Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WTH does she mean?

This thread no longer as purpose: She was cheating on me.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2012-09-19 at 06:09 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    guessing she thinks you are acting like you two have so many problems in your relationship that it's not worth working on... Try answering with a yes and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    guessing she thinks you are acting like you two have so many problems in your relationship that it's not worth working on... Try answering with a yes and see what happens.
    I'm trying to work on it by talking to her about what's going, and hell no I'm not gonna do that. lol
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

She's seeing another person but doesn't want to go through the shitstorm that you'd create, I assume.

Depending on what the issues in your relationship are, determines the possibilities of her responses.

Gonna have to elaborate on your issues for a good answer on why she's acting that way.
    Moo.

She means one of the following:

A) You brought up a valid point I can't argue against so I'll just avoid it
    B) I don't want to talk about it
    C) Stop nagging me already
    Z) Maybe you'd be happier with someone else.

That maybe you'd be happier with someone else.

That's what I gathered from it, anyways.

there`s either nothing to worry about and you`re making her angry by bringing things up that aren`t problems, or there are problems and she would rather avoid them because it`s too difficult to talk about them. of course that`s just my guess, seeing as the problems you are having haven`t been stated.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that is the only reply you get from her it may be best to play it out. Ask her if she wants you to split up and then see what she says.
    Either she is avoiding the problems by making that ultimatum or too childish to even bother talking rationally about shit. Only way you will find out is to man up and ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Its hard even to completely understand the complexities of your own relationship so to infer on what she means over the internet with such little information is probably not the best place to gather advice. Maybe, ask her what she means by it, I know in my own relationship, my girlfriend used to say that alot during arguments. Obviously she isn't the same person as your girlfriend (that would be awkward lol) but it first had a lot to do with her own self esteem thinking that she doesn't deserve to be in a happy relationship.

It really could be any number of reasons, but if you want to work on it, I'd start with asking her why she keeps saying that.
    Desktop - AMD FX-8120 @ 3.8ghz - 8GB DDR3 OCZ - Sapphire 7870
    Laptop - M11X. Revision1 - 1.7ghz ULV Dual Core - 4GB DDR2 - GT335M

She is probably seeing somebody else and doesn't want to be the bad person and break up with you.
    So she tells you that to hopefully make you stop caring and break up with her so shes not the bad person in the relationship.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    She's seeing another person but doesn't want to go through the shitstorm that you'd create, I assume.
    This ^

I know you dont wanna hear it, but this is spot on. She is trying to make the relationship bad so you will move on and she wont have to go through the drama of breaking it off.

Here is what it means:
    She's not going to fix the problem. Either you deal with it, or you break up with her. That is ACTUALLY what it means.

It is possible that she does not see there are problems like you do. I would NOT infer that she is seeing someone else and is looking to break up with you gently.

Do you ask her if she's interested in talking before you start in? Be sure to tell her you want to talk about things, and you want to seek ways WITH HER to improve the relationship. Are you actually talking to her, or just complaining? Are you complaining ABOUT HER?

Have you asked her if she feels there is something lacking?

Deleted
    What are exactly the problems in your relationship?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Likely she means that you're implying that most of the problems in your relationship are problems on her end and that maybe you'd be happier with someone else.

While it could mean that she's seeing or interested in someone else as two previous posted have expressed, it's not likely unless you have some reason to suspect that. That's some seriously lowwwwwwwwww and shady stuff though.

It can mean precisely anything. Can't say without knowing a bit more. In my experience, anytime I've had that line paraphrased in my face, it's either an ultimatum for you to sort out the issues best way you can, or it's based on insecurity where she don't know how to keep you from leaving. I've yet to face a situation outside those, but they are plentiful.

The last thing you should do is take what she says literally. If I may be a bit sexist, a womans meaning is shielded by her words. Listen to what she means, not her words. Try to understand where she comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Every time I try to talk to my girl about the issues with our relationship. She always responds at some point(usually within 5 mins) with "maybe you'd be happier with someone else", and ends the conversation. What the hell does she mean by that?
    In my past experience, when another woman has said that to me it meant "Quitcher Bitchen" or "Leave me alone right now".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.
    lol meet my new sig
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post