Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Didn't know where else to post this, but been going through dungeon journal to check weapons for 5.2. For some reason when you filter on elemental, the staves from horridon and twin consort don't show up. I assume this is a bug? Hopefully gets fixed soon since dungeon journal filter is probably directly related to extra coin roles in case anyone would try and get them from these bosses.

Great and wise Endus,

Can you please tell us is Unleashed Fury a viable pick for the Elemental since 5.2?

Also do we just spam Lightning Bolt during Unleashed Fury's debuff (10 seconds) or we also use Lava Burst?

Also, during (in the middle of) Ascendance, do we use Unleashed Fury for the 10% buff for lava burst damage? Or we simply ignore Unleashed Fury while we are in Ascendance?
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-03-15 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not viable for PvE, no. If you want to add something to your rotation, EB is still providing a greater DPS boost. If you DO decide to use it, though, you'd use LvB, not just spam LBs, with the new change. PE and EB are both solid picks for 5.2, though.

It's probably not worth using for Ascendance unless your LvB cast time is down to 1 second; you'd need to get 10 buffed LvBs off in the buff duration to make up the cost of the GCD, roughly. As it stands, it doesn't quite make that up, since UE itself is on the GCD and burns the first second.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guide's been updated for 5.2. At this point, the spell, talent, glyph, and rotation sections have all been updated. The gearing section has not, at this point; determining BiS lists is more work than what we've done up to this point. The general advice in that section still applies, however; the only thing to be aware of is that it lacks specific T15 suggestions.

Not a lot of changes, really; most of what changed for 5.2 were behind-the-scenes boosts that didn't affect our basic gameplay in any deep, fundamental ways.

Just asking if the Volatile talisman of the Shado-pan assault (1467 int and 8800haste for 10sec proc) is worth buying. Is it?
    You can check my current trinkets from armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Guuggel/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Guuggel View Post
    Just asking if the Volatile talisman of the Shado-pan assault (1467 int and 8800haste for 10sec proc) is worth buying. Is it?
    You can check my current trinkets from armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Guuggel/simple
    Guuggel, in the case where you aren't able to sim it, I will say that the new trinket is better than your current 496 trinket for any build.

Cleaving:
    Single target rotation & substitute Chain Lightning (either glyphed or unglyphed) in place of Lightning Bolt

I will ask about it just to be sure. It is DPS gain if I use glyphed chain on two targets (in the rotation) insted of LB?

Does the fire elemental benefit from spell power or is it just intellect still ? I can't remember seems to me it was changed to spell power but I can't find it currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoptam View Post
    Cleaving:
    Single target rotation & substitute Chain Lightning (either glyphed or unglyphed) in place of Lightning Bolt

I will ask about it just to be sure. It is DPS gain if I use glyphed chain on two targets (in the rotation) insted of LB?
    Yes, it's still a gain on two targets. LB took a 13% jump, but CL also got a boost, in that it doesn't lose damage per jump. The effect on CL's actually greater, even on just two targets, even when glyphed.

LB went from 150% damage to 170%. That's a ~13% jump. CL, glyphed, used to be a 90% initial hit, with a 63% secondary hit, for a total of 153% of single target damage to two targets; now it does 180%, and that's a ~17% gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid1 View Post
    Does the fire elemental benefit from spell power or is it just intellect still ? I can't remember seems to me it was changed to spell power but I can't find it currently.
    There's no effective difference between the two; mechanically speaking, what Intellect gives you that boosts your performance is spellpower. So yes, the Fire Elemental benefits from spellpower sources as well, limited though those are.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Didn't know where else to post this, but been going through dungeon journal to check weapons for 5.2. For some reason when you filter on elemental, the staves from horridon and twin consort don't show up. I assume this is a bug? Hopefully gets fixed soon since dungeon journal filter is probably directly related to extra coin roles in case anyone would try and get them from these bosses.
    Because you prolly shouldn't waste a coin trying to get a staff on a shaman.
    do what you feel.

