Getting Friends into Rift

Given the buzz about Storm Legion, I've got a couple folks interested in joining Rift - and I want to look smart when I tell them about how they can start playing. So I have a few questions!

• Has anyone done the research to be able to point me to the least expensive way to get into it, with access to max level? I know there's the free 20 levels, also something with Curse Premium...
    • Does the "Storm Chaser Edition" ($120 for 12 months) include everything for 12 months, or does it also require the base game purchase?
    • With the level 20 for free - are those players stuck on their own shards?
    • Does preordering the $50 "Storm Legion - Standard Edition" allow gameplay now, or only after Storm Legion drops?

Research is hard. I figure some folks may have had friends go through this stuff... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Onorvele View Post
    Given the buzz about Storm Legion, I've got a couple folks interested in joining Rift - and I want to look smart when I tell them about how they can start playing. So I have a few questions!

• Has anyone done the research to be able to point me to the least expensive way to get into it, with access to max level? I know there's the free 20 levels, also something with Curse Premium...
    • Does the "Storm Chaser Edition" ($120 for 12 months) include everything for 12 months, or does it also require the base game purchase?
    • Does preordering the $50 "Storm Legion - Standard Edition" allow gameplay now, or only after Storm Legion drops?

Research is hard. I figure some folks may have had friends go through this stuff... Thanks!
    1. The cheapest way to go about it would be to level to 20 with Rift Lite. Then, try to find the base game package for cheap that includes the 30 days free game time. I know the other day I saw a copy of Rift at Gamestop for $5. I believe Steam may have it for $10, but I'm not sure. If it comes down to it, the game itself is only $5 on the website, but it doesn't include free game time.

2. Yes, it requires the base game purchase. The Storm Chaser Edition is only a year long subscription. You can't sub without the game.

3. I don't know if you can or can't transfer with Rift Lite. I do know that once you subscribe, shard transfers are free.

4. The $50 SL pre-order gives you access to current Rift now along with your 30 free days of game time. At least, that's what Elrar said.

Awesome thanks!

Given that there are free transfers, I expect the Rift Lite folks are locked away to their own shards until they start paying.

Great tip on finding the game on Steam - it is indeed $10 there, and includes 30 days of game time "for new accounts".

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome thanks!

Given that there are free transfers, I expect the Rift Lite folks are locked away to their own shards until they start paying.

Great tip on finding the game on Steam - it is indeed $10 there, and includes 30 days of game time "for new accounts".
    I don't think there are specific shards for Rift Lite.

I'm pretty sure you can play on any shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post

That is correct.

Be sure to RAF all of them for a nice mount, hat, pet, tons of other stuff. And they get titles.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post

That's way cool. How is it that there's so little gold spamming?!?

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Be sure to RAF all of them for a nice mount, hat, pet, tons of other stuff. And they get titles.
    They get titles? How unfair is that

That's way cool. How is it that there's so little gold spamming?!?

My running theory is Trion literally invented Skynet. You would be shocked some of the stuff gold spammers were trying to the point the messages looked like morse code and had weird letters. I can honestly say I have not seen gold spam in Rift in maybeeeeeee 4+ months.

Hell, I wish I could RAF a bunch of people. Get like, a mount, a few like... 6 months of game time. /drool
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Hell, I wish I could RAF a bunch of people. Get like, a mount, a few like... 6 months of game time. /drool

Post from time to time in the RAF thread above. Someone today posted they were looking for someone to RAF them. As things get closer to SL date I'd expect it to pick up even more. I have 3 RAF's so far but that was all before you got sub time :/

Make all of your friends/coworkers/family/random people on the street/pets start playing and buy a 12 month sub.
    They will all thank you for it and you shall be a god in their eyes