Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Now I Have to take you with a grain of salt. Rather than admit the system has problems (which it does wether or not you choose to accept that) you would rather divide the community in half. Look it I seem to recall somewhere the developers talking about giving me choice and variety.. yea i guess not so much?

Again list a game you hate and I'll find people who love it. You simply thinking everything is peachy doesn't make it so. It has problems wether or not you choose to accept it and the threads I linked if you bothered to read illustrate what many of them are.
    I wouldn't say there are problems with the game, especially given your logic of "because I say so". It's just as the old saying goes: you can't please all the people all the time. We've seen the same thing happen in WoW.

I'll just reiterate for anyone reading this: If you're unhappy with the drop rate of legendaries and/or don't find enough good rares, the best thing you can do is increase your killing speed. Read your class forum at diablofans, watch streaming videos of geared & skilled players playing your class, search youtube for AH guides, etc.

It's not as bad as it sounds, an hour or so of learning and less gold than you think can help you reap great rewards in gameplay. More importantly, it would help you to enjoy the game more. I'd hate to play a game I didn't like and disparage it on forums all the time, it sounds like an unfortunate way to spend one's time.

Have a good day/night (depending where you are in the world), from this point onward we'll have to agree to disagree as I no longer wish to go back and forth. May all your drops be legendary =)
    Last edited by Trotheus; 2012-09-21 at 01:47 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    With 375% MF I get a Legendary on average every 2 hours of playing. I only have that much on elite packs though, on normal mobs with full NV I have a little bit above 300%. If you have the MF you will see some consistency with drops.

You don't even need to find good items to make gold playing the game. Unfortunately you have to spot good items but that comes with a little practice. On any given run (which is roughly an hour for me) I usually get 3-4 items that might sell for a tens of thousands of gold (maybe more), then 1-2 items that are half a million or more. Combine the half a million I make from gold drops alone and I on average can make a decent amount of gold. Then every once second to third run I get a legendary or two, and depending on the stats I can get anywhere from a couple hundred thousand, to a couple hundred million.

The really GOOD rares are much more rare, but they do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    I simply don't understand why they did it.
    And neither does blizzard. Players say they hate the basic stat system in this game along with the way magic find works and what does blizzard do? They add a huge grind that give you 3+% MF each level? So bad.
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

10+ Year Old Account
    People still play D3? really? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Urska View Post
    People still play D3? really? lol
    And jelly haters still post about it despite claims that they quit and don't care about it anymore

I think RNG gets unfairly blamed. My guess is the two main reasons people "never find anything good" are 1) They kill slowly (whether due to bad build or gear), break barrels, explore maps, etc. instead of killing stuff efficiently, and/or 2) They do not recognize good rares when they see them.

When I started doing a little research, altering my build, playstyle and gear priorities, I started killing a lot faster, and the faster you kill stuff the faster you'll find stuff. Once I started really plowing through monsters the legendaries started coming. My only issue is that Blizzard's unnecessary and poorly thought out change discourages playing alts.
    The problem with D3 and RNG is that up to inferno the demand for a certain level of gear just isn't there, so the RNG loot hunt is very mundane and most of the time you can just experiment with what feels better and not really worry about MF or stacking a required stat.

But once you get to Inferno, especially past the first half of act 1, you literally have to meet a certain minimum in MF, armor/res, and damage in order to progress. This thrusts RNG from a 'fun' and low impact mechanic to a brick wall in terms of game play. When you look at your gear and realize you need to upgrade it all to an almost obscene level in order to keep progressing, you are faced with two choices: grinding out gold to buy gear from the AH, or grinding out gear until you get lucky.

Neither one is a compelling game play choice especially when you know what's going to happen throughout the rest of Inferno because you've played through it 3 times already. By the time you get to Inferno you've 'beaten' the game 3 times and there is nothing left to do except beat it on the hardest difficulty. Which requires a much higher quality of gear than what's available from act 1 (without insane MF). So the game goes from a fun progression through a pretty good story, with increasing difficulty; to a game where you are literally banging your head on a wall until gold bricks start falling on your head.

So while I agree with you that the game is boring, I would venture to say that it became boring once you got to Inferno, and nothing has changed since release. Sure, they've added Paragon and nerfed the difficulty incline slightly, but there is still an insane requirement to progress through inferno, at which point only the most mindless grind or deepest pocket book can overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    The problem with D3 and RNG is that up to inferno the demand for a certain level of gear just isn't there, so the RNG loot hunt is very mundane and most of the time you can just experiment with what feels better and not really worry about MF or stacking a required stat.

But once you get to Inferno, especially past the first half of act 1, you literally have to meet a certain minimum in MF, armor/res, and damage in order to progress. This thrusts RNG from a 'fun' and low impact mechanic to a brick wall in terms of game play. When you look at your gear and realize you need to upgrade it all to an almost obscene level in order to keep progressing, you are faced with two choices: grinding out gold to buy gear from the AH, or grinding out gear until you get lucky.

