Wanting to get in shape

Anyone have any websites they recommend for a workout routine? Im doing weight watchers for men to help me keep on track. My mom brother and a few other guys i know lost alot of weight with WW due to it teaching portion control but im curious to what you guys think

Deleted
    There are a billion threads like this one, why create another one?

Deleted
    Stop eating so much and start moving more. Its not rocket science.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikend View Post
    but im curious to what you guys think
    I think that if you are too lazy online to Google for a solution, you are too lazy IRL to do the exercise needed to get in shape.

10+ Year Old Account

In all seriousness though, it's not that hard. The motivation to keep it up is the hard part. Stop eating and drinking shit with a lot of sugar in it, eat smaller meals, walk everywhere, use the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. I'm going through this right now myself, and I've dropped 26 lbs in 4 weeks.

I was routinely killing 40+ ounces of Dr. Pepper A DAY. I'd buy a 2 liter and finish it before the day was over. I bloated up to 271 (at 6'2) and couldn't freaking stand it. First thing I did was find a replacement - just iced tea - for all the damned soda. I now have maybe one 32 oz. soda a week. Hope to completely get rid of sodas all together at some point, but in reality, it's not really THAT necessary. I walk to and from work 4 days a week, 3.1 miles each way, and when I say 'up hill both ways' I mean it lol. I live on one side of a massive hill, and I work on the other. It's basically 1.5 miles up hill, then 1.5 miles downhill in both directions. There's a Taco Bell next to my work, and I used to eat there all the time. I'd eat an entire Grande Combo (10 tacos/burritos) all to myself at least twice a week. Now, the most I've had is two bean burritos and a chicken soft taco. Normally it's just three chicken soft tacos and a water. I don't eat candy, so that wasn't anything I had to worry about. I also could eat an entire large/XL pizza in one sitting. Now I try to limit myself to 3 slices, 4 at the absolute most.

Yes, it was PAINFUL starting this. But I persevered, and it's starting to show. Friends I don't regularly see in real life are starting to notice I've gotten slimmer. Pants don't fit anymore. Belt is down 2 notches already. It's a great feeling, and seeing the results motivates me to keep going. I'm hoping to be down around 220 or LESS by X-mas, at which point I plan on starting to bulk up on muscle :-)

As far as Weight Watchers, et. al, I'd say stay the hell away from it. It's a massive waste of money. You don't need to pay anyone to lose weight. No-carb diets, no-fat diets, basically anything with DIET in it isn't going to work. It's all about balance, not extremes. Sure, if your family members learned portion control by using WW, fine. But if it took them spending hundreds of dollars to figure that out, that tells me there's more wrong with them than just watching what they eat >.> I think it's quite obvious. If you're killing an entire pizza, you might want to think about NOT killing an entire pizza. See? Portion control, and I don't have to buy individually frozen meals completely loaded with salt to do it.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2012-09-20 at 07:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

In all seriousness though, it's not that hard. The motivation to keep it up is the hard part. Stop eating and drinking shit with a lot of sugar in it, eat smaller meals, walk everywhere, use the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. I'm going through this right now myself, and I've dropped 26 lbs in 4 weeks.

I was routinely killing 40+ ounces of Dr. Pepper A DAY. I'd buy a 2 liter and finish it before the day was over. I bloated up to 271 (at 6'2) and couldn't freaking stand it. First thing I did was find a replacement - just iced tea - for all the damned soda. I now have maybe one 32 oz. soda a week. Hope to completely get rid of sodas all together at some point, but in reality, it's not really THAT necessary. I walk to and from work 4 days a week, 3.1 miles each way, and when I say 'up hill both ways' I mean it lol. I live on one side of a massive hill, and I work on the other. It's basically 1.5 miles up hill, then 1.5 miles downhill in both directions. There's a Taco Bell next to my work, and I used to eat there all the time. I'd eat an entire Grande Combo (10 tacos/burritos) all to myself at least twice a week. Now, the most I've had is two bean burritos and a chicken soft taco. Normally it's just three chicken soft tacos and a water. I don't eat candy, so that wasn't anything I had to worry about. I also could eat an entire large/XL pizza in one sitting. Now I try to limit myself to 3 slices, 4 at the absolute most.

