Getting back into shape, throwing up often?

So all the way through my child hood and ALL the way through highschool i was physically active. but after highschool i let my self go disgustingly bad and now i'm getting back into shape.

I've started with the gym, and my plan is to go 6 days a week, chest arms and legs 2 days a week, with a healthy amount of cardio each day. But after my cardio and towards the end of my work outs (they run about 1.5-2 hours) i have to puke really bad. Normally when i would do conditioning it would be NBD, i would walk off to the side, puke grab some water and get back to it without skippin a beat. but since i'm in a public gym i don't want to throw up there. I did it once already and it was really embarrassing. And today i had to stop before finishing a shoulder AND an arm work out and go home cuz i felt it coming on. which also meant i couldn't do my ending work out cardio.

I understand fully that this will taper off as i get back in shape but i find it annoying that i've had to cut a workout short 2\2 times because of puking, is there any tips or tricks that i could do to stop that feeling coming on without sacrificing intensity? or should i just man the fuck up and puke in the bathroom and not care?

Deleted
    It doesn't happen to me so I googled it; maybe this will help.

http://upfitness.co.uk/articles/fat-...st-exercising/

Seems to have some good advice

You should tone it down, you should not be pushing your body to the point where you puke. /commonsense

Quote Originally Posted by sonof View Post
    It doesn't happen to me so I googled it; maybe this will help.

http://upfitness.co.uk/articles/fat-...st-exercising/

Seems to have some good advice
    That read was pretty informative, learned a few things. thank you =)

Deleted
    This is not army, you are not Usain Bolt. Just take it easy.

Deleted
    Idk man, the moment I clicked this thread I wanted to say it isn't really usual for people to puke that often at work outs, but the again, just yesterday I had a work-out (I'm, or better "have been" a competitive swimmer for about 10 years now and well, during the final exams at school and during the current summer holidays I've let myself go and I'm pretty much out of shape atm) which isn't even remotely compareable to the amount I exercised when I did it seriously. Well, in the end I was just hanging there, my head felt like it was gonna explode and I was about to throw up...

So, I kind of can relate to you. What would be the best solution, imo at least, would be to just not do it that extensive. Just don't push yourself over your limits (I know it's kind of hard not to) and you should be fine. The success will come either way, even if you exercise not that excessive, as long as you do it regularly.

Deleted
    I think you should stop pushing yourself that hard... If you're puking that means what you are doing is wrong, and your body obviously can't take it. Just chill a bit and take a rest each day, no need to go to the gym everyday you know? The process of gaining muscle or just being fit isn't done over a month's time, takes more time than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You taking any pre workouts or anything like that? If so that might be why. I know I had a bad reaction to a pre workout I picked up the other week. I'd never felt like I was going to puke before when working out, except on leg days when i would do deadlifts followed right away with squats. If not then like everybody else has said, tone it down a bit, don't want to over train yourself.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend ramping up over time, not jumping in like you are 16 and going full-force. This isn't a comic book, nor is it the most recent Batman movie. You have to adjust to working out. If you are truly the blob you say you are then I recommend starting to drop the weight before you worry about muscling up. A few 30 minute workouts per day will do you better than a 2 hour marathon.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I'm quite fit myself and I still puke now and again. It may just be something as simple as you've had something too heavy or too light to eat..

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Yeah, definitely wanna lay off. Getting back into shape at the rate where you're continuously puking can't be good for you.

Deleted
    Having grown up with 2 parents quite devoted to fitness, and being a person who really enjoys a good workout myself..

Feeling sick is quite common after long periods of inactivity, because well, you're putting an awfull lot of stress on your system that it just simply isnt used to handle. That said however, if you really are as devoted as you say to getting back in shape.. Well, eat a healthy ammount of carbs before working out, and then a low carb high protein meal afterwards, this will ease some of the stress on your stomach, also...

I usally say that workout untill you ALMOST throw up, that way you know you've pushed yourself to the very limit and hence you are maximizing the effect it will have, given that you workout in a good and healthy manner that is.

If you don't ever puke when you work out, then you aren't really working out. Stick with it OP. Don't listen to all these fat losers who have never done anything hard in their entire life trying to tell you that you are working to hard. The urge to puke will obviously let off over time, but that just means you have to up the effort even more to keep pushing yourself.

If you are at the gym when this happens I recommend going outside for a couple minutes and getting some fresh air. Usually works for me.

Stick with it man.

.infracted.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-09-19 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravock View Post
    If you don't ever puke when you work out, then you aren't really working out. Stick with it OP. Don't listen to all these fat losers who have never done anything hard in their entire life trying to tell you that you are working to hard. The urge to puke will obviously let off over time, but that just means you have to up the effort even more to keep pushing yourself.

If you are at the gym when this happens I recommend going outside for a couple minutes and getting some fresh air. Usually works for me.

Stick with it man.
    I've never puked because of physical exercise. I've never seen anyone at my gym puke because of physical exercise. In fact, I can't remember ever seeing anyone puke from physical exercise (not counting people being idiots and exercising with a hangover or while sick).

Of course, the fact that you refer to everyone else as "fat losers" says a whole lot about your attitude and assumptions...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post
    I've never puked because of physical exercise. I've never seen anyone at my gym puke because of physical exercise. In fact, I can't remember ever seeing anyone puke from physical exercise (not counting people being idiots and exercising with a hangover or while sick).

Of course, the fact that you refer to everyone else as "fat losers" says a whole lot about your attitude and assumptions...
    I see it every now and then if it's a pretty large person who is pushing too hard while doing cardio. That or someone is squatting a ton of weight, actually saw some dude shit himself one day when he was squatting, felt bad for the guy, but it was pretty funny.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

If you are puking than constantly and your body does not adapt to your training after weeks/months than consult a doctor as soon as possible. You may have problems with your liver. It is NOT normal to puke & train like that even after 2 hours of training. I personally train for more than that and I've never once puked because of training nor have I known any others to do so. Working out 6/7 days with a 2-3hours training session lifting more than 60% my body weight with 10-12 reps / 4 sets per exercise.

Healthy food is a BIG plus as well as vitamins. You should use a recovery drink or protein bar if you want to gain muscle mass.

If you're doing weights you don't need to go 6 days a week. You also shouldn't do cardio if your goal is to gain muscle mass.

My advice for you is pick what you want to do: get into running shape, or get into weight lifting shape. If you want to get into running shape, you can probably keep going 6 days a week, but stop trying to lift heavy and only lift light weights if you lift at all. If you want to get into lifting shape, stop running (period), try 3 non-consecutive days a week at the gym, and start with compound workouts (squat, bench, overhead press, deadlift) with a couple sets of abs every time you go, and chin-ups/pull-ups thrown in for good measure. Figure out how many reps/sets you wanna do for each work out, and every time you reach that reps/set combo, increase the weight for the next time you're at the gym.

Since you're a dude, I recommend lifting weights and doing squats every time you lift. Since you're out of shape, you will gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, and very quickly if you follow a strict, intense program. You also get the added benefit of increasing your testosterone, which you don't get with running. If you wanna know more just let me know and I'll show you a good program.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2012-09-20 at 01:13 AM.

Last month i lost 11 kg and i didnt throw up single time.I workout and swim 3 times a week.