Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried my usual Act 1 run with Monster Power at 1, and died rather quickly. Guess I'm still not good enough to play this game the way it's "supposed" to be played.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I tried my usual Act 1 run with Monster Power at 1, and died rather quickly. Guess I'm still not good enough to play this game the way it's "supposed" to be played.
    You serious? Link me your profile n.n

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You serious? Link me your profile n.n
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K...9/hero/5061110

Confirmed in 1.0.5, rings and amulets can roll item level 63. Now if only they'd drop more. I love getting rings and amulets to drop.

Deleted
    Most changes sound really good except the doubled legendary rate..

Without the other changes, it wouldn't be too bad, however, considering the the new monster power change, at 4, it would already mean 4x more legendaries, at 8, 8 times more. I guess the legendary items will just become the new rares at these rates.

I guess we'll have to see though, maybe the higher difficulties will become somewhat challenging again, although even if they do, they'll probably nerf them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Most changes sound really good except the doubled legendary rate..

Without the other changes, it wouldn't be too bad, however, considering the the new monster power change, at 4, it would already mean 4x more legendaries, at 8, 8 times more. I guess the legendary items will just become the new rares at these rates.

I guess we'll have to see though, maybe the higher difficulties will become somewhat challenging again, although even if they do, they'll probably nerf them again.
    I don't understand. How does twice the number of legendaries make them common, and how does monster power affect that other than giving you a little more MF?

I don't think the droprate increases are quite that static. Do you have a source for this?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    I don't understand. How does twice the number of legendaries make them common, and how does monster power affect that other than giving you a little more MF?
    Well, if 1 MP will give you 25% more MF, 4 will double it, which means twice as high change of getting a legendary. I think 4 MP will be manageable for most players, so we wouldnt be seeing 2x more legendaries but 4-10 times more.

At the moment, finding a legendary is sort of a "omg, I hope its good!", they're quite rare and maybe only drop every 2 hours or so with capped MF. After the patch though, just finding a decent set item or legendary wont matter any more, they'll most likely have to also have good stats to be worth anything so it will become close to how rares are now. You get a boatload of them.. most are just meh, another one not worth anything -> scrap it.

To make it short, sorting through tons of garbage isn't fun. Better make all drops 10 times more scarce, hell, even 100 times but at the same time make all the level 62-63 items roll at least 75% of the max value. Instead, they just buff drop rates.. /sigh

I'd rather have 1 item thats guaranteed to be awesome or at least good every 3 hours, hell, I'd even take 25% chance for it to be awesome (which is how it roughly is with the current legendaries). However with the changes, most people think it's just gonna be more goodies.. no, it won't, it just lowers the chance of them to be good but you get more.
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2012-09-28 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if 1 MP will give you 25% more MF, 4 will double it, which means twice as high change of getting a legendary. I think 4 MP will be manageable for most players, so we wouldnt be seeing 2x more legendaries but 4-10 times more.

At the moment, finding a legendary is sort of a "omg, I hope its good!", they're quite rare and maybe only drop every 2 hours or so with capped MF. After the patch though, just finding a decent set item or legendary wont matter any more, they'll most likely have to also have good stats to be worth anything so it will become close to how rares are now. You get a boatload of them.. most are just meh, another one not worth anything -> scrap it.

To make it short, sorting through tons of garbage isn't fun. Better make all drops 10 times more scarce, hell, even 100 times but at the same time make all the level 62-63 items roll at least 75% of the max value. Instead, they just buff drop rates.. /sigh
    4 MP I assume gives an extra 100% MF? So, that's four times as much as 1 MP. Still doesn't double your chances of finding a legendary. At all.

And seriously, where do people keep coming up with this "legendary every two hours" number? I ran around with capped MF for a little while, I was still only finding one every few days.

Deleted
    4 MP I assume gives an extra 100% MF? So, that's four times as much as 1 MP. Still doesn't double your chances of finding a legendary. At all.

And seriously, where do people keep coming up with this "legendary every two hours" number? I ran around with capped MF for a little while, I was still only finding one every few days.
    It wont give you 25% more MF, it will give you 25% of your current MF. If you have 100, then yes, it would be 25, but if you have 300, it will be 75.

As for the 2 hours, this is how many I get on average. Sometimes I dont get any for 8 hours, then I get 4 in 2.. but on average its roughly 1 every 2 hours. It depends on how fast you farm and your MF of course and varies from player to player.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wont give you 25% more MF, it will give you 25% of your current MF. If you have 100, then yes, it would be 25, but if you have 300, it will be 75.
    Can you confirm this? I'm seeing a flat 25% addition per monster power.

Deleted
    One thing I'm still unsure:

This MP change will basically determine that people that just want paragon xp can move to act 3 since it's easier right? If I'm not mistaken, the current act 3 inferno is what MP 3 will be in the future.

Deleted
    Can you confirm this? I'm seeing a flat 25% addition per monster power.
    No, not really, it's how I understood it anyway. A flat 25% wouldnt make much sense to be honest, so I just assumed its multiplicative. If it really is flat, then you're right I suppose, double drop rates wouldnt be that big of a deal and farming at MP that significantly increases MF would be counterproductive for most people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    One thing I'm still unsure:

This MP change will basically determine that people that just want paragon xp can move to act 3 since it's easier right? If I'm not mistaken, the current act 3 inferno is what MP 3 will be in the future.
    All Acts will be the same when you activate Monster Power. The thing is Act 1 is actually less dangerous than Act 3 (Demonic Tremors, Phasebeasts, Occultists, Fallen Maniacs) so I think people will move away from Act 3 and more into Act 1. If you can farm A3 now then you can surely farm A1 with MP3 and get the same rewards as if you were farming A3 with MP4.