Neither one is a compelling game play choice especially when you know what's going to happen throughout the rest of Inferno because you've played through it 3 times already. By the time you get to Inferno you've 'beaten' the game 3 times and there is nothing left to do except beat it on the hardest difficulty. Which requires a much higher quality of gear than what's available from act 1 (without insane MF). So the game goes from a fun progression through a pretty good story, with increasing difficulty; to a game where you are literally banging your head on a wall until gold bricks start falling on your head.

So while I agree with you that the game is boring, I would venture to say that it became boring once you got to Inferno, and nothing has changed since release. Sure, they've added Paragon and nerfed the difficulty incline slightly, but there is still an insane requirement to progress through inferno, at which point only the most mindless grind or deepest pocket book can overcome.
    Might want to note they're also nerfing act 1/2 gear in 1.0.5
    Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    got bored after like 3 weeks and quit. if only the systems they are introducing atm would have been there from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    I still enjoy the game and love the paragon system. I never was into MF gear, so this is working great for me. However, like you said - I feel like I *NEED* to play my main over my alts. I want to get better gear (to sell), so running around on my lvl 1/2 alts isn't all too intriguing.

Perhaps if they allowed Paragon leveling to span across all your 60s.
    This is somethng we all know is going to happen in Future Pacth's so am not worryed. At the same time. I dont understand why you wouldnt want to play alts over your main. My main is my barb, 37 PL I dont stack magic find at all on him. My wicth Doctor is only PL 6 but hes caped in Magic find so. I can play both.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

10+ Year Old Account
    and fix itemization? Are you nuts? It's the single biggest complaint on every forum. Seriously. Go read the official forums, their are threads dedicated to this single topic with pages and pages of back and forth and they all address the problem far better.
    I don't think itemization is that easy. The whole problem is due to a flawed primary stat system where STR/INT/DEX are all mutually exclusive. They need to figure a way to make those stats more important or radically changing them but I'm afraid that will require an expansion. The strength of D2 itemization was that most items were usable by all classes - the weakness of D3 is that most classes think "well that's shit" when an item drops.

As to Paragon. I quite enjoy it. Gives me a reason to play. On the other hand I do agree it punishes playing other characters. Some sort of middle ground should be found.

It's probably a bit late in this thread to bring this up now, but for the guy saying people have zero issue with evaluating the quality of rares, why is there a thirty page thread on it on the first page of this forum? Moreover, if you read the thread a lot of the questions show that many people really & truly have no -clue-, like the guy asking about a 300 dps ceremonial knife.

I'll be the first to admit that I've very likely vendored gear that would have sold. Nobody's perfect, including me. I just hedge my bets by trying to understand how other classes work and what they look for, and by doublechecking anything I'm not certain of. Every time I get 10-15 items in my stash which I'm not sure are worth selling I'll go over them and look for similar items in the AH. I'd say about 20% of them end up being worth selling according to my personal notion of what's worth selling, which is ~500k+.
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I don't think itemization is that easy. The whole problem is due to a flawed primary stat system where STR/INT/DEX are all mutually exclusive. They need to figure a way to make those stats more important or radically changing them but I'm afraid that will require an expansion. The strength of D2 itemization was that most items were usable by all classes - the weakness of D3 is that most classes think "well that's shit" when an item drops.

As to Paragon. I quite enjoy it. Gives me a reason to play. On the other hand I do agree it punishes playing other characters. Some sort of middle ground should be found.

Yea their less that useful across classes. It's stapling the world of warcraft gear model atop diablo. That's not the only problem I have with itemization. I miss have cross class ability stuff. I miss having gear drop that I could build my entire toon around one item. Ultimately it boils down to more or less what you said. So much shit is junk in this game and you get there for an number of reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea their less that useful across classes. It's stapling the world of warcraft gear model atop diablo. That's not the only problem I have with itemization. I miss have cross class ability stuff. I miss having gear drop that I could build my entire toon around one item. Ultimately it boils down to more or less what you said. So much shit is junk in this game and you get there for an number of reasons.
    Don't really agree with cross class skills, it made a mess out of D2 in the end though it did provide a large amount of gear and build diversity (which I agree is a good thing in theory). Maybe a middle way can be found. What we definitely need is gear aimed at certain builds like in D2 - skill bonuses make gear more interesting. The whole warcraft stat system needs a makeover; it doesn't work in an ARPG. It just creates too much trash loot. D2 system was much better but still could be improved upon. Make the primary stats useful to all classes and loot will right away become more interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    We all get occasional runs of bad RNG, but over the course of time it evens out. It's absurd to think that over one, two, three hundred or more hours played some people would never get anything while others would get a lot. It doesn't work out that way with such a large sample size.
    A buddy of mine has about 600 hours played, clsoing in to 10k elite packs killed, never found one single item that sold over 1 million gold.
    I have about 300 hours played, Don't know about the number of elite packs, should be around 3-4k (I'm not the fastest player in the world), found one item that sold after four attempts for 2.5 mio gold, one for 1.5 mio, one for 500k, and other then that, nothing > 250k, if it has 6 digits at all, if it is worth selling at all.

