Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The BIS lists were written up before we had all the data, particularly the Heroic Elite weapons or the new item upgrade system. Regail's is going to have a slightly higher item level if you're looking at the Heroic Elite version (rather than Heroic), and that higher item level and similar itemization is going to lead to Regail's likely being better.
    Which one is better is highly subjective, and depends on things like hit cap requirements, stat weights, and whether you have a legendary gem or not. Suffice it to say, if you have one you shouldn't bother getting the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Which one is better is highly subjective, and depends on things like hit cap requirements, stat weights, and whether you have a legendary gem or not. Suffice it to say, if you have one you shouldn't bother getting the other.
    Unless everyone else in your raid is similarly geared out, which is doubtful at this point I'd say. I was just referring to very small differences in itemization; in practice you probably don't have a choice; you've got one or the other and your other casters will be getting whichever you don't have when it drops next. The difference is exceedingly small.

hmm I see what you guys mean, very sad though that a Sha touched weapon falls just under another weapon just because of pure ilvl difference. In my case at least I know a lot of my guild members will be seeking the mace which works fine for me since the dagger gives me exactly what I need, more Haste, Mastery, and Spell power.

Thx for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    hmm I see what you guys mean, very sad though that a Sha touched weapon falls just under another weapon just because of pure ilvl difference. In my case at least I know a lot of my guild members will be seeking the mace which works fine for me since the dagger gives me exactly what I need, more Haste, Mastery, and Spell power.

Thx for the replies
    Noone even killed HC elite protectors on either size yet and only a few people got the dagger through coin bug. Besides few chosen guilds, noone else will touch that loot for months, its pretty obvious 99,9% of raiders will aim for the sha hammer as their bis.

Also don't forget you will be able to add a prismatic socket to a sha-touched weapon which would give it an additional 160 int.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=93403

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Noone even killed HC elite protectors on either size yet and only a few people got the dagger through coin bug. Besides few chosen guilds, noone else will touch that loot for months, its pretty obvious 99,9% of raiders will aim for the sha hammer as their bis.
    That might be the case for some guilds that they have to wait months but some others can do it, my point though was that the dagger is BiS regardless of when people kill Heroic Elite.

Also don't forget you will be able to add a prismatic socket to a sha-touched weapon which would give it an additional 160 int.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=93403
    hmm forgot about that part this will definitely put things in Kri'tak's favor but I have to check values for stats but with that socket in mind Mace might just barely be better.

Deleted
    Tiny concern here:

My Shaman (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rbury/advanced).

I've checked profiles of similarly geared Shamans and notice they easily have more Mastery and Haste than me. I'm not performing too bad (percentile 80-87 on my recorded fights in 10N), but still my secondary stats feel low.

Is it something that I should be concerned about? Or simply wait for better drops and not give a fig . I hope to see Elegon down soon for the trinket, it's got to happen soon...

This is a great guide!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a question: With new trinkets from Shieldwall reputation, does BiS for trinkets changing?

I doubt it, the Shieldwall Reputation trinket is good and will probably rank high on the list but I dont think it will be as good as Relic or EoT HC but given some of us wont see EoT HC for some time I wonder how it would compare to EoT normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    I doubt it, the Shieldwall Reputation trinket is good and will probably rank high on the list but I dont think it will be as good as Relic or EoT HC but given some of us wont see EoT HC for some time I wonder how it would compare to EoT normal.
    its probably overall weaker just due to being on use trinket rather than proc, but int use that can be stacked with Ascendance and cant really be wasted unlike haste proc during other haste effects (BL, Garajal etc) has much more munchkiny potential for WoL rank hunting tbh. I would even say that this tier is pretty underwhelming trinket-wise for elemental. two on use crit trinkets, one with from-DoT-only proc and one haste proc - pretty much everything eleshaman wouldnt want. Relic and the new rep trinket are the only saving grace.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    its probably overall weaker just due to being on use trinket rather than proc, but int use that can be stacked with Ascendance and cant really be wasted unlike haste proc during other haste effects (BL, Garajal etc) has much more munchkiny potential for WoL rank hunting tbh. I would even say that this tier is pretty underwhelming trinket-wise for elemental. two on use crit trinkets, one with from-DoT-only proc and one haste proc - pretty much everything eleshaman wouldnt want. Relic and the new rep trinket are the only saving grace.
    I agree that this tier was underwhelming trinket wise for ele, although I wouldnt say on use trinkets are necessarily "bad" especially since the one in question is on a 1 min CD with 3k+ int which can be lined up nicely as you said with Ascendance and I'd think it could be ready for when your other trinket proc / cloak enchant / Jade Spirit etc etc.

