10+ Year Old Account
    somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert

Help with professions.

Hai, wondering if anyone thats done alot of extensive play on Beta checked out what engineering is like come MoP.

I currently play a MS-Ret pally, and off-spec PvE Prot, and PVP Holy.

But here's the story. Transfered to a new server to play with some RL friends, thus leaving behind my plethora of alts that had all professions covered. Currently my ret has JC/Eng but wondering if enchanting would be a better investment in the long run starting out in MoP, or if Eng gets some new toys/perks to make it worth having aside from using gloves on CDs like 20stack guardian then pop gloves and wings for monster str gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    They get this at least: New helm

And there's 2 new mounts you'll be able to make Goblin/Gnome

Probably more stuff too.

10+ Year Old Account
    somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    Forgot about the helm...start of expac those things are divine, but with the mounts my hunter(former main since vanilla till ICC) and rogue are engs so ill still ahve access to them. As well as im planning to xfer my hunter in the next few days to be in the same server as my pally.

engi will always been the classic paladin's profession. you can thank hoff, tehseus and zalgradis for that. its 'toys' have a habit of filling a number of holes in our toolkit.

i think its one of the best professions in the game and easily the best for rets due to our tendency to stack CDs and bursty nature. i wouldn't drop it for anything.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Reggii View Post
    Hai, wondering if anyone thats done alot of extensive play on Beta checked out what engineering is like come MoP.

I currently play a MS-Ret pally, and off-spec PvE Prot, and PVP Holy.

But here's the story. Transfered to a new server to play with some RL friends, thus leaving behind my plethora of alts that had all professions covered. Currently my ret has JC/Eng but wondering if enchanting would be a better investment in the long run starting out in MoP, or if Eng gets some new toys/perks to make it worth having aside from using gloves on CDs like 20stack guardian then pop gloves and wings for monster str gain.
    The mounts are boe and are irrelevent
    The helm isn't even on par with NORMAL mode raid items.

The glove effect is nice tho since ret is all about making it's burst.... more bursty.
    More importantly I THINK engi is supposed to be getting new bombs without a cast time, Unlike cata bombs.

Blacksmithing destroyes all static passive professions because ratings > Primes in mop.

If JC gets it's goddamn rating gems budget fixed it will dominate aswell. Likely that the epic gems will gut and devalue JC again however.

Personally I'm just going to stick with BS / Enchanting

Early expansion perks of d/e and upgrading shards into crystals , I always have a d/e with me. Enchanting is in no way the best but idc personally.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-09-20 at 03:47 AM.