A buddy of said buddy, no MF on gear, paragon level 25 or so, goes into act 3 KD level 1, kills the first white skeleton. finds legendary chest. gets another legendary belt from second group. after he is done with his farmrun, he puts them on the AH for 100 mio and 75 mio respectively, both get sold in under 1 minute, and the about 25 other ilvl 63 he found sell during the day for 2-5 mio on average.

I have yet to find my first legendary after I hit 60, and that dude has found like 50 legendarys pre 1.04 and about 20 post 1.04.

I know, RNG is a bitch, but frankly, If you want to have a reason why I don't play D3 anymore, here you got it. It's called "lack of reward". I don't wanna swim in legendarys or good 63ies which sell for 10 mio each, but let's say I play 2-3h / day, it would be nice to have one or two items that sell with 7 digits on the AH per week. and I'd be satisfied, If I find 1 lengendary that sells for like 10-20 million every couple of weeks. that is not too much, that'd be an income of maybe 25 mio per month. considering some people define 13 mio gold as amount for creating a "budget <class>", that is not too much to "ask" for.

but, for me, this is missing. I'm farming the shit out of act 2. not getting any proper drops. trying to farm act3, I get my ass raped. like 8 attempts until I kill something if the affixes are like molton mortar fire chains desecrator soul ripper mobs. so it is not efficient for farming. going back to act 2, bad loots again. if it is not kind of rewarding, it is not motivating. the RNG is too big in this game.

a good thing would be: class specific items are guaranteed not to roll garbage stats for said class. e.g. a barb weapon cannot roll int or dex. a crossbow cannot roll str or int. a WD offhand cannot roll str or dex. class specific stats cannot roll with stats not useful for that class the same time (e.g. an increase in a barb skill dmg cannot roll together with dex or int).
    in exchange, they could make the roll ranges a bit more wide, e.g. now you could roll a barb weapon with 300-400 str, 300-400 dex or 300-400 int. if it rolls dex or int, it is crap and more or less instantly is vendored or split up into mats. they should change this so it can only roll str, but maybe 100-400 instead of 300-400. that way the thrill is not if that item is useful at all, but how useful it is. if that item only rolls 100 str, it still may be quite crap, but at least it would be str.
    the same with crossbows... I'm thrilled because I found a lvl63 crossbow, and it rolls with 500 dps and 250 str.

there is too much disappointment in that game....
    Last edited by xebtria; 2012-09-26 at 01:07 PM.

Don't really agree with cross class skills, it made a mess out of D2 in the end though it did provide a large amount of gear and build diversity (which I agree is a good thing in theory). Maybe a middle way can be found. What we definitely need is gear aimed at certain builds like in D2 - skill bonuses make gear more interesting. The whole warcraft stat system needs a makeover; it doesn't work in an ARPG. It just creates too much trash loot. D2 system was much better but still could be improved upon. Make the primary stats useful to all classes and loot will right away become more interesting.

How did it make a mess? My barb could turn into a werewolf ffs it was amazing..

10+ Year Old Account
    How did it make a mess? My barb could turn into a werewolf ffs it was amazing..
    I personally don't think that's a good idea. If you want to be a Werewolf you should be Druid - it blurred the boundaries between classes, and as a result they were less unique. That's my personal opinion, and I entirely understand you disagree with that. On the plus side as you said it created a large amount of customization through gear - customization that D3 is lacking.

And jelly haters still post about it despite claims that they quit and don't care about it anymore
    I don't think there is a single fuck on this earth that is jealous of anyone playing D3. That's like being jealous of someone who has to write the same sentence on a board 10,000 times a day everyday. jelly brah, so jelly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I don't think there is a single fuck on this earth that is jealous of anyone playing D3. That's like being jealous of someone who has to write the same sentence on a board 10,000 times a day everyday. jelly brah, so jelly.
    Why bother posting in a D3 sub forum if you have nothing useful to say really? There's still plenty of people who play, and enjoy D3. Just because you can't, doesn't right away mean others can't enjoy it.

I personally don't think that's a good idea. If you want to be a Werewolf you should be Druid - it blurred the boundaries between classes, and as a result they were less unique. That's my personal opinion, and I entirely understand you disagree with that. On the plus side as you said it created a large amount of customization through gear - customization that D3 is lacking.
    I'd rather have the uniqueness come from how I choose to build the guy, not what I pick at the start screen. In principle this is what their ability system was after, its failed miserably so far at that and D2 was succesful at it because Gear allowed you do exactly that. PoE is an extension of that desire to like the highest degree. Anybody can have any ability literally. I understand where you are coming from to and I personally think PoE takes it a bit to far. In d2 it was based around just having one piece of gear give you that one ability. In PoE you literally take any abliltes you want and gem them into your gear which is a bit to much. As you said earlier some kind of middle ground is needed. Frankly I still think D2 is that middle ground but ehhh jay wilson disagrees.

Deleted
    A lot of people don't understand the kind of game Diablo is supposed to be, i.e they didn't play D2. They bought the game, followed the hype and had no clue.

Yeah.