I have a question after looking through you guide.

With Primal Elementalist having a strong showing/effective use this tier, I've been playing around with tier 60 talents. According to your guide, you're suggesting Ancestral Swiftness is the strongest pairing. Care to explain/elaborate? I never saw the value in a flat 5% haste for Ele Shaman and the instant cast seems to be very minimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal6 View Post
    I have a question after looking through you guide.

With Primal Elementalist having a strong showing/effective use this tier, I've been playing around with tier 60 talents. According to your guide, you're suggesting Ancestral Swiftness is the strongest pairing. Care to explain/elaborate? I never saw the value in a flat 5% haste for Ele Shaman and the instant cast seems to be very minimal.
    The value in the flat 5% is close to the value of EotE on it's own; EotE is a 6% chance to proc, so about a 6% bump. The instant cast makes up a small amount of the difference, but the bulk of that gap is made up by the passive Haste on the enhanced Elementals; the Elementals use melee haste for their attacks, so they're getting the extra 5% that was added for melee haste in 5.2.

It's a very passive combination, to be sure, but the numbers prop it up as viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The value in the flat 5% is close to the value of EotE on it's own; EotE is a 6% chance to proc, so about a 6% bump. The instant cast makes up a small amount of the difference, but the bulk of that gap is made up by the passive Haste on the enhanced Elementals; the Elementals use melee haste for their attacks, so they're getting the extra 5% that was added for melee haste in 5.2.

It's a very passive combination, to be sure, but the numbers prop it up as viable.

Elementals getting the 10% Haste is something I didn't know - which is quite cool. Would you recommend using the AS on just a lightning bolt then or any time we may get a good EQ off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal6 View Post
    Elementals getting the 10% Haste is something I didn't know - which is quite cool. Would you recommend using the AS on just a lightning bolt then or any time we may get a good EQ off?
    If there's a lot of AoE, it's better used for EQ, if the adds will stand in it and take damage the whole duration.

Otherwise, yeah, use it on LB. It's not a huge gain, but it's something. The big reason to take AS is the passive haste boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    When should I drop the 4 piece, I have lfr helm and chest a can replace with 506 and 502 I take it the stat gain now out weighs the bonus?

Deleted
    is Glyph of FE good with AS/PE?

Hey guys. I saw the thread title changed to 5.2. Yet it still has old aoe recommendation such as earthquake with over 5 adds when chain lightning is so much stronger now. Some useful breakpoints would be nice like eg 12 targets etc (not that we'll probably cast earthquake this tier).

Deleted
    Just a few clarification-questions.

If i'm reading this correctly, it's viable to remove Elemental blast, and go with Primal Elementalist instead? The only difference then would be that you'd remove elemental blast from the rotation?

And if you haven't specced Unleash Fury, you shoulden't use Unleash Elements at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It is not worth using Flame Shock on additional targets if you're facing 2-3 targets. This is because the damage output of Earth Shock at 7 charges is roughly the same as Flame Shock & Lava Burst, and when using Chain Lightning to cleave you'll be generating more Lightning Shield charges than normal.
    Does this include lava surge procs?
    I've always felt (no math, personal exp) having up to 3 flame shocks active is manageable on three targets, and usually resluts in a ton of procs which helps focus a single target down, especially when cleaving isn't possible.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zugrim View Post
    Just a few clarification-questions.

If i'm reading this correctly, it's viable to remove Elemental blast, and go with Primal Elementalist instead? The only difference then would be that you'd remove elemental blast from the rotation?

And if you haven't specced Unleash Fury, you shoulden't use Unleash Elements at all?
    Seems like EB and PE are on par right now, you can remove elemental blast if you like, personally I enjoy it in my rotation but am thinking about taking it out. Primal elementalist is clearly better for movement fights, but neither are hands down better. Earthquake is now only more viable on 6 or more targets, it really just needs to come off the cast bar imo.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-03-21 at 08:59 AM.