Thread: Cascade!

15+ Year Old Account

Cascade!

Am I the only person REALLY looking forward to this spell?

I've rerolled priest for MoP, I'm only leveling quite slowly due to RL stuff, so I'm only 86 at the moment, but can't wait to hit 90 ang get this spell! it looks so beautiful I'll cast it on cooldown regardless of situation xD

In raids it is really sweet, but so far in 5 mans I have been using Divine Spirit. It's is a lot more useful in there.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'll assume u mean divine star? =p

will people be lined up enough for divine star? and in most 5 mans i'm sure PoH and cascade would do fine xD

Cascade looks awesome and will most likely be my spell of choice for any fight that isn't a stack up fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeh in a pure stacking fight divine star could be better, otherwise i think star will struggle to maximise potential (unless the star is actually quite big?)

halo also looks cool, but i think i'll have to try it out before i comment

Yeah sorry, I meant Divine Star. :P

The Area of Effect is actually a lot bigger than the actual animation, range is pretty long too. For any stack up fight Divine Star will beat the other two by far.

15+ Year Old Account
    but cascade is so much prettier . . . lol

10+ Year Old Account
    While Halo looks fucking awesome, I found it very useless. Have been only cascading as shadow since 2 days ago, found it the most useful. Tried Divine Star once on an AoE situation, found it lackluster DPS-wise.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    cascade ftw! =D

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that Divine star has a 30 yard range, but that range starts at 6 yards behind the caster and extends to 24 yards in front of the caster and heals in either a 10 yard or 12 yard wide path. And I find Divine Star better for Dungeon trash and most Dungeon bosses as you are grouped up and it helps with DPS. Cascade for the bosses in larger areas. In raids you will probably use Cascade the most, on some fights in 25-man it be in your top 5 heals.

15+ Year Old Account
    awesome news! i'll end up using it on cool down regardless of if its currently needed or not lol, all i need now is a glyph of cascade that lowers the cool down and it'll be hte only sleep i ever need! *evil laugh*

Quote Originally Posted by Castnicke View Post
    Yeah sorry, I meant Divine Star. :P

The Area of Effect is actually a lot bigger than the actual animation, range is pretty long too. For any stack up fight Divine Star will beat the other two by far.
    And for any non-stack fight Halo and Cascade will be the talent of choice because DS will be garbage. {I'd like to see stack fights cut to a minimum as they are hella boring.} I personally find DS to be way too restrictive on placement, Halo is much more versatile once you get a feel for 25 yards and can maximize what it heals for on your party.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm not using it properly (Cascade) because the healing it does seems really, really small for a CD like this. >.> Any tips?

Deleted
    What I really like about Cascade is that as Holy, each heal will refresh Renew if you're in the Serenity Chakra

Quote Originally Posted by Adelle View Post
    I think I'm not using it properly (Cascade) because the healing it does seems really, really small for a CD like this. >.> Any tips?
    The further it bounces, the more healing it does. The more spread out your group/raid is, the more healing it will do.