Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yeah and with Xelnath just starting the "Choose your own adventure" topic, my guess is that they are still very much in the planning developement stages of this whole thing. Soon™ indeed
    Hmm... Who is Xelnath? I'm assuming is one of blues, that beeing the case. Can i get link to mentioned thread of "Choose your own adventure" ?
    Tried looking myself but without result.

Edit: Was focused on searching official forums, and missed something way closer. Is user [Xelnath] autor of thread [Choose Your Own Adventure: Warlock] a Blue ?
    Last edited by Zerel; 2012-09-20 at 02:28 PM.
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerel View Post
    Hmm... Who is Xelnath? I'm assuming is one of blues, that beeing the case. Can i get link to mentioned thread of "Choose your own adventure" ?

Edit: Was focused on searching official forums, and missed something way closer. Is user [Xelnath] autor of thread [Choose Your Own Adventure: Warlock] a Blue ?
    One of the Developers, yes, mostly busy with Warlocks from what we know, though it has been said on numerous occasions that it's a development team that is all round responsible. He's been around on MMO-C warlock forums for a while now and has given us head's up information about changes, and on one occasion started an informing thread giving some insight in how to post productively with suggestions and ideas to make them actually be usefull to him and other devs.

And he is indeed the starter of the thread you linked, and the information you give in that thread, may, or may not be taken in to consideration when they further develope the Warlock things they were "cooking up"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    Green flames has to be strongly tied to the lore if it's implemented. As stated before green flames are usually fel magic and that's more of a Burning Legion thing. As a complete Alliance fanboy I'd really not want to have anything to do with the Burning Legion unless it involves killing them.
    Then again if it's a end-game kinda thing where you make your spells more powerful by adapting a little bit of fel magic, then yeah I'm in for that. Warlocks are after all former mages who dumped the arcane arts for shadow magic in order to gain more power.

Really looking forward to how they're going to play this one out.
    Not every warlock was a mage, Some were shamans (like Nerzhul and Gul'dan) for example. Also I am pretty sure the burning legion doesn't have a monopoly on fel magic, they are merely one organized faction of demons, but any demonic magic is fel.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zerel View Post

Xelnath is a Dev directly involved in warlock class development who reads this fourm and occasionally posts replys to our threads (or post threads of his own).

Here are two of his threads (one with the choose your own adventure poll, and one asking us what lore we want answered)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...enture-Warlock
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-answered-most
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-20 at 06:29 PM.

OMG!

I just realised something awesome.

If there is a purple fire option, then my aff-lock will have purple Rain of Fire.

I always knew Prince was a warlock; it explains so much.
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Quote Originally Posted by ddk View Post
    purple Rain of Fire.

Pure win
    characters
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

OMG!

Wait.. I didn't get this one. Who is the Prince you're talking about and why? Can you elaborate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Wait.. I didn't get this one. Who is the Prince you're talking about and why? Can you elaborate?
    lol Oh come on now. There is only 1 Prince.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Yes, I noticed this. I'm not sure what to think of this, feels kind of like a gut punch to warlocks...
    Fel magic has been used by NPCs since the beginning of WoW. It is nothing new, and won't be the last time. If something you want but can't have is a gut punch then yes it is one but not every is that fragile.

http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=fel#...ties:50+1+16+3

Just because its green fire doesn't mean warlocks should have it, need it, or own it. The playable warlock class has never really practiced true Fel Magic and has always been more Demonic Magic with a little bit of Fel.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The reason I say it feels like a gut punch is because after all the talk about them giving us green fire or whatever they implement yet another type of enemy that could have just as easily been casting fireball or incinerate, but is casting a fel incinerate.

I'm not sitting here going, "zomfg blizz is screwing us over I'm gonna quit over this one and only thing," just saying this feels kind of weird.

And if there is an option to choose purple fire, it should come from an NPC called something like, "The Warlock, Formerly Known As..."
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

10+ Year Old Account
    And if there is an option to choose purple fire, it should come from an NPC called something like, "The Warlock, Formerly Known As..."
    Ha, Good one! xD

Why that many warlocks like Green Fire...

Deleted
    They should make a minor glyph for Warlocks, making our incinerate fire appear in a random colour each time we cast. A rainbow incinerate, if you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they implement green fire. Though there are a few things that indicate that this will happen and it's just a matter of time. (Codex in the game files, Xelnath's post on here, blizzard interview, etc.)

Deleted
    Recouping this with xelnaths thread, it seems clear we re gonna have a few class quests .

Yaaay