Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    AHA! Whoah he pwned me, he's right, wow rule oke, and i want to see what's next after postmodernism, maybe cyberart
    "wow rule oke"

I'm not sure what you mean
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    If you think educating yourself is a waste of time, then you have an unhealthy outlook

Willful ignorance of the fact that style, and graphical quality aren't the same exact thing won't get you anywhere
    And i guess you was taching me on the meaning of art talking about videogames but i lost it right?

So fun how some posters assume to be teaching something to others, not wondering who are they talking with, and everyone on this forum quoting his post is on his 11yo, not old like his father

Kid, you made me waste enough of my time, now i'm done for real
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-20 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Guess there's no arguing with mindless haterdrones.
    Relax, you don't need to get your knickers in a twist just because I think wow looks horrible. You like it? Good for you!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "about the same graphics, and completely different art styles"

That's not the same as saying that WoW has better graphics. Not even close to the same thing. They're "about the same", that's not saying one is better than the other... not at all
    Still wrong if you look at it objectively and technically, they aren't equal, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    Unfortunately, I bought Guild Wars 2 and can now never imagine myself enjoying WoW again. Anyone else feeling this way?

For me, Guild Wars takes a huge step forward with its gameplay and quest design. Its just far more enjoyable than WoW is atm. Its a similar feeling as when I first bought WoW. Its been 6 years of the same thing over and over again, its nice to have a big change. I highly recommend Guild Wars to anyone who is burned out on WoW in general. In fact, I recommend this game to just about anyone. €50 and no subscription fee is great value.
    I bought it, got to 24 and I've lost interest. I've logged in to level my druid in WoW more than logging back into GW2.

Big change? I must be missing something because all I do is wander from heart to heart, kill things, repeat. The only thing I find particularly refreshing is vista platforming puzzles. Otherwise, the dynamic events are just scripted events you may or may not stumble upon. Overall, I find GW2 even less immersive as a world thatn WoW with my 2 mile radius psychic ability to know precisely who needs help doing what.

I like it as a game, but I can't believe people are still claiming it's revolutionary and a huge step forward. I don't see much that's groundbreaking, though it's a fun game. It's just not a WoW replacement for my time; its' more of a back up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Say it again in 6 month.

Exploring new world is interesting, questing and leveling is fun, but can this game keep you interested for several years?
    This, precisely.

I don't even bother picking up a game that isn't going to be rock-solid for at least a year. This is why I will not buy GW2.

I've played 3 MMOs in the last 12 years: Asheron's Call, WoW, and Planetside.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    No, that's REAL TIME and it's with loss of quality due to compression. In game, it looks even better. GW2 and tera are nothing alike. Like I said, comparing them would be like comparing Crysis with Doom.
    No, not really

Crysis - Doom

Guild Wars 2 - Tera

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 09:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    And i guess you was taching me on the meaning of art talking about videogames but i lost it right?

So fun how some posters assume to be teaching something to others, not wondering who are they talking with, and everyone on this forum quoting his post is on his 11yo, not old like his father

Kid, you made me waste enough of my time, now i'm done for real
    No, I'm not teaching you about art, or video games

I'm educating you on the difference between style, and graphical quality
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

Deleted
    Relax, you don't need to get your knickers in a twist just because I think wow looks horrible. You like it? Good for you!
    I don't really like it, but that doesn't mean that it's trash. There is more to the world than extremes. :I

Sorry for overreacting. Had a bad day.

Deleted
    gw2 looks more realistic than tera

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    This, precisely.

I don't even bother picking up a game that isn't going to be rock-solid for at least a year. This is why I will not buy GW2.

I've played 3 MMOs in the last 12 years: Asheron's Call, WoW, and Planetside.
    Thing is, based on the fact that GW2 has no subscription, these games aren't comparable. In essence you pay a single player games price for an MMO (which, with a sub, over the years, usually figure into alot of money). I have already gotten many more hours of content and entertainment out of GW2 that I get out of any Single Player games, with multiplayer possibilities. No way that it can be described as a waste of money, unless you don't like fantasy mmo's.

No, not really

Crysis - Doom

Guild Wars 2 - Tera[COLOR="red"]
    You make a habit out of taking things literally, don't you? You've been schooled enough today, so I won't explain the underlying message of my figure of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    I don't really like it, but that doesn't mean that it's trash. There is more to the world than extremes. :I

Sorry for overreacting. Had a bad day.
    No worries man.

Compare any zone in Mists of Pandaria, or even Cataclysm to something in Guild Wars 2, and they look about the same, though
    Mhm. Compare a zone in Crysis, with one in Doom and they look about the same. (see? I did it again)
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-09-20 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not teaching you about art, or video games

I'm educating you on the difference between style, and graphical quality
    And i guess you believe on what you're doing and what you're talking about XD

Some other posters tried to reply you appropriately, you're on a different total tune from us. That's your problem. You're not trolling. You're wasting your time, or maybe making us waste ours. We talk clear, i made a post with pictures to be clear, you don't , still defending your wow. So i guess this thread is a WoW vs GW2 thread. Which i wonder why is still open, maybe a report works?

If you compare 2004 content to Guild Wars 2, sure. Compare any zone in Mists of Pandaria, or even Cataclysm to something in Guild Wars 2, and they look about the same, though
    THIS, confirm who are we talking with
    Last edited by Lucas Ashrock; 2012-09-20 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    Still wrong if you look at it objectively and technically, they aren't equal, not even close.
    If you compare 2004 content to Guild Wars 2, sure. Compare any zone in Mists of Pandaria, or even Cataclysm to something in Guild Wars 2, and they look about the same, though

Hmm I bought GW2, had some fun for a couple of days, but have not touched it since xD Been busy getting my guild sorted for Mists.

I'll revisit it soon I'm sure... it's a really good game.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Say it again in 6 month.

Exploring new world is interesting, questing and leveling is fun, but can this game keep you interested for several years?
    The answer is no. Other games already proved that. SWTOR comes to mind...

But then again, GW2 is F2P. So it doesn´t matter so much if it doesn´t have much replayabillity. I mean, not as much as it does in WoW, Rift or SWTOR. Revenue will not be hit if people leave in droves.

I pretty much see GW2 as a standard stand-alone game. Like Skyrim, or Zelda, for example... You play it, see the entire world, do all the questing, maybe even level other chars, and that is it.

Don´t think the game will have much endgame to keep people... Don´t even think that is something they intend to do.

You make a habit out of taking things literally, don't you? You've been schooled enough today, so I won't explain the underlying message of my figure of speech.
    I'm not sure you understand

Crysis is a few year old by now, but it was one of the leading products in the industry, in terms of graphics. DOOM is actually a very old game, from the 1990's. Tera and Guild Wars were released only a few months separate from each other, and don't look nearly as different as Crysis compared to DOOM

I hope this helps... you can do some research on DOOM if you want, too. It was actually one of the first popular FPS games, so most people can sort of remember it, when you reference it, and doing so incorrectly, to the degree which you did will make you look kind of silly

Deleted
    I think those of us that aren't going to play this game any more because it's obviously not what we're looking for should leave this subforum. As should I.

Adieu. Enjoy GW2 as I will mists

Can't believe all the negativity around a form of supposed 'entertainment'. Wish more people would put their effort into finding things they do like rather than pissing away their time discussing things they don't.

Closing. The game vs. game stuff was not a smart idea.

--Fencers
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-20 at 01:40 PM.