Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Juggernaut Tank PVP gear has Surge on it??? What is this nonsense?

The recruit Jugg tank implants have surge, the battlemaster chest and I think it was the gloves also have surge on them, not sure about War hero but I'm sure they screwed that up too

This is almost as stupid as if Operative gear had Shield rating on it (Sure random greens do) but we're talking about pvp armor sets that are supposed to not be stupid like that....

Surge rating is almost completely worthless to a tank, our crit chance is so low, and the few number of pieces they did throw surge on are so few, that all it would do is maybe increase our dps by 0.5% or something. It's just a jackass move

Oh sure "It's an excuse to make you spend more time playing to min/max your character" but then why don't they screw up others by doing things like +Shield rating to Operative gear and such then?

Additionally, when I was looking over the rest of the battlemaster war leader gear at the vendor, almost all of it has +Accuracy, which is yet another jackass move, if we're supposed to be PvPing in this gear... why would they need to stack the accuracy on so high? It's unnecessary and excessive.

I don't want to bother trying to gear my Juggernaut up if I'm going to have to earn twice the gear to rip the mods and enhancements out of and move it around just to actually be optimal and not in some kind of sick joke equipment. It's like they wanted to nerf Juggs but only in PVP so they purposely just screwed up the gear.....

I have been on the fence about staying on SWTOR or going to WoW for MoP but if this is the kind of crap I have to deal with, I think I just might go back to WoW for MoP then. Besides.... there isn't much else to do besides the same 3 Ops and 4 Wzs anyway... despite being cartoony and lame at least WoW will have legit new content in bulk I suppose.

Come back to the dark side of the force luke, by darkside i mean WOW.

its going to be amazing and i am already loving the pre patch.

On my operative I had to collect 2 sets of gear in order to really max my stats.

They know its an issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was dealt with Soon*tm
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Airsoul

lol

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    On my operative I had to collect 2 sets of gear in order to really max my stats.

They know its an issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was dealt with Soon*tm
    I can't perceive why they would even let this kind of nonsense gear pass into actually being patched in in the 1st place honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Airsoul View Post

Funny. Most the people I've talked to say that the prepatch has dumbed down their class and ruined their ability to have fun in wow.

How odd.

The itemization was/is crap for everyone. I stopped playing a few months back, but I remember buying a lot of overall useless pieces to rip out a mod or enhancement. Expect to do that for a good long time.

Funny. Most the people I've talked to say that the prepatch has dumbed down their class and ruined their ability to have fun in wow.

How odd.
    Actually, I feel this way except that my class is... well... every class.

Death Knight & Mage seem un-ruined, and Monk can't seem ruined if it never previously existed. So I'll be playing Monk/DK/Mage, dealing with the ruined classes later once I get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexra View Post
    The itemization was/is crap for everyone. I stopped playing a few months back, but I remember buying a lot of overall useless pieces to rip out a mod or enhancement. Expect to do that for a good long time.
    Yes but surge on a tank is EXTRA crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Yes but surge on a tank is EXTRA crappy.
    Not as bad as alacrity on an operative pvp healer.

Doesn't effect your HoTs.

Not as bad as alacrity on an operative pvp healer.

Doesn't effect your HoTs.
    I think I would argue with that.... at least it would help speed up your Kolto Injection and whatever

Surge on a tank is dumb, damage is not what we're all about (it does matter in pvp) but you can't give us surge w/ no crit. If our crit chance is abysmal in the 1st place what's the point of increasing our crit damage by a crum?

That's like..... that's like giving someone ketchup packets with no fries or something

PVP tanking gear with offense stats? The best part is you forget that in pvp you need some mix of offensive stats in order for you to kill people, I love fighting tanks who replaced all their offensive stats on their war hero, just means I have to use no cool downs to tear thru them on my dps classes. PVP tank gear needs to have a balance if you want to be effective and not just a turtle, especially if you're pealing people off healers and absorbing some of their damage as the damage you take is not effected by your defensive stats, so being able to do some real damage allows the healer to be more productive for the team rather then just being a soaker. The alacrity on op healing gear tho is funny shit.

You're complaining about Battlemaster gear. There is no Accuracy or Surge on War Hero gear. Just live with it until you can upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSevv View Post
    PVP tanking gear with offense stats? The best part is you forget that in pvp you need some mix of offensive stats in order for you to kill people, I love fighting tanks who replaced all their offensive stats on their war hero, just means I have to use no cool downs to tear thru them on my dps classes. PVP tank gear needs to have a balance if you want to be effective and not just a turtle, especially if you're pealing people off healers and absorbing some of their damage as the damage you take is not effected by your defensive stats, so being able to do some real damage allows the healer to be more productive for the team rather then just being a soaker. The alacrity on op healing gear tho is funny shit.
    I totally agree that offensive stats are needed in PvP gear. If they replace it with defensive stats, the PvP tanks would only be good as ball carriers and only if they have a pocket healer.

As far as alacrity on op healing gear, well, alacrity is actually a fair good stat for their spec, I actually have one alacrity relic on my gear and I have to say it's a huge hps increase.

