Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Haste and mastery are really close in value at pretty much any gearing time right now. The main thing why people go for mastery > haste is that mastery gives a ton better cleave/AoE results than haste, while only dropping their singletarget dps by 0.x%.
    Don't use the mastery/haste JC-only gems. 160 intellect is worth more than 160 mastery or haste.

I have a question about PE. I like the talent but my fire ele/earth ele keep having everything auto cast even when I undo it on abilities. Is there a way to fix this and what abilities should my fire ele be casting to max dps? all or just 1 or ?

The Earth and Fire elementals share a pet action bar due to an oversight by Blizz. As a result, if you turn off the auto-taunt for Earth Ele, it turns off Fire Blast for the Fire Elemental. The common solution for this is to turn off Auto Fire Blast but macro Fire blast into your lightning bolt, shocks, and lava burst.

So I can't tell if I'm any good at my shaman yet. My gear is pretty garbage but just trying to figure out if my performance is decent for what I'm working with. I know the bracers aren't enchanted!

I'm pulling around 65k-70k dps with this gear, 481 ilvl with a 429 weap and garbage trinkets. I popped some valo for upgrades so I could get in ToT on my lazy weekend. I initially started gearing resto months ago and just started back up with the shaman this time as elemental. Been running heroics every day and used all 10 elders I've got trying to get a better damn weapon... It's only been since about Wednesday however... Take a look, thanks in advance!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uckslap/simple

Deleted
    You can get a guaranteed 450 weapon from the scenario Arena of annihilation, or get a crafted 463 (shouldn't be expensive anymore really). I'd also recommend using valors to buy 522 gear, not upgrade 489/502 pieces, it'll be a much better upgrade.

Edit: as to what numbers you should be pulling, a bit weird to judge given trinkets/weapons but 70k with that gear doesn't seem bad no.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    You can get a guaranteed 450 weapon from the scenario Arena of annihilation, or get a crafted 463 (shouldn't be expensive anymore really). I'd also recommend using valors to buy 522 gear, not upgrade 489/502 pieces, it'll be a much better upgrade.

Edit: as to what numbers you should be pulling, a bit weird to judge given trinkets/weapons but 70k with that gear doesn't seem bad no.
    Thanks for the response! I forgot to mention that my main is a holy pally which is why I'm trying to be more efficient with my time and gold on the shammy. I'm one of those poor (gold wise) wow players and thus am waiting for that minimum 463 weapon to enchant. The upgrade valor thing is a poor decision on the surface I know and probably set me back a week but like I said I had a very free weekend and did the instant gratification thing!

Got the offhand from Lei Shen. Must admit I'd much rather use a shield, but I know there's very little physical dmg in raids anyway as a dps at least. Just like the idea of a shield better.

Deleted
    Hello,
    I'm here for some advice because i don't have another shaman to confront ;_;
    My rotation is: Searing totem- FS-Lava-EB-LB-ES with 6-7 stack single target.
    i can't post armory, my char is Rheastrasz on Pozzo Dell'eternità/Well of eternity i don't know how you see it ( guild Legio V Alaudae )
    I'm going full haste, and maybe i need to change the gems on staff with int-haste and leave pure int.
    I don't have logs for the dps i'm really sorry.
    if you want i can answer to some question :s
    I'm sorry for my bad english, and thank you all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheas View Post
    Hello,
    I'm here for some advice because i don't have another shaman to confront ;_;
    My rotation is: Searing totem- FS-Lava-EB-LB-ES with 6-7 stack single target.
    i can't post armory, my char is Rheastrasz on Pozzo Dell'eternità/Well of eternity i don't know how you see it ( guild Legio V Alaudae )
    I'm going full haste, and maybe i need to change the gems on staff with int-haste and leave pure int.
    I don't have logs for the dps i'm really sorry.
    if you want i can answer to some question :s
    I'm sorry for my bad english, and thank you all.
    Looking at your armory, your choices in gems seems fine to me. You could swap your weapon gems to Int/Haste and a 320 Haste, but otherwise everything looks fine. I'm not quite sure what the direct purpose of your post is. I'm assuming it relates to you feeling your DPS is low?

