Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    If you had kept up with the lore, you would know that the Blood Elves gained their name when the Alliance betrayed them.
    A couple of Elves were "betrayed" by one racist guy, basically he hurt their pride so they teamed up with the Naga, which is a bit of a mad move in any factions books.
    Because of this one guy they changed their entire alegiance to the opposing side, including Orcs that have been killing them for years and trolls which they've been at war with for centuries.

I can understand Game-Wise why they swapped sides, becuase Horde REALLY needed a boost in faction numbers at the time that a "pretty" race would bring them (and it worked, so GJ Bliz), I can even see lorewise why they would leave the alliance.. BUT the lore reasoning to actually team with the horde was incredibly shallow at best.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Couldn't they just put a Mailbox in the Pandaren starting zone, but make it so that Pandaren cannot send/receive mail from any character not on the same account until they've joined a faction?

Maybe restrict gold too if they're that worried about cross-faction economies, though there's already ways to get around that (faction change, neutral AH).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    A couple of Elves were "betrayed" by one racist guy, basically he hurt their pride so they teamed up with the Naga, which is a bit of a mad move in any factions books.
    Because of this one guy they changed their entire alegiance to the opposing side, including Orcs that have been killing them for years and trolls which they've been at war with for centuries.

I can understand Game-Wise why they swapped sides, becuase Horde REALLY needed a boost in faction numbers at the time that a "pretty" race would bring them (and it worked, so GJ Bliz), I can even see lorewise why they would leave the alliance.. BUT the lore reasoning to actually team with the horde was incredibly shallow at best.
    Also, he didn't hurt their pride. They were literally sent on a suicide mission, they couldn't survive without the nagas help.

The forsaken helped them taking back Quel'Thalas, The Night Elves were infiltrating their lands and let's not forget that whole Garithos debacle. Seems reasonable to join the Horde in that position.
    Last edited by mmoc1f722ef552; 2012-09-19 at 01:19 AM.

Transmog has become a very important part of my gaming fun. Will we be able to farm Dragon Soul LFR recolor gear at level 90, since the LFR tool won't work for it at that level ? This goes for future expansions and MoP content, of course.

We aren't going to support Raid Finder for content that is much lower level than your character, but we are going to allow you to enter old raids solo without being in a raid in a future patch (ideally the next major one, but standard no promises). That should facilitiate a lot of transmog farming.
    Hell... it's about time.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are apparently working on some warlock stuff when it comes to class quests, hell yeah give me green fire !

One thing that caught my eye, and struck me as a bit weird.
    We have a number of gear acquisition routes that do not involve raiding. We've broadened the avenues for acquiring Valor Points, which can now be earned by doing dungeons, daily quests, scenarios, and so forth. That gear will be at least item level 489 (compared to 476 from LFR). There's also crafted gear. And of course future content updates will continue to provide upgrades outside of raiding. All of that said, I'd encourage you to check out the new raids as well -- the addition of the LFR system makes them more accessible than ever.
    Sounds like LFR will only be done for some quick points and transmog gear if that's the case. And ofc for people to get their budget legendaries.
    Not that I am complaining, getting decent gear just from doing dailies is fine with me. It just strikes me as odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG Wall Of Text~~~!!!!!

Please send out update when you've done your categorizing of this, my eyes hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Butterbuns View Post
    But there's no limit to the number of future patches. they could push out 5.1 and 5.2 fast, then have 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 and so on, before another expansion.
    There was at least 7 months between Tier 11 and Tier 12, then 5 months between 12 and 13.. and then 10 months between 13 and 14.

Patch 4.1 was not a tier, it was rehashed ZA/ZG 5 mans..

I think the "reasonable" number is 6 months... 5 is probably the perfect number. They did 4 once, and they got us out of Ulduar to get into TOC, I really think it was way too soon back then, we still had plenty of hard modes to do.

But anything higher than 6 is looking for trouble.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2012-09-19 at 05:24 AM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

I like how real account wide heirlooms have been on their list since what....3/4 years now?

No one questions why this is coming from Best Buy? This is a marketing ploy to get people to their stores to buy the expansion pack from them.

Just one more perspective to consider.

-Kara

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    There was at least 7 months between Tier 11 and Tier 12, then 5 months between 12 and 13.. and then 10 months between 13 and 14.

Patch 4.1 was not a tier, it was rehashed ZA/ZG 5 mans..

I think the "reasonable" number is 6 months... 5 is probably the perfect number. They did 4 once, and they got us out of Ulduar to get into TOC, I really think it was way too soon back then, we still had plenty of hard modes to do.

But anything higher than 6 is looking for trouble.
    I have always found it funny how the fastest content patch got us out of the best raid that had plenty of replay value left, and into one of the worst. If anything could have helped minimize the huge wait for cata as ICC dragged on, it was extending the ulduar tier.

I have a great feeling about mists, I think the timesink of the cata revamp is mostly done with and the fall in subscribers has given blizzard a sufficient kick up the backside to take content seriously again.

So there's an attunement in the first Tier of raiding. Also challenge modes being talked up as hard. Maybe the BC days haven't passed them by...

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    Awesome. So we can't delete a Pandaren that we don't like until we do ALL the quests on Wandering Isle. Brilliant game design. Not to mention you can't receive heirloom items until off the island.

edit: those who have account bound pets automatically sent to a newly created character*
    Except not anymore. Pets are automatically learned, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    No guild leveling this expansion? Repairs are now shut off, your services will no longer be needed to get to 30. We will now kick for anyone not logging in at least 1 time per week.

What empirical data are they using? Lots of guilds... there are thousands that are just social guilds entirely meant for banks and a few friends.
    I Agree here on my small dead servers the only guild who are not lvl 25 are bank alts or really newly created guilds. I was looking forward to getting 5 or 10 more lvl's in guild leveling
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

On the World of Warcraft website, it lists tradeskill patterns, plans, etc. that the player is missing. Some of those items are no longer in game. Are there any plans to reincorporate those missing plans back into the game so the players have an opportunity to try to get all of their missing tradeskill plans?

I'd hate to add back plans with no real game purpose just for sake of completeness. To be honest, I'd rather get rid of more of the older recipes that don't have a strong purpose.

Arg.
    Bad developer, no cookie!

Leave us collectors and our overpriced stupidly rare useless recipes alone.

Deleted
    So it wont show when druids are in shapeshift forms, which is always so basically we get to see the effects when we are in orgi/stormwind/wherever doing fuck all expect casting a heal on ourselves (expect resto, lucky them)

Do blizzard think anything though anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    So it wont show when druids are in shapeshift forms, which is always so basically we get to see the effects when we are in orgi/stormwind/wherever doing fuck all expect casting a heal on ourselves (expect resto, lucky them)

Do blizzard think anything though anymore?
    There is a glyph to stay in "caster form" if you're a Boomkin.

Do(es) YOU think anything "through" anymore? Hyuk hyuk.

Deleted
    Need a TL;DR version seriously.

Deleted
    question:

will pandarens ever be able to become deathknights?

Deleted
    Will the gear in Theramore's Fall 85 version be available in the 90 version?
    The gear and the rewards for the 85 version are only available now. The 90 version has standard scenario rewards (Valor and a chance at a dungeon blue)
    Ehh, no gear even drops in Theramore's Fall

There is gear. Chance on getting it from the lootbag. It isn't just dropped. They didn't even say that.