Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Sweet. sweet world PvP

I noticed there was an odd "cross-server restart" about six hours ago. I log after the fact and wait for the rollover and when I relog to start my Molten Front daily cycle, I notice a rather large amount of blue bodies huddling near the sanctuary point. I head out and do my dailies, returning unscathed. I also notice a couple realms that I haven't seen mixed yet. I then take about 90 min. to do all the Deepholm quests on an alt (getting guild its last 20%). I switch back to do more MF cycles on alts and it is a SEA OF BODIES. Skeletons as far as the eye can see-- I don't recall seeing a turf war this grand since TM (even QD never escalated to this). Who else, among my fellow PvPers, is enjoying seeing world PvP come back for PvP servers? My server has gotten soft, resorting to whining on Level 1 alts the last few years. While I see this many bodies being a major con for rare spawn campers, I hope this merge is here to stay.

tl;dr (come on): today's restart combined multiple servers that had already been merged resulting in PvP on a PvP server (and it was beautiful).

Deleted
    God, I love it when people don't make forum posts only to complain, but also to praise something they like. Finally someone who has been made happy by CRZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Blasted Lands portal was a freakimg bloodbath the likes of which I've never seen outside of an AV turtle.

Involved servers were (US) Tichondrius, Korgath, Blackrock, Kil'Jaeden, and some less notable servers thrown in the mix as well. It was about a 70 v 70 slaughterfest, with each side trying to control the location where people zone into the Blasted Lands portal area from their capital city. This was happening nonstop from about 2pm US-Central time until at least 6pm US-Central. So far, my CRZ experience has been completely positive.

I ran into a 10 v 10 scuttle in Hellfire while farming iron ore the other day. I NEVER see 85's in Hellfire, and I couldn't believe it. World PvP is HERE and it's AWESOME!
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    The Blasted Lands portal was a freakimg bloodbath the likes of which I've never seen outside of an AV turtle.

Involved servers were (US) Tichondrius, Korgath, Blackrock, Kil'Jaeden, and some less notable servers thrown in the mix as well. It was about a 70 v 70 slaughterfest, with each side trying to control the location where people zone into the Blasted Lands portal area from their capital city. This was happening nonstop from about 2pm US-Central time until at least 6pm US-Central. So far, my CRZ experience has been completely positive.

I ran into a 10 v 10 scuttle in Hellfire while farming iron ore the other day. I NEVER see 85's in Hellfire, and I couldn't believe it. World PvP is HERE and it's AWESOME!
    I'd heard that the HFP portal was something to behold but I was paranoid that if I stepped away from my current focus, Blizz would take it away. I've had a bitter taste in my mouth ever since Joe the Guard showed up, all those years ago, with his legendary rifle and started bouncing me all over the zone any time I landed a flame shock on someone whose face I just didn't like; today gave me hope. Really hoping my fellow PvP realmers don't light up the forums urging them to renege on this action.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    God, I love it when people don't make forum posts only to complain, but also to praise something they like. Finally someone who has been made happy by CRZ.
    Aside from the bugs CRZ is a good feature.

Deleted
    is this beta or live ?

Last week I left Halaa with 572 tokens ( you get 1 each honorable kill ).

We had 2 40mans full and horde had even more.

A bloody sunday for sure.

Deleted
    bump caralho

Might go do those dailies tonight :3.

10+ Year Old Account
    World pvp is really only fun for healers and stealthers or classes with good escape mechanics. Everyone else is just cannon fodder.

10+ Year Old Account
    molten front is pretty fun now .. best pre xpac event ever lol
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2012-09-20 at 03:15 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been pvping at molten front now for an hour and a half...sooooooooo much fun. 100+ people, you can barely see the ground from all the skeletons.

I didnt realize the extent of crz and world pvp until someone announced in trade that thrallmar needed defence. So off i trotted to thrallmar to be dissapointed with finding 20 odd horde and 3 alliance character. So i jumped in the near full raid group and headed to honor hold with the rest of em (keeping in mind that this was during an oceanic servers quiet time) and was stunned to find that an epic 40v40 had broken out in the middle of honor hold.

This happened today while playing during the free one week and dare i say it, i will be returning to wow

CRZ is awesome i cant wait for all the server to be hooked up for this

10+ Year Old Account
    Kel'Thuzad Alliance and Mal'Ganis Horde had an awesome battle tonight in Dark Portal, SW, and Org. I got to participate it both sides having characters on both. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0mni View Post
    Kel'Thuzad Alliance and Mal'Ganis Horde had an awesome battle tonight in Dark Portal, SW, and Org. I got to participate it both sides having characters on both. :3
    As far as I know now: The Dark Portal, Tol Barad and Area 52 were insane PvP hotspots that Korgath-US was involved in. So nice seeing other PvP'ers out and about & actually fighting for strategic objectives out in the world.

With the massive participation of encounters going on, I could see a daily quest like the following being implemented:

"Hey, the Alliance/Horde needs you here! Horde/Alliance scum are trying to control [insert notable town/location/objective] and we need you to fight them! Oh, take some conquest/honor for your troubles."

I really like what I'm seeing, and especially the potential for them to build on this feature. I hope Blizz is seeing what we are experiencing out in the world, and I especially hope it's aligned with the intent for CRZ's.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

I miss the days of leveling a low level alt in Hillsbrad Foothills and the broken castle looking area in Arathi Basin and a bad ass looking Undead Rogue would come and gank me and eat my corpse. Finally those days are slowly coming back and I am rejoicing. I still will never forget that experience. People use to complain about getting camped and killed when leveling. I enjoy getting friends to come and then that person who ganked me, would get his friends, and it would just be an all out brawl. I am sooooo frikkin' happy these days are coming back. Southshore days and the likes. It is truly something amazing, that Blizzard is bringing back. Nostalgia at its best people. Be grateful!

Deleted
    went to dark portal - nothing
    went to molten front, was about 10 people but nobody really fighting, just tossing a couple dots on each other and then running back into the sanctuary. hardly world pvp

anyway was the easiest skinning i've ever done, so many cinderweb spiders around already dead

Screen Shot 2012-09-20 at 14.11.28.jpg by sureshkhirwadkar, on Flickr
    Last edited by mmoc19d6468924; 2012-09-20 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Aside from the bugs CRZ is a good feature.
    Yep, I definitely agree. They should simply remove the rare competition and the fishing derby competition and everything would be perfect.

Deleted
    World PvP never enough! Bring it on again. Give me that happines when I can gank some1. Especially i love situation when this person after few deaths log on his alt in my faction and whispers me that im dickhead etc.

It reminds me good old times from classic wow and world pvp near entrance to blackrock mountain. cheers.
    Last edited by mmoc8abf96a3bb; 2012-09-20 at 11:43 AM.