Considering your gems, enchants, reforging all looks okay... it's probably just coming down to key points in the rotation, which you listed.
    Never let Flame Shock fall off your target.
    Elemental Blast on CD.
    Lava Burst on CD and always cast Lava Surge procs ASAP.
    Lightning Bolt always casting as filler.
    Earth Shock on 7 stacks but never if Flame Shock is sub 5 seconds left on target as your Shock CD won't be up to refresh it when needed.
    Multi dotting with Flame Shock is something to consider on fights like Council and Megaera as you'll get more Lava Surge procs.
    Then of course the general rule of thumb, always be casting. We have Lightning Bolt + Lava Surge procs + Shocks to cast while moving, you should never stop casting.

Hopefully that will gives you a basic answer to what you were asking?

Deleted
    I've posting because i don't have another shaman ele for confront my dps/gem and choice for the rotation and watch method's shaman with mastery ^^" and i've think maybe i do something wrong.
    I don't think my dps is low..but you're reply is really helpfull, in what you've write i have only one problem.. " but never if Flame Shock is sub 5 seconds left on target as your Shock CD won't be up to refresh it when needed." sometime i've problem on this but nothing very problematic..and yes, thanks for your answer Skur.
    Sorry for bad english again :s
    Last edited by mmocf430980cd0; 2013-08-05 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skurkitty View Post
    Looking at your armory, your choices in gems seems fine to me. You could swap your weapon gems to Int/Haste and a 320 Haste, but otherwise everything looks fine. I'm not quite sure what the direct purpose of your post is. I'm assuming it relates to you feeling your DPS is low?

Considering your gems, enchants, reforging all looks okay... it's probably just coming down to key points in the rotation, which you listed.
    Never let Flame Shock fall off your target.
    Elemental Blast on CD.
    Lava Burst on CD and always cast Lava Surge procs ASAP.
    Lightning Bolt always casting as filler.
    Earth Shock on 7 stacks but never if Flame Shock is sub 5 seconds left on target as your Shock CD won't be up to refresh it when needed.
    Multi dotting with Flame Shock is something to consider on fights like Council and Megaera as you'll get more Lava Surge procs.
    Then of course the general rule of thumb, always be casting. We have Lightning Bolt + Lava Surge procs + Shocks to cast while moving, you should never stop casting.

Hopefully that will gives you a basic answer to what you were asking?

I remember reading somewhere (perhaps it was icy veins or somethin) that multi dotting with flame shock is a waste of time. I dont see how or why but i think they probably meant trash or adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I remember reading somewhere (perhaps it was icy veins or somethin) that multi dotting with flame shock is a waste of time. I dont see how or why but i think they probably meant trash or adds.
    Leeds guide on Icy Veins encourages multi dotting Flame Shock, as it should.
    Have no idea where you read that it was a waste of time... but I've never seen anything but an increase from it.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    The first time I multi-dotted on Council heroic last week I ranked for the first time on the fight. Only 6 pieces heroic and it was in the top 100. I think multi-dotting is under-valued in most Ele guides.

Here's the logs if you can make heads or tails of the multi-dotting...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0gd1hblt449et7os/

I would suggest that, with the 4piece bonus, more dots, means more lava bursts, means sooner ascendance. Might have been overlooked by TCers
    Last edited by Ardourdan; 2013-08-06 at 09:22 PM.

