Poll: Will we see a level cap increase in the D3 expansion?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I'm fairly sure it was quoted somewhere even.
    Any chance of a source for that?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    I just hope they don't make current gear obsolete. They should make it like Tiers in WoW rather than expansions. I wouldn't like my legendaries out-geared by some higher level blue item with 500 int.
    As was stated before current gear will become obsolete no matter what. Look Ilvl is built into the items these days. Also given how limited and boring the Itemization is in this game, I cant think of a single reason why you would keep an old piece of gear other than aesthetic tastes. Even that is limited too....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    As was stated before current gear will become obsolete no matter what. Look Ilvl is built into the items these days. Also given how limited and boring the Itemization is in this game, I cant think of a single reason why you would keep an old piece of gear other than aesthetic tastes. Even that is limited too....
    Yea if Blizzard gets the expansion right, then independent of a max level increase, you will want to ditch all your current gear regardless. Besides that's the whole point isn't it? Gear is a huge carrot on a stick in ARPGs, an expansion is usually meant as a gear reset and new goodies to be acquired.

This reminds me of another thing that's missing that even Torchlight II and Path of Exile have: the lack of using old skins on new items.

I'd think they'd have to. Much like WOW.. The only way to go is up. I think the level progression gives people a reason to buy the expansion.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rift has had alternative leveling for over a year now and the expansion is coming out in about a year. We will be going up to level 60 and I believe keeping our Planar Attunement levels. Your friend is likely correct.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water