Yes, it was PAINFUL starting this. But I persevered, and it's starting to show. Friends I don't regularly see in real life are starting to notice I've gotten slimmer. Pants don't fit anymore. Belt is down 2 notches already. It's a great feeling, and seeing the results motivates me to keep going. I'm hoping to be down around 220 or LESS by X-mas, at which point I plan on starting to bulk up on muscle :-)

As far as Weight Watchers, et. al, I'd say stay the hell away from it. It's a massive waste of money. You don't need to pay anyone to lose weight. No-carb diets, no-fat diets, basically anything with DIET in it isn't going to work. It's all about balance, not extremes. Sure, if your family members learned portion control by using WW, fine. But if it took them spending hundreds of dollars to figure that out, that tells me there's more wrong with them than just watching what they eat >.> I think it's quite obvious. If you're killing an entire pizza, you might want to think about NOT killing an entire pizza. See? Portion control, and I don't have to buy individually frozen meals completely loaded with salt to do it.
    This^

i lost 15kg like this, and my weight now is normal , and im 15yrs old anyone can do it , its a great feeling i promise you, friends will tell you that you have become slimer in the face/body , even thou u wont notice it alot, anyways good luck,

EDIT: dont pay for any trainer or a website that could help u out, just google things or ask someone, its really easy to lose weight

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    I think that if you are too lazy online to Google for a solution, you are too lazy IRL to do the exercise needed to get in shape.
    Its not that im too lazy to go online and google it. Its the fact that every website you click on gives you different advice. I am anything but "lazy" im glad to see anyone that needs help with just get flamed cause its not "rocket science"

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 10:45 AM ----------

also the front page is full of sports discussion and the such when i looked and made this thread. piss on you guys. but endersblade thank you for you post. I have cut out soda 100% i drink unsweet iced tea. I do around 80-120 push ups through out the day. since walking to and from work isnt something i can do, i live in a pretty big town. i have been trying to walk around my apartment complex about twice a day or so. its like maybe a mile so two miles total

Quote Originally Posted by Sikend View Post
    Its not that im too lazy to go online and google it. Its the fact that every website you click on gives you different advice. I am anything but "lazy" im glad to see anyone that needs help with just get flamed cause its not "rocket science"

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 10:45 AM ----------

also the front page is full of sports discussion and the such when i looked and made this thread. piss on you guys. but endersblade thank you for you post. I have cut out soda 100% i drink unsweet iced tea. I do around 80-120 push ups through out the day. since walking to and from work isnt something i can do, i live in a pretty big town. i have been trying to walk around my apartment complex about twice a day or so. its like maybe a mile so two miles total
    Losing weight doesnt make you in shape. Many obese people are healthy. The primary thing is doing enough cardio work to keep your heart healthy. Now, if you are trying to lose weight, diet is the only thing that matters. Lifting will increase muscle mass but will do little for your health (heart, blood pressure, cholesterol). It depends on what your goals are. "Shape" is too general a term for anyone to give you competent advice. For all around fitness, I would start running a few miles a day and start lifting a few days a week. I suggest working out at a YMCA, planet fitness, JCC, or something else along those lines as they tend to be more focused on health as opposed to gold gym where a bunch of the people are on steroids and are more concerned with looks and muscle mass.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to learn how to eat properly then read this

Also that site has a ton of awesome workouts on it for anything that you want to do from losing weight, putting on muscle, building strength, or just toning up. Plus various routines for free weights, cables, machines, plyometrics, or anything that you want to focus on really. It's my go to site when I need any kind of fitness info. bodybuilding.com/ is pretty good too

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

A tip I would have is to simply join a gym and do lifts. Building muscle burns so many calories that you wouldn't even need to change your diet drastically (eat less obviously lol). Another tip would be to drink water. 5 minutes after your meal, whether you drank water or that soft drink will not have made a bit of a difference. A final tip I would have is to drink a ton of water when you are getting a bit hungry. Mio's helped me to add variety to my beverages.

I have no experience with weight watchers but good luck on your weight loss and healthier lifestyle!

I think you have to change your lifestyle to get a good shape of your body. Do exercise regularly and always try to diet control.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    A very simple way to loss fat is eat minimum and exercise max. this will help you.

Deleted
    hasfit.com is a great starting program

Go to gym and do some exercise. for being in shape.