Poll: What spec will you level as?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What Spec Are You Leveling As?

Title question. Curious what spec for MoP and also if you're going for server first.

Link your talents also!
    Last edited by Elvine; 2012-09-20 at 05:45 AM.

Deleted
    You could add there what spec you are leveling in MoP.
    Well i started lvl my mage yesterday and i lvl as Arcane/frost. Arcane is just boom boom dead, Frost gives more surv

When I do decide to level my mage from 85-90, it will be (as it always has been) as frost. I hate arcane, and fire never really felt right while leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane with PoM, RoF, Barrier, Greater Invis and Nether Tempest. Did it on Beta and had no objections. The idea is just to maximize shatter usage on AoE packs using Barrage pwnage.

Arcane is what it's all about!

I was gonna lvl as fire, but I'm considering going frost after trying it out a bit.

Frost, but then again my mage has been frost for about seven and a half years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to see if fire is on par with frost when it comes to questing and such, but i've already got frost as my second spec so i can switch anytime really.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    Don't know how things are now after the changes but I really loved leveling as Arcane. Kept shouting for more Ice Cream as I Blasted their asses to death!

yeah... a bit weird. Don't ask.

fire.

stable mana high burst, have shatter which makes frozen mob almost guarenteed crit followed by IB for free HS proc.

also fire has all the defensive stuff that frost had before(deep freeze cold snap ice barrier ice ward)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fire. I have always leveled as fire. It will just be a bit more easy mode now that I have a shield and a bit more control over crits. ^_^

I'd quest as Frost, if I did a dungeon I'd probably go Arcane.

If I was leveling.

Deleted
    Fire.

The other 2 specs are abominations.

Will remove the Combustion Glyph and talent Frostjaw/Nova glyph.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-09-20 at 06:17 AM.

Deleted
    Arcane,love it too much to change :P

I will just experiment a bit. In the beginning I will go Fire I think. That's my current spec. I know the rotation. The only thing I worry about is that the Mobs gain more HP and I loose crit every level. If that still works out fine then I will stay Fire. I've got arcane as second spec, so I think will also try arcane. 5 Levels doesn't matter anyway

Deleted
    I will leveling as Frost:
    reforging Hit for level+2 target and capping Crit (shatter cap), Haste (IV cap). My objective is to maximise the burst as I take more time to go from target to another than DPS.
    My test on beta with a pre-made (very less geared than me) show me that I can group 3/4 target and burn them done with very little damage.

I have both frost and fire as possible leveling specs but likely will settle with frost. I'll be leveling with my shadow priest boyfriend so I want my spec to complement his.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will be leveling fire -- agree with others in the thread that all specs now share many of the useful leveling tools that were only available to frost. Especially if you glyph FFB, you get a slow!

Plus I get to skip dealing with a pet, and I always love the insta pyros. I'm a huge fan with what they did to fire with this latest patch.

Deleted
    Definately fire, it's just the spec I feel most comfortable playing