• D) Solve puzzles

143 47.35%
  • D) Defeat monsters

110 36.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as run backs are short I don't mind wiping and having some trial and error, otherwise it you never get any feeling of accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    As long as run backs are short I don't mind wiping and having some trial and error, otherwise it you never get any feeling of accomplishment.
    True. I suppose I'm still thinking of the Dragonwrath quest, which had a very steep and annoying reset penalty for failure. I did the first stage of the Fangs questline on my Rogue alt, and that had a much more forgiving failure penalty. Having to do a certain amount of learning through failure is a lot more tolerable if failure doesn't come with such a high cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    I would, however, like to speak against puzzle challenges of the old Sierra model. Encounter challenge, die horribly, res, try a solution, die, res, find the correct solution, get to the next stage of the puzzle, die horribly, repeat. Please, no. It'd be like progression raiding from scratch, only without friends along to make it tolerable.

Anything that requires preparation before hand, like a specific pet or talent, needs to be telegraphed ahead of time. And I hesitate to endorse requiring a specific talent or glyph. Even with the lowered bar for alternations it's too close to requiring a specific spec to progress. Use of baseline abilities doesn't always have to be telegraphed ahead of time, but if not you have to give the player breathing room during the fight to go hunting in their spellbook because they don't have Twilight Ward or Curse of Enfeeblement on their action bars.
    Although I agree to a certain degree, I'd hate it if everything was slammed so explicitly at me. I'd personally like to die the first time, then think for a while and tell myself: Ok so I failed this time, what are my options, and how can I do this?
    The example with the infernal that I gave is a good case in my opinion, since you'd have a growing debuff that increases the further the infernal approaches. Maybe to a certain degree the debuff coul be marked with something like "an infernal sentry has spotted you and seeks your death/soul". Doesn't seem like such a bad hint, a bit subtle, yet not too obvious.
    Although I'd like it to be very subtle I can imagine some people raging, but oh well, if I've learned anything it's that I mostly can't have things go my way.

Also, if you give players too much time to react it becomes a bit obsolete. Plus, with all the trimming done to our spellbook, I don't see how any warlock couldn't fit all of his spells into his action bars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    What was his name?
    She. A young woman with white hair, isn't given a name

Actually part of the problem, they don't exist in game anywhere to ever get names...

Par for the course I figured...
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-09-24 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember after emissary romankhan in Silithus was nerfed (in wrath i think) he was soloable at level 60, but it was not easy.

I did not know who he was at the time because i was a new player back then, and had missed the Vanilla Raids, but i had a great time running the rather long quest chain to summon him and then solo'd him on my warlock. Took maybe three tries, but it was really rewarding once i finally got him dead.

Okay. I think I've come up with something that has never been done in wow before that you guys will like.

Don't assume too heavily - it's still very much wow and you'll still be doing some wow things, but I used the input here to bias where i spent my time.

The future looks bright... green.

Okay. I think I've come up with something that has never been done in wow before that you guys will like.

Don't assume too heavily - it's still very much wow and you'll still be doing some wow things, but I used the input here to bias where i spent my time.

The future looks bright... green.
    ...marry me

Actually, I'm going to say one more thing to get your mind juices flowing.

I'm hoping I actually built a type of puzzle that is *more fun* when more people are collaborating on solving it.

Actually, I'm going to say one more thing to get your mind juices flowing.

I'm hoping I actually built a type of puzzle that is *more fun* when more people are collaborating on solving it.

You know if you ever happen to be short of NPC names, I'd willingly do a donation. This game needs more Blood Elves!
    Also, the idea of increasing the fun depending on the amount of people seems nice, it might be a bit tough on barren servers, especially if you need warlocks only. I'm looking forward to it but I wasn't expecting something of the sort

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    You know if you ever happen to be short of NPC names, I'd willingly do a donation. This game needs more Blood Elves!
    Also, the idea of increasing the fun depending on the amount of people seems nice, it might be a bit tough on barren servers, especially if you need warlocks only. I'm looking forward to it but I wasn't expecting something of the sort
    I second this, with such a large number of blood elf warlock players, it's quite weird how few there are in the game as NPCs.

I mainly see orcs and forsaken.

Blood elves are all (to some level) warlocks, in that they have(had) dealings with the devil.

And trolls! All I see are witch doctors, where are the troll warlocks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post

And trolls! All I see are witch doctors, where are the troll warlocks?

in the hinterlands, mostly.

10+ Year Old Account

The future looks bright... Mauve.
    Fixed?

Maybe?

:3

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Fixed?

Maybe?

:3
    Nope. Mauve fire got shot down back in the 60s.

Quick question, will I be able to keep my orange fire?

10+ Year Old Account
    Boo! Oh well, all sounds awesome and really looking forward to seeing the end results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds very promising, waiting patiently.

O.k. *not* patiently. GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME

10+ Year Old Account
    Unrelated.

Shaidar was the first US Warlock to 90?

http://www.wowprogress.com/char_level/us/class.warlock
    Looks like it. http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/608182-CDShaidar Check his signature. Same name, same guild.

Really I'll be happy if I could just get my Chaos Bolt to match the rest of my spells :-P

A little disappointed that so many warlock like puzzles more than blowing stuff up, but I'm sure it'll be awesome. This kind of thing makes me feel good about giving Blizzard so much money. Well, better at least