Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im quite unsure about my trinket options and would like some help. Ive got the 384 relic, the LFR breath of Hydra and the LFR Unherring vision of Lei Shen. I love my relic, but im wondering if im just holding back on the 2 LFR trinkets. Ive tryed Unherring vision, but i wasn't sure if the proc is worth the difference.

The other trinket im using is the Shado-Pan one.

Deleted
    I have just rerolled ele and am in my 3rd lockout with the new character. I am enjoying it a lot but aside from this guide a lot of the information on stat priority seems to be very vague. I have ran my gear through simc and it seems to spit out haste=mastery>crit and currently I am gearing haste > mastery > crit.

Armory

I have been told that as soon as I hit 4 piece and/or meta I am to switch to Mastery > haste > crit but I could stick with my current reforge priorities np. I am extremely inexperienced with this class and the different information flying around seems to tell me its a fluid situation. Still any help concerning reforges would be much appreciated.

Brewid.

(Oh btw I run Echo+EB on low movement and Echo+PE on high movement fights if that is of any importance.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Im quite unsure about my trinket options and would like some help. Ive got the 384 relic, the LFR breath of Hydra and the LFR Unherring vision of Lei Shen. I love my relic, but im wondering if im just holding back on the 2 LFR trinkets. Ive tryed Unherring vision, but i wasn't sure if the proc is worth the difference.

The other trinket im using is the Shado-Pan one.
    unerring vision's value is mainly in the passive int. elemental can't really do anything special with the proc, apart from hoping they can fire a 7 stack fulmination during the proc. most other classes can either recast their DoTs in there or time it with a big spell like a chaos bolt. shamans get nothing special from crits and, apart from 250% crits, don't have a really good reason to stack it.

breath of the hydra is a really good trinket for elemental. passive haste and an int proc that has nice uptime.

i'd go for relic and breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks alot. Will try that out.

gearing question, yeah i know one of those again, but I tried looking around and everything I found is just the two BiS trinkets not an actual ranking

have unupgraded relic, essence of terror, and the Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen (both of the last ones lfr quality)

what's the best combo of those? was thinking relic+UV but not 100% sure

I hate trinkets -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been away for a LOOOONG time but I still read the forums. That being said, I am pretty out of touch with how Ele actually plays and how changes like the LvB one will effect it. The .5 to cast time obviously stinks, but the 25% more damage sounds like a HUGE buff for all of those instant casts.

So yeah, is it a buff or a nerf?
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    I have been away for a LOOOONG time but I still read the forums. That being said, I am pretty out of touch with how Ele actually plays and how changes like the LvB one will effect it. The .5 to cast time obviously stinks, but the 25% more damage sounds like a HUGE buff for all of those instant casts.

So yeah, is it a buff or a nerf?
    Around a 6% single target buff.

Source: http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthre...4342#post84342

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    Around a 6% single target buff.

Source: http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthre...4342#post84342
    Thanks brutha
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Kinda new the shaman here as well, started playing my ele alt a lot recently. Since mastery seems the best bet after getting the legendary meta, will the increased cast time on LvB cause haste to rise in value again (even with meta?) after patch hits? Since it should stop the gcd capping during Ascendance right?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    In the same linkin the post above yours Binkenstein explans that Haste>Mastery now seems to sim as a 2400 dps increase over Mastery>Haste I believe even with 4pc and meta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    In the same linkin the post above yours Binkenstein explans that Haste>Mastery now seems to sim as a 2400 dps increase over Mastery>Haste I believe even with 4pc and meta
    Correct. The difference is still only 1.1% though, so it really doesn't matter "alot." Ofcourse you should do anything to maximize, but the higher ilvl budget is most likely the better choice. Also, this change makes crit less appealing again, compared to the other stats, which is abit sad, crit isn't bad though.

Deleted
    Elemental is my OS (resto MS), I'm just wondering about trinkets in general. Mainly UVLS and Wushoolay, are these good for elementals at all? I got Wushoolay from LFR and it seem a bit bad, I'm using Volatile and Shock-Charger Medallion at the moment.

Deleted
    For those interested, I'm currently working on the leveling section, split per 10 levels with suggestions for glyphs, talents and gear. once it's finished, i'll PM it to Endus for approval. I hope to have it submitted by the end of the week.

Ok with the changes to Lava Burst in 5.3, how does the talent Unleashed Fury now compete with the other lvl90 talents?

Also how does the basic spell Unleash Elements rank now with buffed Lava Burst, is it worth casting the basic UE to buff our new Lava Burst?

I'd like to know whether you guys have also found that 2Haste/Mastery > 1 int (at about 520 ilvl and above, at least). It seems that way based on this post: http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=91

And regarding the supposed Lava Burst buff: A bit underwhelmed. I expected a lot more DPS, but I'm thinking a lot of my increased DPS this week came from the item upgrading, and it really wasn't that pronounced as I thought it would be. Burst is lower now as well. I'd like to know what other shammies are seeing from the buff.

There is a pending update for the guide, bringing it up to 5.3. Just waiting on Endus to copy it over, or you can refer to the original at Totemspot.com

I gotta ask, is the basic Unleash Elements worth casting to buff our new Lava Burst?

Since Lava Burst hits that much harder (as well as it's mastery copy and Echo copy), perhaps the basic Unleash Elements is finally worth using in a PvE rotation?

What would be the ideal opener with EB? Lava Ele snapshots int buffs, right? So pre-pot, FS, LvB, EB, wait for trinks/enchants then drop FE, Stormlash and Ascendance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umira View Post
    What would be the ideal opener with EB? Lava Ele snapshots int buffs, right?
    If you mean Fire Elemental Totem, then answer is no, pets/guardians are not snapshotting stats/buffs anymore and scaling in real time.

The opener has been discussed a lot. Assuming EB build:

1. Prepot and Elemental Blast at 2 seconds.
    2. Flameshock
    3. Lava Burst
    4. Fire Elemental
    5. Stormlash + Ascendance (which some people macro together, some don't. I don't recommend you macro together always).
    6. Lava Burst spam.

Some Shaman insist that your FE should be before flameshock so it gets "triggered" to dps boss.

My thoughts are that you want your Flameshock out first, so that you might get lucky with Lava Surge proces (which I've gotten 2-3 sometimes before even my first ascendance).

Either way though, the difference is probably not very noticeable over the entire fight, really.