verry good place right now, guardians are in a verry good state right now and dks are just so powerful. For the spell haste use your hunters different pets for that.

From what I saw it looks like most fights are 2 tank, at least during initial progression. I don't think any in Mogu'shan require only one (at least not at first, I'm sure you could solo tank Stone Guard with gear); at least one in Heart requires one, and I think Terrace is still two.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    From what I saw it looks like most fights are 2 tank, at least during initial progression. I don't think any in Mogu'shan require only one (at least not at first, I'm sure you could solo tank Stone Guard with gear); at least one in Heart requires one, and I think Terrace is still two.
    Isn't the whole point of the fight to keep the guards apart? that means 2 tanks, gear or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahsou View Post
    I personal would go with dk and guardian cause they are in a verry good place right now, guardians are in a verry good state right now and dks are just so powerful. For the spell haste use your hunters different pets for that.
    The problem is... Just the spot for Guardian or dk can change... The warrior is absolute, we can't change :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Isn't the whole point of the fight to keep the guards apart? that means 2 tanks, gear or not.
    No, you keep them apart so you only get two Overloads; if you can heal through it you can just tank all three together. When it was first available for testing and woefully undertuned that's what happened - just tank it like a trash mob, heal and AOE and they died in like 45 seconds.

Deleted
    Umm are you sure it's only 2 not 3 tanks for Stone Guard 25man? When you use 2, you get 2 explosions with one of them not being reduced by the petrification debuff... this might not matter that much on normal (~250k per explosion according to journal) but on heroic I see it being a problem (~500k per explosion)

If you use 3 tanks you can cycle the one who put the debuff, taunting in the first cycle at 33% energy gained (2nd = 66% and 3rd would require some other cycling) and thus making sure that only one explosion is cast - the one matching the debuff on players...

My guild runs with a prot warrior + blood dk as our main tanks.

The classes work very well together, especially when the warrior is free to support the dk. (think safeguard on dk just before a big hit like impale)
    Guardians druids to me feels to lack this synergy with another tank class, but I haven't played around with symbiosis, which may give just that synergy.

You'll want 2 tanks on everything for progression. A few fights can be knocked down to single tank once you have the hang of them and some gear on your healers and deeps.

Quote Originally Posted by darkkaos View Post
    The problem is... Just the spot for Guardian or dk can change... The warrior is absolute, we can't change :P
    I can see the problem here, with a dk and a guardian u would have been absolutely in best spot if u asked me , cause some fights will always be favor ranged with 1 tank fights, this meens u have the druid that can always go boomkin or kitty for mellee friendly fights.
    I would not personal consider at this point a warrior, but if u have no choice life gets hard ;D I personally always go with the best tank for the job on the boss pr boss fight. with the guardian symbiosis u will get a nice synergy. I personaly prefere to co tank with Dks, I been tanking together with all classes and all of them have their op moments, but as guardian I definately prefere Dks to be tanking with me.
    Last edited by Tahsou; 2012-09-22 at 08:28 AM.

Deleted
    So Tahsou... what do you have against warriors hmmm?

So Tahsou... what do you have against warriors hmmm?
    Thats personal preferences what u like to have as a tanking mate so it would not fit here, I refered to a set up in a 10 man where u get better off with druid and a dk, my reson is defined pritty mutch abow.
    2 tanks, with 1 that never can go ranged, on a caster friendly 1 tank fight in a 10 man raid, in a guild where u dont have room for switch out players, or tanks, as it fit the rl, pritty mutch tell the setup.
    Last edited by Tahsou; 2012-09-22 at 10:49 PM.