Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now that heroic raids are opening up, any plans on updating the BiS trinket list?

Quote Originally Posted by JKim View Post
    Now that heroic raids are opening up, any plans on updating the BiS trinket list?
    It has been updated (see: totemspot) but Endus hasn't updated the changes across yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    It has been updated (see: totemspot) but Endus hasn't updated the changes across yet.
    Just took care of that; the updated trinket list is there as of now.

Would appreciate if you could tell me if there's anything I should correct, first real raid for my shaman tonight.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ilgun/advanced

Also, chain lightning is still a dps increase on two targets right? Should I drop chain lightning glyph and glyph telluric currents instead, for Stone Guard 10N?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Would appreciate if you could tell me if there's anything I should correct, first real raid for my shaman tonight.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ilgun/advanced

Also, chain lightning is still a dps increase on two targets right? Should I drop chain lightning glyph and glyph telluric currents instead, for Stone Guard 10N?
    Definitely use Glyph of Telluric Currents on Stone Guard, it allows you to spam chain lightning when two bosses are within each other, which is a dps increase. Also Ancestral Guidance is usually better than HTT for ele/enha, if you aren't required to drop totem during phases when you can't do damage.

Other than that, you seem to be ready
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

btw is it only me who thinks that our t14 2 and 4p bonis are crap compared to the other classes bonis... 1k and 2,4k dps ... @ 100k dps this is nothing p.e. dk 2p is better than our 2+4p together...

Hey everyone, silly questions as I recently swapped from rogue to shaman. I just obtained the DMC today. Prior to it I was running alchy stone/flashfrozen globule. I was curious if I could get a link to the site that you guys use to sim new gear for upgrades.

edit: I know of askmrrobot, and it gives me a "score" which shows the best combo as DMC card + alchy stone, but I don't know how a score works vs an actual sim considering I can use the globule in junction with ascendance almost every time.
    Last edited by Reptar; 2012-11-05 at 03:40 AM.

I would appreciate if I could get some advice on handling Elegon sparks... in general I have a pretty easy time with them but sometimes if I don't get any Lava Surge proccs I feel a bit screwed. I'm trying to keep up flame shock on the boss for a somewhat reliable procc generation but as you get to the later waves (4-5) the shock cd can feel too damn long, haha. I actually moved Unleash Elements back to my bars for this since it might be able to finish off a 1% hp spark... tried Thunderstorm on a very low hp spark when I didn't have the time for a cast time spell. Wasn't enough and then we had a 1% wipe. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    Definitely use Glyph of Telluric Currents on Stone Guard, it allows you to spam chain lightning when two bosses are within each other, which is a dps increase.
    I don`t understand this at all, see http://www.wowhead.com/talent#s|zb
    The tooltip of Telluric Currents doesn`t refer to the use of chain lightning, but just only to the use of lightning bolt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    I would appreciate if I could get some advice on handling Elegon sparks... in general I have a pretty easy time with them but sometimes if I don't get any Lava Surge proccs I feel a bit screwed. I'm trying to keep up flame shock on the boss for a somewhat reliable procc generation but as you get to the later waves (4-5) the shock cd can feel too damn long, haha. I actually moved Unleash Elements back to my bars for this since it might be able to finish off a 1% hp spark... tried Thunderstorm on a very low hp spark when I didn't have the time for a cast time spell. Wasn't enough and then we had a 1% wipe. Sigh.
    Spec Elemental blast, win at life. That should get you enough burst to kill 5 waves even on heroic.

Don't forget the other minor details, such as having a searing totem up (and possibly an earth elemental). If other people need help with theirs and your dps in P1 is fine - use stormlash on the last set.

Quote Originally Posted by Kigama View Post
    I don`t understand this at all, see http://www.wowhead.com/talent#s|zb
    The tooltip of Telluric Currents doesn`t refer to the use of chain lightning, but just only to the use of lightning bolt
    That is correct. However, you sometimes have to move during this encounter, to avoid Cobalt Mines, Amethyst Pools, or damage from Jasper Chains. At this time you use Lightning Bolt and your mana goes up a lot.
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Alector View Post
    btw is it only me who thinks that our t14 2 and 4p bonis are crap compared to the other classes bonis... 1k and 2,4k dps ... @ 100k dps this is nothing p.e. dk 2p is better than our 2+4p together...
    It is under powered compared to other dps class set bonuses but not by much. Here is some data my guild mates are telling me:
    (Assuming BIS gear)
    Elemental 2+4 set: 3800dps
    Warlock Afflic 2+4 set: 4900dps
    Moonkin 2+4 set: 4900dps
    Rogue Ass/Comb 2+4 set: 4700dps

Haven't seen other class bonus gains yet but so far we are just about 1k behind the others I have seen.

