... LastLast
    Deleted
    While on the topic of using t13 pre combat, here's a useful macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip spiritwalker's grace
    /equipset [modifier:shift] <T13 gearset name>; <Normal gearset name>
    /cast spiritwalker's grace
    /cast [nocombat] Potion of the Jade Serpent
    Shift click to equip the t13 gearset use spiritwalker's and prepot, click normally right after to equip your normal gear. Can be used instead of your generic spiritwalker's grace bind.

Also from the resto thread:
    Summons the elemental that isn't on cooldown (with fire one as a priority) and uses the channeling ability on the next button press. If pressed again it cancels the channel so you can use the elemental for raid dps. If you're using the fire ele glyph for a specific boss set castsequence reset to 180:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Fire Elemental Totem
    /cancelaura Empower
    /cancelaura Reinforce
    /cast [@pet,exists] Empower
    /cast [@pet,exists] Reinforce
    /castsequence reset=300 Fire Elemental Totem, Earth Elemental totem

Seems the image from the trinket comparison is gone (also on totemspot).

I was wondering how the updated alchemist stone would rank between the other trinkets. (iirc it was on par with LFR trinkets and better than shadopan, BoE trinket from MSV).

Got a question regarding the Luminescent Firefly Wristguards Heroic version in the Heroic BiS list

The source is listed as the BM AH but have anyone actually confirmed that a heroic ilvl item can be purchased from the BM AH ? I tried looking for a source to confirm but couldnt find any and I find it very hard to believe that you can buy an item like that just off the BM AH.

Deleted
    You can buy them, if you are lucky and have the gold to spend thereon.

Last item i witnessed was the heroic cloak from first boss in this upcoming terace instance - above 200k bid in the end.

So you can even buy gear that is not yet obtainable

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 02:43 PM ----------

You can buy them, if you are lucky and have the gold to spend thereon.

Last item i witnessed was the heroic cloak from first boss in this upcoming terace instance - above 200k bid in the end.

So you can even buy gear that is not yet obtainable

Seal of the Prime or Seal of the Lucid? I am the switch bitch in my guild's raid, so I heal and DPS. I am already hit capped, so I am leaning toward seal of the prime (the healer ring). I currently have the Lotus VP ring and fragment of fear made flesh from LFR for DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    Seems the image from the trinket comparison is gone (also on totemspot).

I was wondering how the updated alchemist stone would rank between the other trinkets. (iirc it was on par with LFR trinkets and better than shadopan, BoE trinket from MSV).
    I've re-hosted the image on my own imgur account, it should be working again.

As far as the zen alchemist stone; it's gaining 8 ilvls, so it'll gain some value, but not a huge amount. It'll end up slightly ahead of where it's at now, behind the (H) trinkets still but on par or better than the Normal/LFR ones.

yo guys,

wanted to ask about Fire Elemental and trinket/pot/buffs usage. If I am correct we used to use trinks/pots and such before popping Fire Elemental but before MoP hit the fans I think I saw somehere that it will no longer be the case for expansion. Does fire elemental still take stat snapshot when cast (for the entire duration) or it has the stats of the shaman in real time. It has probably been answered before but I cant find that anywhere.

Thx in advance

Hoptam :-)
    Last edited by Hoptam; 2012-11-18 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoptam View Post
    yo guys,

wanted to ask about Fire Elemental and trinket/pot/buffs usage. If I am correct we used to use trinks/pots and such before popping Fire Elemental but before MoP hit the fans I think I saw somehere that it will no longer be the case for expansion. Does fire elemental still take stat snapshot when cast (for the entire duration) or it has the stats of the shaman in real time. It has probably been answered before but I cant find that anywhere.

Thx in advance

Hoptam :-)
    No, you're Fire Elemental updates dynamically now. When you gain a buff it gains a buff.

Regarding the trinket list if I want to calculate the value of a trinket for my own character how should I do that ?

Is it (Trinket Stat Proc Value X Stat Weight Value) + (Trinket Stat Equip Value X Stat Weight Value) ?

example (made up numbers)

Trinket X
    Equip: 3k Int
    Proc: 7k Haste

Int stat weight: 2.99
    Haste stat weight: 1.50

So 7k x 1.50 + 3k x 2.99

is that correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    Regarding the trinket list if I want to calculate the value of a trinket for my own character how should I do that ?

Is it (Trinket Stat Proc Value X Stat Weight Value) + (Trinket Stat Equip Value X Stat Weight Value) ?

example (made up numbers)

Trinket X
    Equip: 3k Int
    Proc: 7k Haste

Int stat weight: 2.99
    Haste stat weight: 1.50

So 7k x 1.50 + 3k x 2.99

is that correct ?
    No. The values posted for the trinkets are the weights, so you'd do Equip Stat * Weight + Proc Weight

Got a question; Caraoace Breaker and Inscribed jade fan vs Inscribed Serpent staff?

compare stats first then do two sims for both items and that should give you a clear answer

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    No. The values posted for the trinkets are the weights, so you'd do Equip Stat * Weight + Proc Weight
    Alright thx Bink

Endus/Bink,

Do either of you have any plans on taking the BiS list and figuring out the best order for Valor Point Item Upgrades? Would be a great tool to figure out which upgrade will be the most bang for the proverbial buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunhunglo View Post
    Endus/Bink,

Do either of you have any plans on taking the BiS list and figuring out the best order for Valor Point Item Upgrades? Would be a great tool to figure out which upgrade will be the most bang for the proverbial buck.
    Upgrade them in order of how likely you are to replace them. It's not that hard, really. Plus making an "upgrade order" assumes you have the complete "best-in-slot" set, which I find very hard to believe at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Binkenstein said, upgrade the pieces you won't upgrade till next tier first; upgrading an LFR piece will be a waste of VP if the Normal/Heroic version drops this week. Other than that, check which pieces have the greater Intellect; some pieces of gear (chest, for instance) have a higher stat budget than others (like bracers), which is why they cost different amounts of VP at the vendors. Upgrade those higher-budgeted pieces first, as each item level has greater value.

None of this is specific to Shaman, either; these are the basic rules everyone will be following.

Deleted
    I assume best-in-slot stays best-in-slot after it is upgraded.

Hence, the Darkmoon Card stays BIS of all the upgraded trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Upgrade them in order of how likely you are to replace them. It's not that hard, really. Plus making an "upgrade order" assumes you have the complete "best-in-slot" set, which I find very hard to believe at the moment.
    I was thinking more along the lines of DPS gain from BIS item to Upgraded BIS item.

My theory was that I would upgrade any BIS items I have first (because I will not be replacing them this tier) but if I have 4 BIS items I would like to upgrade the best ones first. I guess it is really nitpicking but I was just curious if this was something planned or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking more along the lines of DPS gain from BIS item to Upgraded BIS item.

My theory was that I would upgrade any BIS items I have first (because I will not be replacing them this tier) but if I have 4 BIS items I would like to upgrade the best ones first. I guess it is really nitpicking but I was just curious if this was something planned or not.
    Not really, because it's a pretty simple math question.

Either Sleepwalkers Grace is bugged or they nerfed it to defeat the T13-4set bonus trick.

It seems to drop off as soon as combat starts now. Still testing it though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Either Sleepwalkers Grace is bugged or they nerfed it to defeat the T13-4set bonus trick.

It seems to drop off as soon as combat starts now. Still testing it though.
    It's been fixed. Noticed this tonight as well, sigh!