Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are you nicer to girls in an mmo than to guys?

Like when you're in a dungeon and one of your party members is lets say obviously a girl, she messed up big time! are you going to rage or be an (ass)
    like most people usually behave in mmo's anyway. or are you more considerate because its a girl!
    Or during raiding, when one of your female members are messing up, do you get as mad as if it was one of your male members.

I have seen more quite often that the female players are being treated "gently" because she's female!
    But what do you do?

Edit: sorry i wasnt sure wether to post this in the gaming discussion or off topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not really. I'm generally nice to people in general in WoW.

It's apparent that I can sometimes be redundant, apparently.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

if they are playing with me, no. if they suck they will hear about it the same way no matter what race/gender.

my gm treats chicks in wow they they are special... we had to carry our disc priest through heroic spine bc she couldn't keep up we struggled 2 weeks longer with her than we should have, she couldnt make it one night, we sub'd her with a friend and killed it np
    Last edited by smif; 2012-09-20 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    Not really, and i find it kind of stupid for people to do so anyway. not that you have to be a raging dick towards your fellow gamers
    Though i think you should treat everyone equally. its kind of emberassing to see some guys in guilds rage at a guy for pulling the boss accidently
    and when its the girl everyone is just quiet.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't really care about their gender. I pvp with a female moderator from here, and we have a few females in our guild that I make as much fun of as I do men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, and before this becomes a guy vs girl thread no one should be treated differently in an MMO regardless of their gender.

Why? Because it doesnt matter, having/not having a penis doesnt make you a better player.

Anything that thinks otherwise...well...pity is being sent you're way my friend

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I'm nicer to people who are nice in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzow View Post
    Not at all, and before this becomes a guy vs girl thread no one should be treated differently in an MMO regardless of their gender.

Why? Because it doesnt matter, having/not having a penis doesnt make you a better player.

Anything that thinks otherwise...well...pity is being sent you're way my friend
    It defenitly shouldnt matter what gender you are! i wasnt intending on making this a guy vs girl thread though,(not that you said i was) but just asking about behaviour

Deleted
    In dungeons, i would leave without saying anything to bad to whoever fucked up. I leave especially cause i know that if i stay i might do so.
    Raids are different, im mostly nice in them and try to explain what went wrong to anyone, men or woman, as long as they dont act high and mighty.

Deleted
    I'm nicer to people inside the game than in real life :-)

But gender doesn't matter no, I'm usually convinced that it's a guy anyway.

Deleted
    Exact opposite, I tell more vulgar jokes and constantly tell them on ventrilo that they sound like they've gained some weight.

In general I'd say that I'm nice to everyone, but I also hold the people I play with to a certain standard(especially when raiding.) I'm more likely to offer constructive criticism than to "rage" on people though. Only if people continue to make the same mistakes over and over do I get mad and want them to leave a group. This is the same whether I'm dealing with males or females.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, dosnt rly matter

10+ Year Old Account
    More lenient, yes.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    Like when you're in a dungeon and one of your party members is lets say obviously a girl, she messed up big time! are you going to rage or be an (ass)
    like most people usually behave in mmo's anyway. or are you more considerate because its a girl!...
    If someone messes up in a dungeon chances are it's the girl.

Seriously though, I tend to have low expectations in dungeon runs if it's a PuG. If it's a guild dungeon run (or raid) and someone screws up repeatedly, then all bets are off....I'll bust ovaries just as quickly as I'll bust balls.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I treat girls a little differently in our guild when they initially join, just to make sure my sense of humor doesn't offend (not gross sense of humor, just a little ribbing here and there ). After that, it's no holds barred - and I find that girls/women like to throw it right back at me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing raids as a competition, I feel like girls have to be treated equally, I hated back in BC when a few girls got carried through our raids b/c they were "nice". I think maybe in life/or if I'm just talking to a girl, yea I'm probably nicer than to guys, that's kind of part of being a gentleman. But for a serious raiding team, one's sex should never matter same as in a job or anything, they should be treated the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    no i tell em they suck regadless of who they are...if you're bad you're bad

I'm generally pretty nice to everyone, provided they don't stroke me the wrong way.
    I am generally also nicer to girls than guys, to an extent in that I am nicer to people I like, and I tend to like girls better.
    That goes both in wow and outside.