Im waiting patiently to see if Endus and the others are working on listing that trinket on the trinkets list and how it compares to normal version trinkets like EoT and LoTC hopefully it'll be up there soon :P

So I've been hunting and i just can't seem to find a general dpet/dpct for elemental, anyone know if one is out there or where i may find it?

Any new Infos according the trinket from Operation: Shieldwall?

I have Relic and the LFR-Version of the EoT-Trinket. Would it be worth changing LFR-EoT against this trinket? Should i switch back to EoT if i get a hand on the EoT out of normal version?
    Questions over Questions.... Answers?

Deleted
    Got 2 questions:

1. With 4 set bonus would it be better to switch from Elemental Blast to Primal Elementalist since the rate at which we gain 7 charges for Fulmination will be way higher and since ES has priority over EB?

2. Did anyone do the math on the Dominance trinket? Would that trinket be better then EoT? Cause I find that EoT doesn't always proc, even if it's at the start of the fight, when I pop all my shit for Ascendance.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistripper View Post
    1. With 4 set bonus would it be better to switch from Elemental Blast to Primal Elementalist since the rate at which we gain 7 charges for Fulmination will be way higher and since ES has priority over EB?
    Priority Lists
    Single Target, Stationary
    1. Cast Flame Shock IF the DoT has expired or has 1 tick remaining.
    2. IF you have the L90 talent Unleashed Fury, cast Unleash Elements
    3. Cast Lava Burst IF it is off cooldown AND Flame Shock is on the target
    4. IF you have the L90 talent Elemental Blast, cast Elemental Blast
    5. Cast Earth Shock IF Lightning Shield is at 6-7 charges.

I don't see how ES has priority over EB here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistripper View Post
    2. Did anyone do the math on the Dominance trinket? Would that trinket be better then EoT? Cause I find that EoT doesn't always proc, even if it's at the start of the fight, when I pop all my shit for Ascendance.
    I didn't do the math to compare both trinkets under ideal conditions, and I suppose EoT will be better in this case, as Dominance trinket only gives ~960 Intellect (when used on cooldown). But I got the Dominance trinket for myself, I really like the ability to control my burst and avoid situations of trinket proccing in the most inappropriate times. Or not proccing at all.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    Priority Lists
    Single Target, Stationary
    1. Cast Flame Shock IF the DoT has expired or has 1 tick remaining.
    2. IF you have the L90 talent Unleashed Fury, cast Unleash Elements
    3. Cast Lava Burst IF it is off cooldown AND Flame Shock is on the target
    4. IF you have the L90 talent Elemental Blast, cast Elemental Blast
    5. Cast Earth Shock IF Lightning Shield is at 6-7 charges.

I don't see how ES has priority over EB here.
    Ok. My bad on that one. But I did see some post/s where people stated that ES has priority over EB. I'm gonna link their reasoning for that once I find them.

Cheers for the guide. I do have one (Newbie) question.

I've been tinkering a bit with Elemental lately, and after a bit of time at the training dummies, I realised something quite dumb. Your Earth Elemental's Taunt is on auto-cast. I can disable it, obviously, but since it and Fire Elemental use the same pet bar, one of the Fire Elemental's attacks will no longer be on auto-cast if I disable taunt. Is this a product of my bar addon (Bartender4), or general behavior of the bar?

In heroics, a tank getting a group taunted is obviously only a minor annoyance. A boss is more of an annoyance, and.. I assume the taunt doesn't work on raid bosses? Please tell me it doesn't, and how you get around this problem in general, if you use Earth Elemental Totem at all.

Edit: Perhaps this is a problem only if you use PE? I suppose I could just switch to EB, though having tried it, I found it more clunky not being able to move as much due to one more cast-time spell. (I use the LB glyph to allow seamless repositioning)
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2012-12-22 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't be an issue, really; the earth elemental taunt doesn't affect raid bosses. In 5-mans, as you said, you neither really need the extra "oomph", and it makes for a nice save if the tank screws up. Soloing, the taunt is useful since it keeps stuff off you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    • Critical Strike Rating: This stat increases our chance to deal additional (250% because of our passive Elemental Fury, and bumped up to 259% with the Chaotic meta gem) damage on every spell that we cast.
    Evidence of this? Elemental Fury increases Critical Bonus damage by 50%, but the base spell crit bonus damage has always been 150% (except for Mages and Warlocks as of 4.0.1). There have been absolutely no patch notes documented or undocumented about the base spell critical strike damage bonus as an entirety being increased to 200%.

See: http://www.wowpedia.org/Elemental_Fury