Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnbabs View Post
    I'm sorry if you mentioned it before, Skurkitty, but what is your incentive to use int/mastery and not just int/haste?
    I haven't mentioned it yet. To be honest it's something I'm personally looking at after getting Breath of the Hydra (FINALLY). Before hand I was using a normal Cha-Ye's with the crit reforged into mastery. Having swapped to Breath that was around 636 mastery I lost from the swap which dipped my Mastery fairly low for my ilvl in my opinion. So I decided to regem my oranges from Int/Haste to Int/Mastery to balance it back out to my comfort zone.

There is a chance I will change some back to Haste, but while Haste has a heavy value I don't want to sac too much Mastery. (Believe I went down to around 51.2% Mastery and up to 48.6% Haste after Breath) It's similar to Brightleaf's mindset in finding balance at high ilvls.

I'm still testing things out currently.
    Very brief examples: This is at 50k iterations on a Patchwerk sim.

Int/Mastery:
    DPS - 235,678.9
    Values - Haste: 3.44 / Mastery: 3.56
    Int/Haste:
    DPS - 235,476.1
    Values - Haste: 3.81 / Mastery: 3.60

The DPS is basically a 200 difference within a value of 800 Mastery vs 800 Haste. It's so small, but you have to consider the value of Mastery during a cleave fight... Horridon, Tortos etc etc. So while I want to stack as much Haste as possible, I also don't want to give up a decent chunk of Mastery at the same time. This in turn leads me to want to balance it out through gems to maintain a good amount of Mastery while giving as much as I can to Haste at the same time. Considering I still have Ra-den pieces to pick up, that will grant me even more Haste further giving me the wiggle room to make use of these Int/Mastery gems.

I hope that was detailed enough information for you.
    Last edited by Skurkitty; 2013-08-08 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Information

Hi - inexperienced ele shammy here. I was just wondering if anyone had advice on relative values of haste/crit/mastery for heavy cleave usage? (e.g. heroic primordius). I'm seriously considering doing a full gem swap for this fight as I'll be spamming CL almost constantly and mastery seems damn good here. I've run my own sims on simcraft but I'm not experienced enough to be able to configure it for just a CL spam fight.

Any thoughts?

Long dumb trinket question that I self-answered but I want someone to tell me where my analysis is wrong.

My Ele spec has horrible luck with trinkets, to the extent that despite an i506 ilvl I was still using the Alchemist Stone. I got Essence of Terror to drop in LFR last night (that's how desperate I've been). So now I'm using Essence of Terror and ... Horridon's Last Gasp (Normal).

I know Essence of Terror would be replaced by any ToT LFR trinket, but my question to myself was, which ToT LFR trinkets would replace HLG, especially if I double-upgraded it since I was planning to do so for my resto spec.

Now, the trinket guide here (and elsewhere) doesn't include Horridon's Last Gasp in the analysis. But HLG appears to be pretty close to Unerring Vision, since they have the same passive Intellect; the proc for Vision has this note at the Totemspot guide:
    • We cannot take advantage of Unerring Vision procs like more DoT-centric classes can. Combined with Lava Burst auto-crits, this makes the proc fairly worthless, even though the passive stat is Intellect vs secondary ratings on other trinkets.
    Ok, so I'm thinking I can then substitute HLG for Vision in the Trinket hierarchy in the first post guide, although we'll put the proc back into play in the final analysis. So ...

Without upgrades to HLG:
    Breath (498) > Wushoolays (506) > Cha’ye’s (514) > Vision/HLG (522) > Volatile (530)

So I wouldn't replace it with Volatile or Cha'ye LFR. Breath, definitely. Wushoolay's is almost definite, as the 4 ilvl difference can be made up via upgrades (unlikely, see below) or considering the Vision proc to devalue HLG in the hierarchy.

With upgrade to HLG:
    Breath (506) > Wushoolays (514) > Cha’ye’s (522) > Vision/HLG (530) > Volatile (538)

If I'm upgraded, tho, the Wushoolay's appears to become weaker and thus not worth switching out for, while it's now the Breath that's in the "iffy but probably an upgrade" category. [Note: I would currently not upgrade an LFR item with VP since I'm raiding normal; if I would, then Wushoolay's would have the same status as in the non-upgrade analysis]

So Breath ends up being the only LFR trinket I would consider switching out HLG with. But of course, trinkets are unique-equipped and we have 2 slots, so the conclusion is I would not replace Upgraded HLG with any LFR trinkets; only my Essence of Terror would get replaced until it had the LFR BIS Breath.

Potential errors in the conclusion:
    1) I've mentally assigned a relative value of ~2-4 ilvl for the Vision proc, which may be severely understating it even though for Ele Shamans it doesn't appear very useful.
    2) I've upgraded HLG but am not allowing myself to upgrade an LFR trinket due to prio reasons; but if for whatever reason I started upgrading LFR items, LFR Wooshalay's (upgraded)+Breath may be better than HLG+Breath.
    3) The "As a rough guideline each step is worth an 8 ilvl difference" qualifier for the trinket hierarchy is just that: rough.

