10+ Year Old Account

Best Way to Go About Leveling

So I'm playing a Norn Warrior. I just hit lvl 15 and finished the starting zone for my race.

Would it be an efficient way of lvling to travel to another races' starting zone and go through all the exploration and quests in that area?

Or should I just follow the main story and high tail it to the connecting zone?

Honestly it depends how much exploration/events you do. If you keep up with those and continue doing your personal story you'll have no problems leveling in the connecting zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftkitten View Post
    Honestly it depends how much exploration/events you do. If you keep up with those and continue doing your personal story you'll have no problems leveling in the connecting zones.
    I managed to hit 15 just by exploring, gathering and doing events. In fact, when I finished the very last heart in the zone is when I hit lvl 15.

I kinda like uncovering entire zones though (OCD), so I just wasn't sure if I could effectively level by going through the other starting areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunga View Post
    I managed to hit 15 just by exploring, gathering and doing events. In fact, when I finished the very last heart in the zone is when I hit lvl 15.

I kinda like uncovering entire zones though (OCD), so I just wasn't sure if I could effectively level by going through the other starting areas.
    You can but it won't be as fast as going through zones for your level.

15+ Year Old Account
    I heard running around a map, doing only public quests can gain you even 20 levels in 3 hours. Haven't tried it myself, but many were happy with the tips.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftkitten View Post
    You can but it won't be as fast as going through zones for your level.
    You will start to have money and gear trouble as well if you don't supplement them somehow. Plus you will have issues with crafting materials, I ended up skipping a whole tier on my first character because I did so many of the early zones.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well what I usually do is go for 100% zones before I leave them, and don't worry too much about levels, as they'll barely make a difference in a populated zone. Story missions though, I would wait till the required level since it tends to have you solo champions while all the friendly npcs just die instantly.

It really depends on your preference, but in my opinion, the fastest way to level is to actually not complete 100% in every zone. That will waste too much time and effort for vista points, etc. Instead complete about 60-80% of a zone and move on. Complete the main story line and do events. Always gather stuff for the exp and be sure to explore for its nice xp. Hope this helps
    Last edited by sk8ter12244; 2012-09-24 at 10:33 PM.

If you level in a zone of your level not only you get better xp/karma/gold but you get crafting materials to keep your crafting in the same level as your character and actually use your crafting products
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

The levelling experience in GW2 is more fun than levelling in any other game I've played, except Dark Souls. Just do whatever, and have fun with it. If you get bored with a zone, go to another. If you get bored with events and hearts, do some WvW. If you get bored with that, go back to exploring! Just remember to gather and craft the whole way up, that gives you a ton of xp regardless.

Deleted
    just play.

You can rush to 80 and do it quickly by bulk crafting discoveries, alternated with event farming in the highest level zone you can hit mobs in, with a little but of WvWvW thrown in if you are in a group capturing objectives quickly.

But thats not necessary. Just play and you will level pretty fast, mix it up, go to lower level zones if you want, you get a bit less Xp but you still level there and do what you find fun.