Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Wowcrendor Interviews Ghostcrawler!

Hey everyone

Wowcrendor just released a video with him interviewing Ghostcrawler!

What are your thoughts on some of the subjects they touched on? Il post back once ive watched the full thing!

Enjoy

Marine Biologist... Explains everything amiright

Deleted
    Well he pretty much explains things as the people with a reasonable mind/opinion have been saying and trying to get across on these forums, and no I'm not talking about myself, I'm not that narcissistic either

I'm only about 4 minutes in and this is pretty hard to listen to. You can really just tell that they weren't all too happy with how Cataclysm ended up.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how greg basically hates Cataclysm.

I was shocked it wasn't a joke. I thought'd it'd be a WoWCrendor comedy video as usual. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    I think he's just acknowledging the mistakes. Better than being in denial. @_@

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    I'm only about 4 minutes in and this is pretty hard to listen to. You can really just tell that they weren't all too happy with how Cataclysm ended up.
    They have been saying that since Cataclysm ended. They invested too much time on revamping the old World, and too less on end game stuff.
    I'd rather have them saying "Yeah, we kinda fucked up" instead of "everything was great". They learned from their mistakes and hopefully they can make a better game because of them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Blizz again avoids the question of "why didn't you make an event?"

2. Wish he'd ask about, since Blizz is all about customization, why we still haven't seen major glyphs dropped in favor of more minor glyphs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

2. Wish he'd ask about, since Blizz is all about customization, why we still haven't seen major glyphs dropped in favor of more minor glyphs.
    They already answered that question. Why would they put weeks of developer time into a 2 week event as apposed to putting that time into developing the new expansion's raids?

It is stupid that people are crying about no event. I am way more worried about raid content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler still doesn't "get it".

Yes, some folks enjoy a solo experience in a MMO (even WoW's own data showed 20% plays solo...more than those downing heroic raids), but those who are playing on low population servers sometimes even transfer to them for it's tighter community. Take for example Shandris, our trade chat has actual conversations (well, what it can be in WoW). That's not the case on a high population server that chat scrolls so fast you need an addon to keep track of what just flew by. You get to know the people on your server more via public chat, also.

The other thing he doesn't realize (maybe this is another "more HP = less healing!!!" lesson) is the sense of community it offers. Was in Deepholme getting my skinner maxed and there was a Shandris Hordie there, and we were there. We kind of divided the area and farmed it. Then comes someone from another realm who proceeds to kill everything without regard. I told my sis that Shandris comes first, and we just went all around him and pulled stacks of drakes, killing 30+ at a time. I never would believe I'd let a Hordie get anything, but home server mats come first.

Realms all have their identity, CRZ takes that away and makes even that generic. It's tad late in WoW culture to have the EvE experience.

Trying new things is one thing, but really Blizzard needs to think things through. We saw enough mistakes made in Cata, things promoted as the next best thing since sliced bread that royally failed.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Except he wasn't asked that question, and if even if he had been, it's been answered already. Why are you so upset about there being no world event?

His answer to the multirealm zome/merging server question leads me to believe that the multirealm zones are not intended to be an answer to the issues that cause people to call for realm merging.

Makes me hope that its still on the cards down the line.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

some folks enjoy a solo experience in a MMO
    You know the second M in that acronym stands for "multiplayer", right? If you want a solo game, or a game where you are just with a few friends, you're in the wrong game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Except he wasn't asked that question, and if even if he had been, it's been answered already. Why are you so upset about there being no world event?
    Maybe because it starts an expansion on the wrong foot? Because in Cata players complained of lack of content...and guess what happened on the start of MoP? Even Cata had something, too.

It's about perceptions of what MoP will become.

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    You know the second M in that acronym stands for "multiplayer", right? If you want a solo game, or a game where you are just with a few friends, you're in the wrong game.
    And 20% of WoW's player base solos. So you're telling Blizzard to just throw away 20% of their revenue away for your definition of a themepark MMO?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    They have been saying that since Cataclysm ended. They invested too much time on revamping the old World, and too less on end game stuff.
    I'd rather have them saying "Yeah, we kinda fucked up" instead of "everything was great". They learned from their mistakes and hopefully they can make a better game because of them.
    They do this at the end of each expansion really, it's great PR and gets people happily expecting the new next expansion where "everything will be OK".
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    A world event would have been nice of course, but I'll take 2 years of better content over 1 week of some event that gives you a FoS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    I got that vibe too. I thought it was kinda funny. Cataclysm wasn't their best work, I'll say it though.

Maybe because it starts an expansion on the wrong foot? Because in Cata players complained of lack of content...and guess what happened on the start of MoP? Even Cata had something, too.

It's about perceptions of what MoP will become.
    People really disliked the elemental invasion thing though. It got extremely old after a few days and people were asking for them to finish it early.

You can't really blame them for not wanting to repeat that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    I got that vibe too. I thought it was kinda funny. Cataclysm wasn't their best work, I'll say it though.
    They act sort of dismissive of Catacylsm, and joke about how excited even they are for a new expansion to get us out of Cata, but that's mostly just PR/marketing. In reality, Blizzard is likely just very confused, and honestly baffled as to why Cata wasn't well recieved. Cata was basically exactly what the casuals were asking for, during Wrath, but as soon as they came out with it, a bunch of them left, meanwhile the casualization of the game led to a lot of good players leaving as well. The whole thing was a clusterfuck of Blizzard doing exactly what they were told, then getting shit on for it
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO