Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As the biggest pile of shit i've ever seen, and will never forget the blue post promoting the "deathwing" fight actually made me excited as they made it sound so epic!! ohh how they failed, miserably. Instead of showing some creativity, investment and character they stuck with what they know and proved to me how shambolic the development team can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    i started when icc came out, and killed normal LK with 15% buff I was proud and I kept clearing icc every week on multiple chars, got really boring at the end but when i look back today it was really a good time. i think ill look back to DS and think the same! ;D cuz it sure has been fun with the raids ive had!

Deleted
    It will be remembered as that place I needed a stepladder to melee trash in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    As the biggest pile of shit i've ever seen, and will never forget the blue post promoting the "deathwing" fight actually made me excited as they made it sound so epic!! ohh how they failed, miserably. Instead of showing some creativity, investment and character they stuck with what they know and proved to me how shambolic the development team can be.
    Oh my GOD how they talked up the Deathwing fight...
    It makes me wonder if they even play the game themselves.
    Talking up a fight that much and then it being one of the most boring encounters i've ever done (Patchwerk was funner) and don't get me started on the bugs...
    RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH It makes me so mad.
    /endrant
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    DS was too short of a raid, up for too long and had a disappointing end boss fight. It's the raid that tore many guilds apart, made people quit the game, and caused more questions instead of answers.

Our guild pulled our suspenders up and rebuilt, and have hopes for MoP raiding. Many of the fights look fun, but since most of us have been raiding since late vanilla....we know what Blizzard is capable of and can only wonder if they can regain that magic from then, BC and some of Wraith (Ulduar).
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    I enjoyed DS.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like DS so I won't miss it.

I honestly think that if anyone remembers DS with rose tinted glasses, those glasses should be very promptly ripped off their head, broken into small bits and used to gouge out their eyes as you shout repeatedly the reminder that DS IS BAD!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I liked 2 Encounter in TotGC, Northrend Beasts and Anub'arak.

In DS there is just one decent Encounter in my book.

At least you have to move on some Encounters in MoP more than during Spine and Madness combined, granted that is not hard to beat.
    True, Anub'Arak heroic on 25 man was really hard and fun, though some of the reasons for that I found stupid. I would say DS is far worse than ToGC because DS SHOULD have been a lot more. I mean, you're stopping Deathwing from destroying the world while in ToGC you're crashing a gladiator competition.

I think Dragon Soul will be remembered as one of the worst raids in game, competing with Trial of the Crusader and Ruby Sanctum.

I feel as though Heroic Rag pre-nerf will more so be remembered by raiders. The deathwing encounter as a final boss was kinda blah. But I remember the difficulty of Heroic rag more then anything and seemed like it was the main difficult boss of the Xpac.

But like others said DS was kinda like ICC and the other end expansion raids. Just ran so many times that it got so worn out. First few months when it was new it was exciting and new but after the 20th HM Madness kill it just got stale, especially with the % buff every few weeks. I liked T11 the best. I felt it had the most diversity.

There were a few issues with DS. It didnt had the epic feel the developers promised. It's length was too short. All the bosses were rehashed. Even spine was like reskinned Gunship. Deathwing two encounters were absolutely terrible. It just felt like they didnt had the time & didnt put the effort required to create another raid and something they just quickly came up with.
    I really enjoyed the first 6 bosses in DS on hard mode in terms of mechanics, with Blackhorn being the highlight. I really loved that fight. But spine and madness are pretty much the worst fight I have ever done & the nerfs have destroyed atleast the normal raids. Because the line between lfr and normal raid is so blurred.

A big pile of crap really, only Toc being worse (close call). Reused environments with portals / dragons transporting you straight to the few bosses it had. Lazy and shameless design.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled View Post
    So This will be my guilds last Raid of Dragonsoul and Firelands (150k carry) tonight. Somehow... I am a little sad. Don't get me wrong DEATH TO DS. But... End of a long era so, how will the instance be remembered: with rose tinted glasses, or as a big pile of poo?

I gotta say, I felt the same way about ICC and to a lesser extent BT, at the time, but NOW I look back and go "Man that crap was awesome".

So to bring it together, How will the WoW community look back on DS at the end of MoP and from then on?
    I was the same way with ICC, but when it first came out I actually enjoyed it. DS was never all that fun, the bosses were just too bland. I will not be remember it fondly. (except for the gear, for xmog. I'm a fan of the LFR DK, purple / green accents + heroic gurthalak.)

and yet people still kept paying $15 to blizzards which just sends a message that they can keep giving you more DS's in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I think Dragon Soul will be remembered as one of the worst raids in game, competing with Trial of the Crusader and Ruby Sanctum.
    You forgot about Hyjal brrrr who can forget this boring trash with even boring music :/

Will remembered as one of those raids where the last boss isn't the hardest fight in the instance on progression. Spine, Council(BoT, never did it, just read stories), others, not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be rose-tinted goggles. No matter what anyone says in here, most of the feedback we'll get about DS in a year or 2 will be with rose-tinted goggles.

It is a time of joy, to be finishing Dragon Soul tonight.

While far from the worst raid they've ever made, it certainly did suck. I'm excited about Mists of Pandaria like a small child at christmas. Everything about it fits my loves and passions (Pokémon, Martial Arts, Eastern Culture & Music, Monk Class & Pandaren Race) so I really am going to enjoy the upcoming few years!

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There will be rose-tinted goggles. No matter what anyone says in here, most of the feedback we'll get about DS in a year or 2 will be with rose-tinted goggles.
    Indeed. I think it is worth bookmarking this page, and coming back at the end of Mists of Pandaria when we get the whole:

"Cataclysm was amazing, Mists of Pandaria is a load of shit. Dragon Soul was actually pretty good!"
    "Wrath of the Lich King was amazing, Cataclysm is a load of shit. Icecrown Citadel was actually pretty good!"

It is funny to look at people now defending Wrath of the Lich King as a "High Point" in World of Warcraft, when most of the people playing it were doing so by bashing their heads into their keyboards and wishing it was over!

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowCrafter View Post
    and yet people still kept paying $15 to blizzards which just sends a message that they can keep giving you more DS's in future.
    And yet they lost near 3 Million subscribers? I don't attribute the entirety of those loses to Cataclysm, but they certainly were a part of it! Blizzard knows that Cataclysm was a massive failure compared to what was on offer at the announcement at BlizzCon.

10+ Year Old Account
    DS was far from the best raid tier, but I'm much more excited to be done with FL. I liked FL better than DS, but having spent more than a year now doing that place every week for legendaries and then mount sales, I can't wait to wipe my hands clean and never ever return again.