And yes, I know I could use Simcraft to answer this for me, but frankly, the mental exercise is what helps me learn. So please tell me where I've gone wrong.

Thanks

EDIT:
    Played around with Simcraft some. Wushoolay's LFR appears to beat even upgraded HLG, even without reforging the excess hit. I'm even seeing LFR Cha'ye simming ahead. So it doesn't appear HLG is more than a temporary substitute.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-08-09 at 02:46 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

No. You shouldn't be using HLG at all as ele. At least with UVLS, the crit proc has some benefit when you're not using Ascendance. The mana proc from HLG has absolutely 0 benefit to your dps. It is not interchangeable with UVLS, and the absolute ONLY reason you should be using HLG is if you don't have ANY dps trinket to use. I don't care that you're comparing normal HLG to LFR Cha-ye, Breath, Wush, whatever. Any one of those would be better for your dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skurkitty View Post
    I hope that was detailed enough information for you.
    Yes. Wow

So skur if we're at an ilvl where we should be gemming more towards haste due to it being greater than half the simmed value of int does that mean we should start replacing gems with straight haste or int/haste? Also what socket bonuses are good enough to gem non haste gems to obtain? ie on chest you might be giving up 2 slots to non haste gems for a socket bonus so at what value does the bonus need to be so that it's an actual gain?

here's my armory guessing I should replace a lot of my int gems
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Arayaa/simple
    Last edited by lheoric; 2013-08-10 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skurkitty View Post
    Leeds guide on Icy Veins encourages multi dotting Flame Shock, as it should.
    Have no idea where you read that it was a waste of time... but I've never seen anything but an increase from it.
    Multidotting is not a *single target* DPS increase, which differentiates Elemental from other specs in this regard. (Well, ok, it is, but I wouldn't consider a 2% increase to be that major, and that's only for one additional target. There's no further increase from 2 or more)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lheoric View Post
    So skur if we're at an ilvl where we should be gemming more towards haste due to it being greater than half the simmed value of int does that mean we should start replacing gems with straight haste or int/haste? Also what socket bonuses are good enough to gem non haste gems to obtain? ie on chest you might be giving up 2 slots to non haste gems for a socket bonus so at what value does the bonus need to be so that it's an actual gain?

here's my armory guessing I should replace a lot of my int gems
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Arayaa/simple
    At your ilvl, Int is still a very safe and in my opinion recommended choice. Even more so considering you don't have two RPPM trinkets. I personally didn't make the Haste swap until I was between the 522-530(ish) mark with two RPPM trinkets and my legendary meta gem. The only reason I recommend it to most people asking for help is simply due to most of them meeting those quotas.

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Multidotting is not a *single target* DPS increase, which differentiates Elemental from other specs in this regard. (Well, ok, it is, but I wouldn't consider a 2% increase to be that major, and that's only for one additional target. There's no further increase from 2 or more)
    I've seen just enough 1-2% wipes to justify pushing out every bit of DPS I can whenever able. So even though it is a minor, it's still an increase regardless leading me to see no reason disregard it. I'll take a small 2% over nothing any day. But at the same time I can understand how certain people may not want to do something extra for a minor increase, and or it may not be needed from them.

Also I agree about going past 2 FS, I've tried to maintain 3 FS on Council and it becomes more of an annoyance then benefit.
    Last edited by Skurkitty; 2013-08-10 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Better wording.

Deleted
    Just coined UVLS on our first lei shen hc kill, and was wondering if people that use it or have used it do anything special while the proc is up? Extend lava burst useage for those 4 seconds?
    In before "it sucks, get another trinket"; my other trinket is breath 530 and valor one, so yeah, don't have luxury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Just coined UVLS on our first lei shen hc kill, and was wondering if people that use it or have used it do anything special while the proc is up? Extend lava burst useage for those 4 seconds?
    In before "it sucks, get another trinket"; my other trinket is breath 530 and valor one, so yeah, don't have luxury.
    You're fairly limited in what you can do with it, anything I'm about to say you've probably already thought of.
    Options: Ele Blast (if up), Fulm Earth Shock (if available), Refresh Flame Shock, Chain Lightning (if pops during cleave).

Lava Burst is already always critting, Lightning Bolt is standard filler.
    I was stuck in the same boat for awhile, where UVLS was all I could get my hands on for a little while... the majority of it's procs ended up just soaking Lightning Bolt filler. All it really is, is a giant Int stat stick.

Deleted
    Hey, i am a veteran shaman, and have been playing this beloved class since tbc, my question is, is the shock management sectionn stil relevant? i gearing haste/mastery, and it seems when i follow the "simple" method, i end up delaying almost every flame shock cast, where as i have a hard time maneging the more "advanced" methos perfectly - as i only recently returned to elemental, and am raidleading which can re-direct some focus.

