Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not gonna play on the PTR, because I will kill myself if I get something really, really good. But this patch definitely has me excited for the future of D3!

Deleted
    I love the changes, especially the part where low level items won't drop in Inferno and getting NV stacks from Events/Chests.

I realize they're brand new patch notes, but the DH evasive fire rune Hardened has me curious. Anyone happen to have heard anything or extrapolated how it will work? i.e. will it use discipline every time to increase armor, will it not have a discipline use at all-akin to what evasive fire does now when mobs aren't close by? Not gonna lie, if there's no on-use disc expenditure this will become my primary hatred generator.

My wizard is happy as hell. The nerf to Energy Armor and the Prismatic Rune suck a little, but still a net gain given the damage loss to mobs.

I use Spectral Blades w/ Healing Blades, so no more crit requirement means my life expectancy will soar.
    I use Meteor w/ Molten Impact. The buff to damage last patch rocked. Making it impact faster AND cost less? AWESOME! (my weapon has some 2.7% Damage > Life on it, and it returns alot even on non-crits).

All in all, generally quite happy with these changes. Wizards got ALOT of love here. And, with the change to the Enchantress' Power Armor, I may actually switch to the Scoundrel!
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    most of changes are pretty amazing

highlights:

Players can now search for +Damage on off-hand items (I almost burst into tears after reading it)
    What I really want is to be able to search for ANY affix on any piece of gear. It's a pain in the ass trying to find movement speed gear when you can only search for it on boots, and when you go to "all armor types", the first 46 pages (the max amount) are boots. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by si7encer112 View Post
    -Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level)

Does this means that act 4 is now better than act 3 I wonder.
    I'm pretty sure this change was made for the /player 8 command. So that /player 8 would roll better stats than /player 2 because the monster level would be higher.

Would be interesting if it also affected each act though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    I'm pretty sure this change was made for the /player 8 command. So that /player 8 would roll better stats than /player 2 because the monster level would be higher.

Would be interesting if it also affected each act though!
    I don't think monster levels are higher with the Player 8 command.

Quote Originally Posted by si7encer112 View Post
    -Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level)

Does this means that act 4 is now better than act 3 I wonder.
    No. Act 3 and 4 are the same level, 63. This means Act 1 and 2 are even worse than they were before. The question is if this buffs Act 3, or if it remains the same.

I've been away from Diablo 3 for a while. Do you still lose NV stacks when finishing one act and going to the next one?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    I've been away from Diablo 3 for a while. Do you still lose NV stacks when finishing one act and going to the next one?
    Yep that's still there and don't think It's changing soon.

Lame... hope they do that someday.

Stupid changes to DH:

Companion
    Added a 30-second cooldown
    Reduced each Companion's attack cooldown from 1.5/2 seconds to 1 second
    Weapon damage increased from 30% to 38%, but they can no longer critically hit
    Companion's damage now scales with attack speed
    Skill Rune – Wolf Companion
    Wolf Companion has been redesigned to be a more durable pet:
    Now has comparable durability to one Zombie Dog
    New attack: 120-degree Cleave with a 10-yard radius that hits for 94% weapon damage

Skill Rune – Spider Companion
    Spider Companion has been redesigned to be a more durable pet:
    Has slightly more durability than the Wolf Companion
    New attack: 120-degree Cleave with a 10-yard radius that hits for 38% weapon damage and Slows every enemy it hits by 60% for 2 seconds

Skill Rune – Boar Companion
    Boar Companion has been redesigned to be a more durable pet:
    Has more durability than the Spider Companion
    New attack: Single-target attack that hits for 38% weapon damage
    Provides (155 @ 60) Life per second and a 15% bonus to all resistances for the Demon Hunter
    There will be NO POINT in using spider or wolf. Wolf only brings more damage to the table however it's defenses are going to be weak so It is just going to die leaving it useless. Spider is compeltely pointless, the slow would actually be good but oh wait... IT NOW HAS DIMINISHING RETURNS. So what is just going to be immune to slow after 2 attacks? Since it has a 1 second cd it is not going to be good. Boar will be the only logical option of the group.
    Skill Rune – Chain of Torment
    Weapon damage increased from 80% to 100%
    Who gives a shit? The turrets range is still shit, it is seriously only about 2 body lengths. We suppose to kite around our turrets? Not when their range is that small kiting around them will be suicide. Chain of torment is even worse, no matter how much damage you buff it, its range sucks. That's the problem. Its range sucks, not the damage the range. How do they not see this? Do they really think just buffing numbers does anything?