Now I don't know much about late-game, but I gather agents and smugglers healing in pvp tend to use the instant, stackable HoT as the primary source of healing in most cases?

And how valuable is increased crit damage when you don't crit often?

Quote Originally Posted by NotSevv View Post
    PFFFT! I don't understand the hell you're saying

On my Tank Jugg it's all about

Hutball : Get the ball and walk to the goal line casually while people fail to kill me, or guard the ball carrier

Civil War/Novare Coast/Thing with the doors : A.Sit on East/West alone and call inc, survive long enough for reinforcements. B.Go South (Or in door place whichever door a healers at) and guard a healer so we all live and the enemies don't

The dps are there to do the dps, you act as if WZs are a 1 on 1 duel... and they aren't. Even if it was good fucking luck killing my Juggernaut 1 on 1 unless you severely outgear me. (Pre 50 Nobody ever killed me solo, not once)

Further your point is invalid because you still need crit for surge to be worth a damn, but I don't see crit or surge helping me get that ball across the line or surviving while reinforcements arrive....
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-09-18 at 05:39 PM.

How odd.
    Pretty much this. I used my 7-day free game time to check out the pre-patch. I was dumbfounded what they did with talents. I had...5 to choose from...I went from a 2 button mage to a 1 button mage that still topped the dps meters. The pre-patch was the nail in the coffin for me. The game is so dumbed down and geared for kids it's ridiculous. All the content in the world won't make me come back after the raping of the talent systems and overall gameplay. It's a game for children now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexra View Post
    And it's funny really, the new tank gear is again full of +accuracy on pts. Guess no one has told the interns nothing about itemization. Same thing over and over...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rdj View Post
    Pretty much this. I used my 7-day free game time to check out the pre-patch. I was dumbfounded what they did with talents. I had...5 to choose from...I went from a 2 button mage to a 1 button mage that still topped the dps meters. The pre-patch was the nail in the coffin for me. The game is so dumbed down and geared for kids it's ridiculous. All the content in the world won't make me come back after the raping of the talent systems and overall gameplay. It's a game for children now!
    Actually I prefer the new talent systems. It gives you the ability to adjust your class to your own playstyle. It's not that there are no-brainers anymore, it's just that now you can choose something more fun in your talent tree, instead of a talent with three points that each gave you 1% more critical.

I hope the change it in SWTOR too. It's not that it's bad right now, but I expected something unique from SWTOR. Come on! BW, be original!

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Actually I prefer the new talent systems. It gives you the ability to adjust your class to your own playstyle. It's not that there are no-brainers anymore, it's just that now you can choose something more fun in your talent tree, instead of a talent with three points that each gave you 1% more critical.

I hope the change it in SWTOR too. It's not that it's bad right now, but I expected something unique from SWTOR. Come on! BW, be original!
    Personally I hope BW keeps the talent system the same. I don't care if upgrading a stat 1% is "not fun", it is to me. I like picking a talent every single level. It's like getting new gear upgrades, it's still that feeling of getting better & stronger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Personally I hope BW keeps the talent system the same. I don't care if upgrading a stat 1% is "not fun", it is to me. I like picking a talent every single level. It's like getting new gear upgrades, it's still that feeling of getting better & stronger
    I'm not saying that BW should make talents the same ways as WoW's new system. Just saying that they should probably make something different. For example, why don’t implant the Mass Effect’s power system? Every couple levels, give players a power point and let him put it to one of his abilities. Each of his abilities has 3 stages. Enhanced, Empowered, Devastating. Every time he put a point to an ability, that ability gets an improved effect and finally when he has put all 3, he could choose between two evolved abilities.

Let’s take for example, Jedi Knights Force Stasis. If he puts a point to Force Stasis, the Force Stasis will increase the damage done by 10% and has 33% chance to slow the enemy by 50% of his normal speed for 3sec. A second point would increase the damage done by 20% and has 66% chance to slow the enemy by 50% of his normal speed for 3sec. The third point would increase the damage done by 30% and has 100% chance to slow the enemy by 50% of his normal speed for 3sec. Plus, at the Devastating stage, the player would be able to choose between two forms of Force Stasis.

a) Connection with the Force. Force Stasis becomes an instant ability.
    b) Force Barrier. While you channel Force Stasis you become immune to all effects and attacks.

A final example could be the Mercenary’s Power Shield. Level 1 to 3 could increase the duration and the shielding percentage. Devastating Power Shield could have those two choices.

a) Omni-Shield. Reduces the heat cost of all your abilities by 50% and increase alacrity by 30%
    b) Multi-Shield. When you activate Power Shield all of your healing abilities would place a shield on affected target.

Try to give both final abilities a PvE and PvE usage. Also, each one must be something different and tempting, so good to be needed from the players and would frustrate them to be able only to choose one. That way, no best-builds, no butter cutter would be made and each player would build his spec based on his personal playstyle.

I'm not saying THIS is the way to do it. Just something more dynamic.

well... aside from the branching part and altering an ability into something.... you described the basic model of a talent tree. You just changed "talent" to "power"