Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...

All "BuckyBalls" Products on Sale for FIVE Dollars from 1-6 PM Today Only

For those who don't know - Buckyballs are those little BB-sized magnets that are being declared unsafe by the Federal Government. The company that is under a government investigation is having a sale right now where you can buy any product on the site for a mere 5 bucks.

If you are a grownup that isn't stupid enough to eat super-strong magnets, this is just an incredible buy. Just FYI.

https://www.getbuckyballs.com/

Deleted
    Sweet Jesus, I'd buy a few if only shipping to EU didn't quadruple the price.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    this is just an incredible buy
    I concur.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    I know. Just bought black cubes, gold cubes, black balls, and gold balls for 20 bucks plus 5 shipping. 25 bucks. Bazinga.

hmm, this gives me an idea for reactive regenerating armor plating for tanks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes. Just ordered some!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought 375 balls. I needed more desk accoutrements in my office.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Awesome, thank you for posting this, just grabbed, 2x black, 1x red, 1x silver of the balls. With shipping to Canada, only $30, the price of 1 before shipping well regular. What a steal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. I always wanted these but they are normally extremely expensive.
    I didn't even know they made cubes too! Errrr now I cant decide what to buy. Well 4 more hours for me to decide!

Anyone have the cubes and balls that can say which one is better?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wanted to pick up some more of the 'rods', but they are out of stock. Combining the rods with the balls lets you build vertices - which gives you a lot more choices when trying to sculpt something. Tried to make a pyramid out of the balls forever and could never do it. Piece of cake with the rods.

And I love making 8-bit art out of the cubes. They are like perfectly sized magnetic pixels. Made a Pac Man on my cubicle wall out of the gold ones... Good stuff...

Anyone have the cubes and balls that can say which one is better?
    Sort of depends. The cubes are a bit smaller than you would think, but that's just because they stack together so efficiently. The balls allow you to do a lot of funky shapes that the cubes do not, and so if you are wanting to mess around and make stuff then the balls are the way to go. The way the magnetic poles line up on the cubes makes it so you have a tough time getting them to hold a 3-D shape. They want to slide around a lot. The cubes do allow some cool shapes sort of unique to themselves though, so it sort of depends.
    Last edited by The Riddler; 2012-09-20 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    Oh, these are just a copy of the Neo Cubes that were popular last year. I bought one back then.

Yeah they are pretty shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    Oh, these are just a copy of the Neo Cubes that were popular last year. I bought one back then.

Yeah they are pretty shit.
    ...What? Buckyballs aren't shit at all. They're quite fun, and they are very strong magnets.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    i bought 3 packs, would have loved the big balls but all sold out. thanks for the heads up!

im so ordering some this is a great deal!

i cant wait to make a sandwich out of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't decide if I should get balls or cubes so I got 3 of each.
    Their website is running SO slow and they are running out of stock, I think this sale is working. As I was checking out the black balls sold out so I had to get the silver.
    I can't believe it was only $36 with shipping, thats what 1 pack would have been!
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

I got 5x Black cubes

THANK YOU OP
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

OP is both a gentleman and a scholar.

Those cubes look neato.

Black balls were sold out, but I bought 4 original and 4 red for 50 bucks with shipping.

Thanks 1000000x OP, I am forever in your debt.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

10+ Year Old Account
    /salutes/ Glad to do my part for the economy.

On a sadder note, I really wonder if this price slashing/sale/whatever is some sort of last gasp they are doing to try to stay afloat in the face of the CPA's pressure? Hopefully not. It'd be a shame if they had to go out of business.

I don't know, but I know what a lot of my friends are getting for Christmas!

15+ Year Old Account
    Y U no ship to Czech Republic silly balls?!!

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<