Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh...I missed this! Sign me up! ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I'm just afraid to go in and screw things up.... :b I'll just watch, and if you make another game, I'll just sign up if I like it! :P
    So long as you don't go blurting your role out(if you're something you don't want to reveal) you'll be ok. It's all about lies and deception. You can do a search on the forums here for Mafia Game and get probably every single game minus the last two which were tried on different forums.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sign meh up!
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

10+ Year Old Account
    I always wanted to try this and kept missing the signups. Not this time!
    Sign me up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    Separate forums failed? Also how come you are hosting and not that beagle? I thought he had kind of claimed permament mod.
    If you hadn't been ignoring everything going on, you would've known I'm done modding and when did I ever claim permanent mod? I gave you and Holz mod status on the other forum to try grooming you both for modding and while Holz helped in the one game, he didn't do anything the 2nd and I don't think you did anything either game despite asking for mod status(can't remember if you played the first one)

and Army covered the other reasons in the next post :3 though I'm not old and tired, I'm just annoyed of trying so much and watching as people barely play and see less and less people sign up :\ We have the most new people signing up now since like whatever game it was where Lysah first played. If the games become like 10-12 people playing, I'll have no probs with that as the first game was only like 10 people. I just want the people that do sign up to not be so lurky. I understand being busy and such but some people post like twice a day if that much and it's like "why sign up if you're just gonna afk through the game?" Hopefully going back to mmo-c will spark some life, but I doubt it as we left b/c the games were dying out. Who knows? If only we could get more new life...

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I agree that you should not sign up if you're not going to play. The "I just don't have anything to say" excuse falls under this category. If you just don't have anything to say it's because you're either extremely bad and don't understand the entire point of mafia or extremely manipulative and trying to make up excuses for yourself.

I've wanted to get in on this for a while but I always seem to miss the signup post. I'm in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, Army, Keleb, whichever one of y'all is being the main mod, don't forget to send confirmation PMs before you're ready to start stuff. Some people will say they'll join, but won't actually play or w/e :3

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Also, Army, Keleb, whichever one of y'all is being the main mod, don't forget to send confirmation PMs before you're ready to start stuff. Some people will say they'll join, but won't actually play or w/e :3
    * Points to Pud'n

At least that's how I understood it.

We're still discussing setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    I know mom.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hadn't been ignoring everything going on, you would've known I'm done modding and when did I ever claim permanent mod? I gave you and Holz mod status on the other forum to try grooming you both for modding and while Holz helped in the one game, he didn't do anything the 2nd and I don't think you did anything either game despite asking for mod status(can't remember if you played the first one)
    About that, you said you were giving me modstatus, then when I was about to help out on the first game I didnt have it. Then I asked what about it, then you remembered you had said it and gave it to me, by that time holz and co were already doing their job fine and I felt unnecessary.

I think it's a good thing that you bring the game back to these forums, and I wish you good luck reinstating some life into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, looks like we've got some fresh meat in this game.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    * Points to Pud'n

At least that's how I understood it.

We're still discussing setup.
    Essentially(it's more to not confuse people), one of you have to be the "main" mod. You'll take care of the night actions as having to report to two mods can be confusing and such. You can say day and night mods like how Arlee and I were doing it, but you don't really have to restrict yourselves and either can just count votes/end day whenever. And we have two mods b/c a one mod setup tends to be iffy and have stretches where we're waiting. Sure, we still have to wait on the night mod to end stuff, but it's better than both day and night and since night can go to the deadline if the mod chooses, even if everyone is ready, it's not as bad.

Deleted
    Bump .

This sounds fun. I tried reading an old game thread and it is confusing to me, however. I noticed people vote for others, then unvote, vote for someone else - even themselves! On the basis of what are the votes cast? Is there PM communication going on or is it just random guessing? And why do people unvote - I didn't seem to notice any new info in the game thread between one person's vote and unvote?

Sorry if these are silly questions, just trying to understand the concept

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    First day votes are usually a result of pure mindless randomness .

Though there is often PM communication end-game.

Btw we're settign up the deadline soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avrantia View Post
    This sounds fun. I tried reading an old game thread and it is confusing to me, however. I noticed people vote for others, then unvote, vote for someone else - even themselves! On the basis of what are the votes cast? Is there PM communication going on or is it just random guessing? And why do people unvote - I didn't seem to notice any new info in the game thread between one person's vote and unvote?

If they vote themselves, they're either a) Treann b) crazy or c) about to die and they know they have no chance to redeem themselves. The votes are usually cast on peoples' suspicions though sometimes a piece of info may be made known that might just cause a vote wagon to happen. The pm'ing can happen anywhere from the start all the way to endgame. Sometimes it's very effective and others, not so much. If it's the first day, then voting/unvoting/voting again happens all the time. If it's not the first day, then it's b/c the person may have rethought their vote or maybe some new info popped up that may have been hard to notice(or maybe they were pm'ing someone). It's usually pretty random unless you know what's going on :3

Quote Originally Posted by Avrantia View Post

There are so many reasons to vote, to be honest. You could legitimately think someone is scum. You could be trying to sacrifice your scum ally in order to make yourself look trustworthy. You could be trying to get the town to lynch a townie instead of your scum ally. You could be intentionally antagonizing people, perhaps in order to get them to make a slip and reveal their alignment, or to provoke a night kill on yourself. Perhaps you're just sheeping along in order to stay invisible.

Random guessing does happen, and if no one else is doing any action I'll be the first person to random guess. However, you can usually tell by the way people post and vote if they are scum or not as the game goes on. The first day votes are absolutely totally random, every consecutive day the votes get less random.

It's hard to get a good idea of the game just by reading the day thread if you don't already know exactly what's going on. You have to know what the night actions were and keep track of who is who for most of it to make sense. Everything that is said in the thread could be a complete lie and often times is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure sign me up

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in! :3

I've got some vengeance to enact and all.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I'm in! :3

I've got some vengeance to enact and all.
    I'm going to die...