Also, how do you specifically handle opener do you

(Echo and EB)
    3 sec- fire elemental
    1.5 sec - pre pot and precast Elemental blast.

or delay the Fire ele cast till after elemental blast?

I realize this probably largely depends on wether or not you heroism on pull - and wether or not FE is glyphed - but what have you guys found to be working the best ?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...B1dro/advanced
    Last edited by mmocd29f2ae051; 2013-08-17 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Added armory link

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
    Hey, i am a veteran shaman, and have been playing this beloved class since tbc, my question is, is the shock management sectionn stil relevant? i gearing haste/mastery, and it seems when i follow the "simple" method, i end up delaying almost every flame shock cast, where as i have a hard time maneging the more "advanced" methos perfectly - as i only recently returned to elemental, and am raidleading which can re-direct some focus.

Also, how do you specifically handle opener do you

(Echo and EB)
    3 sec- fire elemental
    1.5 sec - pre pot and precast Elemental blast.

or delay the Fire ele cast till after elemental blast?

I realize this probably largely depends on wether or not you heroism on pull - and wether or not FE is glyphed - but what have you guys found to be working the best ?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...B1dro/advanced
    EB Echo opener for me (a bit different)

1.5 Sec - Prepot Cast EB (Macro)

Unleash Elements (Gurantees Meta Proc)

Flame Shock (Now buffed via meta otherwise this cast procs the meta)

Lava Burst

FET

Ascendance

Is PE really the best for burst? I just feel like im not doing much since i am using it with AS as the guide says...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hamyoup/simple

Deleted
    Hello. I'm pretty new to Ele dps and am just gearing my shaman through lfr and rep.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...linez/advanced
    As you can see my current weapon is the Horridon Staff but i got lucky and rolled the Tortos Shield and Council Fistweapon and im not sure if i should switch the staff out or not because it got a shitton of haste. Any recommendations?
    General tips would be appreciated also. I know my shoulders arent enchanted. Forgot about them and bracers will be done when i get an upgrade.

Thanks.

Deleted
    MH + OH is usually slightly better than a 2H. You get an extra enchant on off-hand and extra socket on shield. The difference is very small though, and considering you don't have stuff valor upgraded yet, upgrading a 2H costs a lot less.

Hi all, I am just have some questions about my DPS on my Ele Shaman, which I feel is rubbish at the minute.

Character for reference

So yeah, I need to get my rings and bracers upgraded pronto, but I have some elder charms I'm going to use in Raid Finder and hopefully sort that.

I'm following the guide, using the correct rotation etc, but on bosses like Lei Shen I can sustain only 70k DPS? When I look at other classes, they destroy that. Surely my gear isn't that bad? I know it's missing a lot of enchants / gems, and I'm slightly below hit cap (I went from dinging 90 to this in a week, so I don't won't to blow money on more gems and enchants on items I may upgrade next week in ToT), but does all that constitute for such lackluster DPS?

I'll always ensure Searing is up, then FS / LB, EB, then LB and use other abilities as stuff procs. My burst damage is pretty good, but after the burst it just comes back down. What am I doing wrong here?

Cheers
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
    Hi all, I am just have some questions about my DPS on my Ele Shaman, which I feel is rubbish at the minute.

Character for reference

So yeah, I need to get my rings and bracers upgraded pronto, but I have some elder charms I'm going to use in Raid Finder and hopefully sort that.

I'm following the guide, using the correct rotation etc, but on bosses like Lei Shen I can sustain only 70k DPS? When I look at other classes, they destroy that. Surely my gear isn't that bad? I know it's missing a lot of enchants / gems, and I'm slightly below hit cap (I went from dinging 90 to this in a week, so I don't won't to blow money on more gems and enchants on items I may upgrade next week in ToT), but does all that constitute for such lackluster DPS?

I'll always ensure Searing is up, then FS / LB, EB, then LB and use other abilities as stuff procs. My burst damage is pretty good, but after the burst it just comes back down. What am I doing wrong here?

Cheers
    No Meta
    No Gems
    No reforges
    No enchants

Quite frankly 70k on lei shen in that gear sounds perfectly fine to me.

I have a habit of clipping flame shock quite early sometimes (like 15s remaining) is that a dps loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    No Meta
    No Gems
    No reforges
    No enchants

Quite frankly 70k on lei shen in that gear sounds perfectly fine to me.
    Okay.. so if I sorted all that, which I plan to do, you're saying I'll be keeping up with the people who have upwards of 100k DPS? Just find it hard to see how those few things would gain me 20-30k DPS.

Cheers!
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Quick question: anyone know the exact amount of haste rating needed to reach 50% fully raid buffed? (no goblin).
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..