Deleted
    Shado-Pan revered trinket or LFR Light of the Cosmos? :<

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Shado-Pan revered trinket or LFR Light of the Cosmos? :<
    Light of the Cosmos. Check AskMrRobot

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Mordret View Post
    Light of the Cosmos. Check AskMrRobot
    AskMrRobot gives bad advice on trinkets.

Give me some advice on my best upgrade. I've got about 1800 VP and I can buy whatever. I'll have the klaxxi exalted ring this week. I'm not allowed to post links yet, but I'm Axon on Blackrock.

I'm thinking trinket, neck, or belt...maybe even helm. I've got waterburst helm, a blue neck, and that POS DPS trinket from direbrew.
    Last edited by Axon14; 2012-11-12 at 04:36 AM.

Endus, so you say in your guide that the stat priority is much closer and that we should not focus all reforges to haste. That we should balance the stats out. I simed my character on simcraft and it says Haste -> Mastery -> Crit. So why would you not get as much Haste as you can then as much Mastery as you can and the least Crit as we can have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Endus, so you say in your guide that the stat priority is much closer and that we should not focus all reforges to haste. That we should balance the stats out. I simed my character on simcraft and it says Haste -> Mastery -> Crit. So why would you not get as much Haste as you can then as much Mastery as you can and the least Crit as we can have?
    The short answer is because after you reforge a bit of that to Haste, your stats will shift, and the priority may shift as well. This is particularly true if you're swapping T4 and/or T6 talents; you're probably running sims on one set of talents, and changing those talents can pretty significantly change your stat priorities; keeping your gear more balanced may mean it's marginally less optimal for one talent layout, but more for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The short answer is because after you reforge a bit of that to Haste, your stats will shift, and the priority may shift as well. This is particularly true if you're swapping T4 and/or T6 talents; you're probably running sims on one set of talents, and changing those talents can pretty significantly change your stat priorities; keeping your gear more balanced may mean it's marginally less optimal for one talent layout, but more for another.
    Huh, alright but the stat weight for Haste seems much higher than Mastery at every gear level for me..

I currently use Echo of the Elements and Elemental Blast as my 2 T4/T6 talents. I've noticed that all the fights so far seem to favor those talents, have you encountered any fights where other talents win out?

Also do you think they'll fix the T13 Resto prepull trick anytime soon? I'm wondering if I should take the time to farm it since my guild's other Ele shaman believes its essentially an extra hero for us.
    Last edited by JKim; 2012-11-12 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    Also do you think they'll fix the T13 Resto prepull trick anytime soon? I'm wondering if I should take the time to farm it since my guild's other Ele shaman believes its essentially an extra hero for us.
    There was a blue twitter post about it recently. Someone asked them about it and they didn't even realise it was a thing. To be honest I doubt it will be fixed this tier, at least not until progression is over. Much bigger things to care about and unlike say the Mage Mirror Images bonus not everyone is using this because not everyone bothered to collect the 4pResto bonus back in Dragon Soul because so many people killed DS before they had a change to collect 8 tier pieces (ele 4p then resto 4p) and those that did still need it didn't bother.

With the Mage bonus EVERYONE already had the 4p bonus so they had to nerf it because so many people would use it, with ours most don't even have it (deleted it/never collected it) and those that do have it many don't bother using it. Because of this its not really come to the forefront of people's attentions and thus I doubt the devs will put time into changing it. It will almost certainly be fixed before 5.2 though I'd think. Worth grabbing though if your like 1 piece away and your guildies are willing to go with you to blow up Dragon Soul. Just remember that if you're an engineer don't use the gloves as one of the pieces of gear you switch as you will put the glove enchant on cooldown for 30 (?) seconds after putting them back on.