10+ Year Old Account

Is service that much better than supremacy for demo?

I couldn't get service to fit very well with my rotation of CDs. It's lower than Darksoul but higher than Imps.

Is supremacy too much of a dps loss to switch to it? Speaking of course, for fights that don't need burst, where service would be better.

Personally I have been going to way of Supremacy out of enjoyment. The difference is in all likelihood minor and also to the best of what I have read the 2 cooldowns are both 2 minutes meaning that link up perfectly.

Then again this is moot. I raid as Destro because lets face it: Kill of Demon and the set shit ablaze!
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    not THAT much better
    just a little bit better.

In general i use Supremacy for Dungeons and Soloing, and Service for Raids. For example a Void Lord is an amazing solo tank.

They're fairly close for Demo, your minion choice will have a larger impact on your sustained DPS than your choice between the two grimoires (barring encounter mechanics).
    Last edited by Fallensaint; 2012-09-20 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually Simcraft results (slightly old, cause I don't think the Felhunter/Observer change is in there) show Wrathguard on top actually. And if you don't have burst needs, but DO have movement that will probably be more pronounced.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are both REALLY close in terms of dps numbers at the moment. Though simcraft does have Supremacy ahead by ~20-50 dps. Aka factor in human error and they are more or less the same.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the help everyone! Sounds like I'll be sticking to wrathguard for most of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Beranin View Post
    I couldn't get service to fit very well with my rotation of CDs. It's lower than Darksoul but higher than Imps.
    Wait what? Service is 2 minutes. Dark Soul is 2 minutes. Imps(around 1min 30sec with bis gear(you holy off on these for Dark soul anyway)?

Dark Soul then service then imps every 2 minutes.

If you are doing 5 mans sure use wrathguard, but service is way better in DS because most fights are so short you only get 1 or 2 sets of CDs off.

Those sims are 9 minutes and wrathguard can pull ahead(what fight has been 10 minutes long outside of madness(which is more like 5 2.5 min fights))

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Wait what? Service is 2 minutes. Dark Soul is 2 minutes. Imps(around 1min 30sec with bis gear(you holy off on these for Dark soul anyway)?

Dark Soul then service then imps every 2 minutes.

If you are doing 5 mans sure use wrathguard, but service is way better in DS because most fights are so short you only get 1 or 2 sets of CDs off.

Those sims are 9 minutes and wrathguard can pull ahead(what fight has been 10 minutes long outside of madness(which is more like 5 2.5 min fights))
    Well 6 to 9 minutes long fights, not 9 minutes outright. Which should (if truely random) work out to an average length of 7,5 minutes. That's pretty long, I agree, not sure what the logic behind that was. On the whole the guys at SimC don't do these things at random cause they feel like it, so it was probably to get an as honest as possible result between the different options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what? Service is 2 minutes. Dark Soul is 2 minutes
    You're right, my apologies. I think I still wanna do supremacy anyway tbh, if it's not a huge loss and no burst is required I'd expect that'd it be still good.

Master of puppets I'm pullin' your strings!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Actually Simcraft results (slightly old, cause I don't think the Felhunter/Observer change is in there) show Wrathguard on top actually. And if you don't have burst needs, but DO have movement that will probably be more pronounced.
    This depends. These results are for T13H. If you simulate the same with T14H the difference is over 1k dps. So you should simulate with your own gear to see which is better at the corresponding gear level

Question with Grim of Service, If i used Grim of service-felguard doesn't two legions strikes at one time give me more Demonic Fury? When you do this, you can get to 750 to 800 Demonic fury faster(making it a dps increase)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    Question with Grim of Service, If i used Grim of service-felguard doesn't two legions strikes at one time give me more Demonic Fury? When you do this, you can get to 750 to 800 Demonic fury faster(making it a dps increase)
    All Service pets (which ever pet you summon, imp, felguard, felhunter, what ever) will yield some extra Demonic Fury. The Demonic Fury gain is essentially the same for all Service Pets, as all fel energy is converted into demonic fury at the exct same rate for all pets.

Therefore Go:Service yields a small amount of fury over Go:Supremacy. but its worth about one or two extra touches of chaos, and is already factored into the Simulations that place Service and Supremacy on near equal footing.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-21 at 07:11 PM.

Right, even though felguard is preferred because you can have 2 felstorms at the same time:], however, i have yet to try supremacy :]

Deleted
    I assume that GO:Supremacy is the talent of choice when soloing old content? I understand that the demon's stamina increases when using Dark Apotheosis. Having a voidlord tank with increased stamina will be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    I assume that GO:Supremacy is the talent of choice when soloing old content? I understand that the demon's stamina increases when using Dark Apotheosis. Having a voidlord tank with increased stamina will be amazing.
    No, the Glyph of Demon Hunting currently gives all pets an HP boost, but the only thing the voidwalker gains from Dark Apo is an armor bonus.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    No, the Glyph of Demon Hunting currently gives all pets an HP boost, but the only thing the voidwalker gains from Dark Apo is an armor bonus.
    I see, thanks. That will still be somewhat beneficial I guess.