Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Music] Any metalheads here?

I love metal....the whole atmosphere and soul discovering lyrics.

How would you describe metal in a few words? Also, where do you live?

The harmonies, masterful timing, and the brutal almost primal vocals...gives me goosebumps.

I live in Tennessee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once a heavy metal guy, always a heavy metal guy.
    Even if one dont look like one and picked up other music genres during the years, never going to stop loving metal
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its odd I'm mostly a social conservative and I love metal.

Power Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Progressive Metal, Thrash Metal.

I honestly just love how complex some of the music is. You really have to appreciate some of these artists who you can tell put their heart and soul into the music.

I've been listening to a lot of Symphony X over the past month. The Odyssey is such an amazing epic along with The Divine Wings of Tragedy. There's a metal forum if you want to talk about it or post music that you like.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    There's a metal thread somewhere, I think it's 500+ pages long. So yes.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account

I used this opportunity to share this song My Maiden fav!

15+ Year Old Account
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Aye that's just one of 'em. Though the last 50+ pages have become more of a "list the most obscure band" contest. But it's still fun and often terrible hah.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to listen to it a lot when I was a teenager. I've since grown out of the lifestyle and most of the music, but I don't mind it occasionally.

Also, please do not post songs here. We already have metal thread in the Music forum as linked above. Use that.

There are probably a few in the music section :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I used to listen to it a lot when I was a teenager. I've since grown out of the lifestyle and most of the music, but I don't mind it occasionally.

Also, please do not post songs here. We already have metal thread in the Music forum as linked above. Use that.
    If you grew out of it, it wasn't proper metal :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    /shrug. I can't fake liking something that I don't anymore.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    /shrug. I can't fake liking something that I don't anymore.
    Lack of heart then :P

Oh and I'm kinda pulling your leg here... Kinda :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    You can grow out of any lifestyle. Would be kinda sad to keep listening to something you once enjoyed if you don't anymore.

Saw your last post, so this is less but still relevant.

Deleted
    Forever and Always, When i was 8-14 i HATED metal and any type of rock, But then my father showed me Slayer, Pantera, Metallica and many others and i've been a metalhead ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep I love metal, what's there not to love about it?

Mostly listening to Metallica again, with some Slipknot & System of a Down mixed in it.
    At home I mix in Staind/Papa Roach/Stone Sour/Guano Apes.

Should have Disturbed/Fear Factory/Strapping Young Lad/Lamb of God CDs/DVD's laying around too.

I'm the same exact way... Unless it's older metal, ie., Metallica, it just sounds like shit to me now

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, gonna put this in the music forum anyways..

10+ Year Old Account
    I live for it. The moment right before a band goes on is just exhilarating. Moshing and having such a raw burst of adrenaline is wonderful. I love old metal and new metal, all forms really. Genres are pretty restricting. Metal to me is some shit that I can go and headbang to, mosh, run a circle pit, wall of death, crowd surf etc. Scream at the top of my lungs until I can't barely talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    I'm the same exact way... Unless it's older metal, ie., Metallica, it just sounds like shit to me now
    To say that is to say that youre too lazy to explore metal to its fullest. There are plenty of bands doing the thrash thing still, metals not bad now, people are just lazy. Take 30 minutes out of your day, go on youtube, type in "thrash metal", click the first video, then explore all the recommended videos on the side bar and be thankful that we live in a time where is so easy to get your hands on new tunes. Used to be you had to hunt through classified ads in little metal zines to trade cassettes with people to find new artists, now it just takes a cup of coffee and some clicking. For example, the 80s British Heavy Metal sound is making a huge comeback with bands like Holy Grail and Cauldron, and the Black Sabbath style is making a huge comeback with a lot of Doom bands going for a more classic sound like Witchcraft or Ghost. Like I said, its not that metal is bad now a days, it just take a little bit of effort to find the gems hidden in the mounds of lame mall metal.

Back on topic, I always think of metal as a brotherhood or more of a cult. Regardless of where we come from, our political beliefs, our religion, none of it matters as long as we have heavy metal to bring us together. I live near Chicago and we have an amazing metal scene here. I never feel as comfortable as I do among metalheads.