Is it really all that advisable to gem with a focus on secondary stats over primary? The reason I'm asking is, first of all, it's all variable. The more secondary stats you have the higher the value of the primary, and vice versa. For my Ele shaman right now, in ilvl 536 gear, int is 1, haste is 0.51, and mastery is 0.50, which would indicate it doesn't really matter if I gem 320 haste, mastery, or 160 int. However, if I push all sockets with a focus on say haste, if I re-run Simcraft, it's gonna suggest that now more haste is not as strong of a boost as going with int instead. Same thing in the other direction, if I push int, the simcraft will suggest at that point more secondary stats is better.

With that said, keeping things balanced seems better overall? So right now I put 160 int in red, 80 int / 160 haste in yellow, and 320 haste in the blank sockets or whatever they're called, I forget now. Seems to keep things fairly balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aion View Post
    Is it really all that advisable to gem with a focus on secondary stats over primary? The reason I'm asking is, first of all, it's all variable. The more secondary stats you have the higher the value of the primary, and vice versa. For my Ele shaman right now, in ilvl 536 gear, int is 1, haste is 0.51, and mastery is 0.50, which would indicate it doesn't really matter if I gem 320 haste, mastery, or 160 int. However, if I push all sockets with a focus on say haste, if I re-run Simcraft, it's gonna suggest that now more haste is not as strong of a boost as going with int instead. Same thing in the other direction, if I push int, the simcraft will suggest at that point more secondary stats is better.

With that said, keeping things balanced seems better overall? So right now I put 160 int in red, 80 int / 160 haste in yellow, and 320 haste in the blank sockets or whatever they're called, I forget now. Seems to keep things fairly balanced.
    Have no way of viewing your armory or simming you myself... but without repeating myself from what I've said on the 23rd and 24th page. I'll say this, there are very few classes at this point in the game that are still gemming for their raw primary stat. Hunters being a primary example of a massive Agi dump. Elemental Shamans however are not within that small group, Haste holds highest value at this point in the game hands down (at higher ilvls). Unless you want heavy cleave and burst damage, then taking Leeds approach of heavy mastery also has a place.

This could change in 5.4, pending how crazy Blizzard gets with stats on gear.
    Last edited by Skurkitty; 2013-08-06 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Fixed wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Aion View Post

Naturally the more you have of statistic A, the more in demand B and C become, that's just classic supply and demand. More important than your stat weights (which for gemming are most useful if you've not gemmed the socket yet) are your reforge plots comparing Haste and Mastery as well as your scaling plots. The goal is to keep intel, haste, and mastery scaling all approximately equal (intel being 2 X Haste or Mastery). Make sure you're running your scaling plots and reforge plots when you are considering your gem selections.

Quote Originally Posted by Skurkitty View Post
    Have no way of viewing your armory or simming you myself... but without repeating myself from what I've said on the 23rd and 24th page. I'll say this, there are very few classes at this point in the game that are still gemming for their raw primary stat. Hunters being a primary example of a massive Agi dump. Elemental Shamans however are not within that small group, Haste holds highest value at this point in the game hands down (at higher ilvls). Unless you want heavy cleave and burst damage, then taking Leeds approach of heavy mastery also has a place.

This could change in 5.4, pending how crazy Blizzard gets with stats on gear.
    It's worth noting that a major contributor for Haste's massive jump is its effect on RPPM trinkets. When 5.4 changes RPPM mechanics, it's highly likely that mastery will jump haste, and possibly 1 intel > 2 mastery again. Combining that with the amplification trinkets (which pose a risk at high ilvls of hardcapping mastery and going over the GCD in Heroism or Meta Proc) and it's going to be more of a concern. Now, Blizzard hasn't started tuning damage yet, but it's still worth looking into as soon as we have more number tweaking taken care of.
    Last edited by jimmyolsen; 2013-08-07 at 04:32 PM.

Sorry if this has been asked before,

I got 510 LFR Breath, 530 Woosholay, and 530 Volatile.

Now it is clearly stated in the guide that Breath is way better than Volatile; however, static value of Int on 530 one makes me think. What pair do you think i should use for max benefit?

