Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I thought the affix's were based on monster level. Do act 1 monsters start at level 63 now if we set MP to 1 or higher.

(sorry if stupid question)

Once you set MP to 1 or more all monsters in Inferno becomes lvl 63 and drops loot same as any Act 3/4 monster does now. Additionally they are removing items below level 58 from inferno, not that it matters much as all items will roll affixes from the i-lvl 63 pool.

These newest changes will make it viable to farm any act, but Act 2 will probably be the best. Now, it's more about pack density for anything else, and Vault of the Assassin is OP for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    These newest changes will make it viable to farm any act, but Act 2 will probably be the best. Now, it's more about pack density for anything else, and Vault of the Assassin is OP for that.
    Depends a bit what your goals are, Act 3 will most likely be the superior choice if you want Paragon XP and loot at the same time, VotA is to short for that and the rest of Act 2 is a bit sporadic on mob density.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Once you set MP to 1 or more all monsters in Inferno becomes lvl 63 and drops loot same as any Act 3/4 monster does now. Additionally they are removing items below level 58 from inferno, not that it matters much as all items will roll affixes from the i-lvl 63 pool.
    That is awesome! So, if someone is farming Act 3 right now how much would you estimate is the 'right' MP that would more or less not cause any noticeable changes? Sorry if this has turned into a Q&A, I'm just starting to get really excited about this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    That is awesome! So, if someone is farming Act 3 right now how much would you estimate is the 'right' MP that would more or less not cause any noticeable changes? Sorry if this has turned into a Q&A, I'm just starting to get really excited about this patch.
    Blizzard has answered that very question before, and they say 2-3. My guess is 2 will be a tiny bit easier, and 3 will be a tiny bit harder.

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 09:30 AM ----------

Depends a bit what your goals are, Act 3 will most likely be the superior choice if you want Paragon XP and loot at the same time, VotA is to short for that and the rest of Act 2 is a bit sporadic on mob density.
    That's true, I was more of thinking for just loot. Build up 5 stacks, do Vault of the Assassin, Zoltun Kulle, then Belial. And I just thought of this. Level 63 Belial with health and damage buffs might turn out to be an interesting fight. Before all the nerfs to Inferno, he was my favorite boss. This might just make him a challenge again.

You do realize that by doubling your MF you effectively double your chance to get a legendary item right?

Either way I'm not the only one seeing this effect due to MP giving MF, if you chose to believe it or not is up to you I suppose.
    If you take 375 and add 250, you have not doubled it.

Even if you did double your mf, you'd only get twice as many legendaries if your killspeed did not drop when moving mobs from 200k health to 4,3m health.

If raised MF is the only improvement in gear-finding from monster levels above 1, it won't be optimal to raise it above maybe 2-3, wherever travel speed stops being a bigger part of your farming than kill speed.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I actually embraced that, Like you have no clue how many A3 runs I've done granted I'm on full break now cause I'm bored til 1.5

It's so terrible =/

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    If you take 375 and add 250, you have not doubled it.
    It was just to illustrate that it does indeed affect legendary drop rates, not to be literal in my description.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    Even if you did double your mf, you'd only get twice as many legendaries if your killspeed did not drop when moving mobs from 200k health to 4,3m health.

If raised MF is the only improvement in gear-finding from monster levels above 1, it won't be optimal to raise it above maybe 2-3, wherever travel speed stops being a bigger part of your farming than kill speed.
    Well 2-3 is the same as Inferno now...I can raise it to 5 without losing to much speed, something that will differ between classes and where you chose to farm, again though, it was just an example made to illustrate how it works and as I said there are others noticing the same effect.

I've thought about it a little more, and I really want to try Act 1 farming. Sure, Act 2 may be a little more efficient. But I'm lazy, and even if the mobs had the same stats, Act 1 will be easier. All of the mob types for Act 1 are so stupidly faceroll. It mainly consists of slow moving skeletons. Act 3 has some rather annoying mob types, like the demonic tremors and the blood clan occultists. Act 2 has a fair amount of stuff that tries to kite you, and I don't know about you guys, but I really don't want to see level 63 blazing constructs with pumped up stats. ALL OF THE FIRE!

Well, good luck with farming keys and organs. They are not tradeable + U need MP 10 + max NV stacks to get key/organ guaranteed. Source:
    http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-trac...ps-should-not/

And without max NV stacks...key will never drop.
    Are you saying that unless you have five stacks of NV keywardens will not ever drop keys?
    Yup. (Or, at least that's how it's designed to work. If players are getting keys without the five stack, then that's likely a bug.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Well, good luck with farming keys and organs. They are not tradeable + U need MP 10 + max NV stacks to get key/organ guaranteed. Source:
    http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-trac...ps-should-not/

And without max NV stacks...key will never drop.

Already knew it wasn't a 100% drop on the keys. Monster Power increasing the chance really doesn't feel right though.

I actually like the fact that it's a 100% drop chance on MP10. I'll just throw on my tank spec and gear and steamroll. Shouldn't take me too long like that, and it's guaranteed.

Deleted
    So any info on where keys and organs drop? Can all keys/organs drop in the same act?

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    So any info on where keys and organs drop? Can all keys/organs drop in the same act?
    Keys drop from acts, organs from uber bosses. Full info: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1361-...nergy-twister/ enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Keys drop from acts, organs from uber bosses. Full info: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1361-...nergy-twister/ enjoy.
    Good stuff, thanks

Just for fun, I decided to try a totaly new character playing with MP 10 right from the start. Normal mode is so much more fun this way, and you level up so fast. By the time I found Cain inside the Catedral I was already level 7.

Is this patch live everywhere, last night in Australia (16 hours ago) and din't download a patch and could still play but was finding sub 58s in inferno still. Any news on when the patch is released everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post
    Is this patch live everywhere, last night in Australia (16 hours ago) and din't download a patch and could still play but was finding sub 58s in inferno still. Any news on when the patch is released everywhere
    No the patch is not live yet. The PTR has been up for some time though.

Deleted
    Hopefully they bring the patch in soon.