No, not really, it's how I understood it anyway. A flat 25% wouldnt make much sense to be honest, so I just assumed its multiplicative. If it really is flat, then you're right I suppose, double drop rates wouldnt be that big of a deal and farming at MP that significantly increases MF would be counterproductive for most people.
    If it were your way, then MP10 with 300 MF would be 1050% MF. That seems absurd to me. Even the proposed flat 25 seems high, since you'd end up at 550%.

That said, I looked and could find no blue mention of what the increased MF per MP might be. I assume it's all rampant specualtion at this point, unless there's some specifics to be gleened from the PTR (which I've not tried).
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am literally amazed of how many of you well mainly the majority within the official forums are actually against the whole double the rate legendary thing and what do you know most of them are actually flippers like myself

Like I have never been awed this badly =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    If it were your way, then MP10 with 300 MF would be 1050% MF. That seems absurd to me. Even the proposed flat 25 seems high, since you'd end up at 550%.

That said, I looked and could find no blue mention of what the increased MF per MP might be. I assume it's all rampant specualtion at this point, unless there's some specifics to be gleened from the PTR (which I've not tried).
    Well, considering that the monsters will be significantly harder at MP 10, and I do mean significantly as in several millions of HP, even a multiplicative MF increase would not make it worth it. Up to 5 or even 8 if your damage is really high, maybe. However it is really flat 25%, keeping it where you can 1 shot most monsters would make the most sense as .. considering you already have 375% with NV, the extra 25% seems very minor.

Unless of course there are other changes too, for example higher MP would make the monsters higher level raising the affix caps. But then again, that would make mp 10 mandatory for all if you want to find anything and I doubt Blizzard would want that after spending so much effort to make sure everyone could run act 3-4.

"Significantly" doesn't begin to cover it. I'm paragon 63 and farm Act 3 with absolute ease with 0 deaths and finally decided to copy my char to PTR. Testing Act 1 + MP10 = First elite pack of basic zombies had 50,000,000 health and could 2 shot me through shadow power with 540 all resist. Painful. 2nd elite pack dropped a legendary, though, so I got to see the nice mini-map ping and light show. It's noticeable enough for me. This does mean I will have to shift focus towards massively increasing my damage now if I want to do higher MPs.

The effects are much larger than just doubling, it's doubling the base chance.

Now if you have pre patch cap of 300% MF, you then have 3 times the base chance to get a legendary item, now lets assume you do MP4 post patch, now you have 4 times the base chance to get a legendary (it's static 25%/level btw), now if you double the base chance then all of the sudden the guy with maxed MF will have he's drop chance increased by 8 times from the original base.

So for the people that run without any real MF stacked I'm sure it looks good on paper as they think they will see a legendary once every blue moon but don't see the huge increase for the people that have good MF gear or high Paragon level, something that over time will increase for everyone.

In effect I see it as a way to please people whining about no drops while neglecting to gear for MF, resulting in loads more items for the dedicated players and raising the bar what's considered a good and valuable item, hence making it harder for the general mass to make any gold from their drops even if they do get an occasional extra item.

---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 11:00 PM ----------

Well, considering that the monsters will be significantly harder at MP 10, and I do mean significantly as in several millions of HP, even a multiplicative MF increase would not make it worth it. Up to 5 or even 8 if your damage is really high, maybe. However it is really flat 25%, keeping it where you can 1 shot most monsters would make the most sense as .. considering you already have 375% with NV, the extra 25% seems very minor.
    I can do MP7 fairly comfortably to farm keys but to be properly efficient I'd go down to 5-6 somewhere, with a respec to the mindless perma freeze melee build and patience I can do MP10 but it does kill me from time to time and the time spent isn't worth while, not even for the 100% key chance.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K...9/hero/5061110

Confirmed in 1.0.5, rings and amulets can roll item level 63. Now if only they'd drop more. I love getting rings and amulets to drop.
    You are a bit low on health and fairly low on armor, I'd look to get some more i-lvl 63 armor pieces to bump the armor while trying to get some more vitality and stack your single resist with all res if budget allows it, armor instead of resist can be just as viable, should be able to improve some pieces for a fairly low cost. You main issue is that you have no life on hit nor life steal, without it I don't see you being able to fight lvl 63 monsters at all, you should be able to find rings/amulets/mid level weapons with LoH for reasonable prices these days, at least enough to run MP1 with.

If we're talking about your Monk that is, assumed that due to Paragon level.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-09-28 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    All Acts will be the same when you activate Monster Power. The thing is Act 1 is actually less dangerous than Act 3 (Demonic Tremors, Phasebeasts, Occultists, Fallen Maniacs) so I think people will move away from Act 3 and more into Act 1. If you can farm A3 now then you can surely farm A1 with MP3 and get the same rewards as if you were farming A3 with MP4.
    Unless they're changing act 1 drop rates, it wont happen.

At the moment there's only 4. something percent chance of getting a level 63 in act I compared to 16. something in AIII. Even if the stats on items will be based on monster level, it still doesnt change the fact that the most valuable items - set items are mostly level 63 and all the good legendaries are 63 as well.

A 4 times smaller chance of getting them would never justify running act 1 or even 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they're changing act 1 drop rates, it wont happen.

At the moment there's only 4. something percent chance of getting a level 63 in act I compared to 16. something in AIII. Even if the stats on items will be based on monster level, it still doesnt change the fact that the most valuable items - set items are mostly level 63 and all the good legendaries are 63 as well.

A 4 times smaller chance of getting them would never justify running act 1 or even 2.
    With Monster Power 1 or higher the drop chance of an ilvl 63 item will be entirely the same in all acts, as all monsters will be level 63.