I run a %30 haste and %37 mastery build.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zakojin/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before,

I got 510 LFR Breath, 530 Woosholay, and 530 Volatile.

Now it is clearly stated in the guide that Breath is way better than Volatile; however, static value of Int on 530 one makes me think. What pair do you think i should use for max benefit?

I run a %30 haste and %37 mastery build.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zakojin/simple
    510 Breath and 530 Wush will be your best choice, the value of RPPM trinkets and Haste right now is beyond static int on a non RPPM trinket (Volatile).

Hey there,

I have a few questions if you guys can help me out. I really suck at Simcraft and im at a point where i think i should be pulling more DPS than I am.
    Wont let me post my armory directly but the end of the url is battle net /wow/en/character/illidan/Blòódlùst/simple

My Big Questions are as follows:
    1) What are my stat weights with my gear?
    2) One of the top shamans on illidan told me that haste>Haste/Int Gems>Int Gems at my ilvl and i should take Pure haste unless i want a socket bonus is that correct?
    3) I have 530 Breath of the Hydra, 530 Wooshlays, 530 Shadopan Assault Trinket, I have stayed with Hydra/wooshlays is that correct?
    4) I know on some fights like Lei Shen that are really high movement its better to take Ele Mastery and Primal Fire Ele, however I find between my Trinket Proc, Bserking, and My meta proccing its hard to fit it in without wasting some of the buffs, whats your opinions?

Thanks alot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcwind View Post
    Hey there,

I have a few questions if you guys can help me out. I really suck at Simcraft and im at a point where i think i should be pulling more DPS than I am.
    Wont let me post my armory directly but the end of the url is battle net /wow/en/character/illidan/Blòódlùst/simple

My Big Questions are as follows:
    1) What are my stat weights with my gear?
    2) One of the top shamans on illidan told me that haste>Haste/Int Gems>Int Gems at my ilvl and i should take Pure haste unless i want a socket bonus is that correct?
    3) I have 530 Breath of the Hydra, 530 Wooshlays, 530 Shadopan Assault Trinket, I have stayed with Hydra/wooshlays is that correct?
    4) I know on some fights like Lei Shen that are really high movement its better to take Ele Mastery and Primal Fire Ele, however I find between my Trinket Proc, Bserking, and My meta proccing its hard to fit it in without wasting some of the buffs, whats your opinions?

Thanks alot!
    Simmed you at 50k iterations

1) Int: 5.63 - Crit: 2.42 - Haste: 3.12 - Mastery: 2.67
    DPS: 199,950.6 (with EM/PE)
    DPS: 203,679.3 (with Echo/EB)
    I've said it before in earlier posts
    in almost all cases if a secondary stats value is greater then half the value of Int it becomes of more benefit to gem for that secondary stat.
    In your case half of Int is 2.815, your haste value is 3.12, this leads to... your second question.
    2) Based on your values, the shaman you spoke to on Illidan is correct and looking at your armory your gems seem fine. The only fair arguement is as a Jewelcrafter you may see greater benefit of using the Int JC gems over the Haste gems, also you could change the Reckless gem in your belt into a haste/spirit gem since you're JUST under hit cap.
    3) Yes, Hydra and Wush are both BiS.
    4) Ele Mastery is something I haven't toyed with much, considering how much Haste we stack on top of the Meta gem (and troll racial, if you're a troll... which you are) it has a hard place. I personally always stick with Echo of Elements. Primal Ele has fights where it holds benefit, would I consider Lei Shen one of them? I believe it comes down to personal choice... I've never used it on Lei Shen as the only real heavy movement comes from P3. I use Elemental Blast on basically every fight and hardly ever struggle to use it even on movement fights, although I know others would prefer PE on certain fights.
    Last edited by Skurkitty; 2013-08-08 at 09:32 PM.

Deleted
    I'm sorry if you mentioned it before, Skurkitty, but what is your incentive to use int/mastery and not just int/haste?