Poll: Poll

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soltsu View Post
    I just think you have a....BONE to pick with Brook (YOHOHOHO Skull Joke !)

but on topic: I managed to watch all the episodes till Time Skip or so and enjoyed it all but now days I just read the manga. The movies are suuuuper awesome, few last ones are recaps about how the crew was joining them and not watched 'em, but Storng World was wicked one of the best anime movies out there. One Piece as an anime is a hit or miss, you need to give it a proper try tho if you want to know is it for you or not (first 1 or 2 arcs AT LEAST). I think OP is going strong for many MANY chapters and episodes to come, and it really feels (to me) that Oda has so much to tell us about the pirates and the man's romance.

To answer your question, it isn't overrated, it has earned it's success in many ways ^^
    Strong World was actually written by Oda, he only worked on character designs and approved story ideas for the previous films. That's pretty rare for movies based on shonen series like this. The upcoming One Piece Film Z is also written by Oda so it should be pretty good as well. It's about a former Marine Admiral turned pirate and Aokiji will play a big role. http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/One_Piece_Film_Z I like how Z's Jolly Roger has an upside down Marine logo in it.

I read something recently that Oda said he has a notebook that he writes down future storylines in but he had to start tossing some of them out or else the series would never end. Thought that was pretty funny.

Deleted
    One piece is probably one of best manga that you can now obtain in any shop in Japan.It has huuuuge world full of secrets,characters are cool,funny and stuff,fights are good and overall One Piece is very very very good manga.Is it overrated? Hell no.If I would have to say better 1 manga than OP it would be only Berserk and that's 18+

Edit: Damn I thought this was about all OP.Anime is not bad it got minimum fillers nice music and pretty good jokes.What else do you want?
    Last edited by mmoca7e38c9356; 2012-09-26 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Aokiji will play a big role.
    Okay, that's a new one for me. I hope this "big role" will be limited to flashbacks. I'd hate to see a movie get ahead of the manga in terms of story.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    But at least the flashbacks have meaning
    I don't really care i guess about the meaning behind it. seeing sanji's story 3 times is really too much for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Drum Island drove me nearly insane with the flashbacks.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Okay, that's a new one for me. I hope this "big role" will be limited to flashbacks. I'd hate to see a movie get ahead of the manga in terms of story.
    Well the movie doesn't open until December so there are still a few months before then. The Synopsis is kind of vague and just refers to Aokiji pursuing the Straw Hats. I am guessing there is more then that, probably some history between this Z and Aokiji. It saws Kizaru will be in it as well. Guess we will have to wait and see. I have a feeling they will tie it into the manga/anime like they did with Strong World though.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    I don't really care i guess about the meaning behind it. seeing sanji's story 3 times is really too much for me
    Don't watch Naruto then. You will see Sasuke's backstory 80+ times. Maybe more.

Deleted
    don't watch Naruto then. You will see Sasuke's backstory 80+ times. Maybe more.
    Well i never intended to watch naruto, or ever have! but ty for the warning

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone who has watched this show extensively give me a list of arcs to watch if I am starting from scratch? I do not like filler arcs, just the important manga-related ones please

I have netflix and hulu+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyonlol View Post
    Can someone who has watched this show extensively give me a list of arcs to watch if I am starting from scratch? I do not like filler arcs, just the important manga-related ones please
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_Guide with color indication etc.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Overrated by who? The japanese? probably. Anywhere else in the world, not really.
    While I enjoy it from time to time (current arc is pretty interesting but the fishmen island was terrible) it's not something that has translated well to eastern audiences with multiple botched dubs by a couple of different companys. Not to mention how long it takes to catch up.
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

One Piece is genius. One of the best mangas (and by extension, a great anime) ever.

Best parts (for me):
    -It's about pirates, very interesting topic and a different world. Not to mention the fantasy involved with the superpowers.
    -The story is so intricate and done so so so so well. There are almost no plotholes and the story is so huge, yet everything unifies into one story at some point.
    -Action. Fighting is cool. Comedy. Jokes are funny and characters are great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think its overrated but, I do think luffy has way too much plot armor which the writer uses an excuse to justify his stupidity bad writing imo.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.