Strafe

Movement speed increased from 65% to 75%
    Another pointless change, nobody will use any other rune except the 100% speed rune. Every mob moves fast, anything slower and you are screwed. Not making it 100% movement speed baseline and giving us more options to use this piece of crap they just slap us in the face with a pointless change.

The crafted(?) rings that have the proc and the 35% XP are pretty sweet. Looks like skeleton king uber will have two guys instead of just one.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Stupid changes to DH:
    Man, you get buffs and complain. What's up with that? Just because it didn't shoot up 300% range and get nuclear missiles as bolts doesn't mean it's a horrible change. They tweak the damage now and maybe increase the range later. A lot of times when they do increase something in a big way like that it gets out of hand and it's what everyone wants. They're just stacking the wall block by block instead of giant slabs at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Man, you get buffs and complain. What's up with that? Just because it didn't shoot up 300% range and get nuclear missiles as bolts doesn't mean it's a horrible change. They tweak the damage now and maybe increase the range later. A lot of times when they do increase something in a big way like that it gets out of hand and it's what everyone wants. They're just stacking the wall block by block instead of giant slabs at once.
    Meaningless buff to numbers when skills don't work properly. Most of the buffs are just number changes. A 2 second slow the spider applys every 1 second? At the same time they change debuffs so they have diminishing returns? Increase damage to turrets chain when its range is about as big as a witchdocters hound?

The only "new ways to play" they promised is setting up 3 turrets and being able to stand still as a DH since all they gave us was either number buffs, pointless buffs like strife change, or a reason to stand still (boar, 50% armor, +10% resistance). They didn't change anything... again.

Do you not read?
    Last edited by zito; 2012-09-21 at 11:25 PM.

A lot of changes were so obvious that many people talked about them on forums even on beta.
    Even people who never played diablo before would easily think up a lot of them.

Anyway, d3 is looking a little better with every patch.

Maybe after first expansion it will be playable at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    Lame... hope they do that someday.
    They really ought to. They should also remove the ridiculous loss of NV stacks when you want to change abilities. Nothing kills my want to experiment like that bullshit.

OT good changes overall. A tad miffed about the WW barb but I guess it was coming. Apparently D3 must be balanced like an mmo now and I should expect any possible chance that any powerful ability will simply not be allowed to remain powerful.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 11:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post

Maybe after first expansion it will be playable at last.
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

lowering damage in 1.0.5

i was wondering, they're adding monster power in 1.0.5, they say that current inferno difficulty is around monster lvl3 or 4.
    then they say they're lowering damage that monsters do, so they're nerfing some of our defensive abilities.

the question i was wondering is.... are they really lowering down the damage.... or will it just seem like they lowered the damage cause we'll be starting at monster lvl 1?

will i not be able to do current "inferno" difficulty, monster lvl 3 or 4. because of the nerfs to defensive abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What I really want is to be able to search for ANY affix on any piece of gear. It's a pain in the ass trying to find movement speed gear when you can only search for it on boots, and when you go to "all armor types", the first 46 pages (the max amount) are boots. Seriously.
    I'm not sure about this but the other items that have movement speed on them besides boots are legendaries/sets, right? So you can just change your search to include only legendary items. I doubt there will be 46 pages of legendary boots.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    My wizard is happy as hell. The nerf to Energy Armor and the Prismatic Rune suck a little, but still a net gain given the damage loss to mobs.

I use Spectral Blades w/ Healing Blades, so no more crit requirement means my life expectancy will soar.
    I use Meteor w/ Molten Impact. The buff to damage last patch rocked. Making it impact faster AND cost less? AWESOME! (my weapon has some 2.7% Damage > Life on it, and it returns alot even on non-crits).

All in all, generally quite happy with these changes. Wizards got ALOT of love here. And, with the change to the Enchantress' Power Armor, I may actually switch to the Scoundrel!
    Not really if you take higher difficulty settings in to account, the loss of resists and armor is quite huge when taking kill+rune+enchantress in to account. In similar difficulty setting you won't notice much difference but at m-lvl 10 the loss in stats will hurt you by quite a bit.

Some other changes are nice for some specs but I don't see them buffing our defensive abilities at all, guardian rune buff is pointless as most situation you are hit faster then it can save you anyway. The new life regen won't save you without high defensive stats to begin with, something they nerfed. Ice armor seems fairly pointless as well, if you need the extra melee reduction you would use the 20% passive and go with another active ability, besides most damage I seem to struggle with is ranged based.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    besides most damage I seem to struggle with is ranged based.
    The Enchantress can now give 6% damage reduction from ranged attacks which is quite good though.