Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yay, managed to increase 21k dps(around 20%) with a few tweaks, some gemming and elemental blast.

so i'm rerolling ele sham for my guild and i just got the heroic immers trinket. Going by icyveins it says when i get the trinket that the stat priority is Mastery>everything
    I'm just starting to gem/enchant my gear since i hit 90 a few days ago my gear is all over the place. I've inspected a few shamans on the realm and i've seen some going 50/50 haste/mastery, all haste, all mastery and all crit so i'm confused on what i should go for. I am hitcapped (over it actually) i should have a 2 piece bonus later this week and hopefully next week 4 piece.

Need trinket advice:

The 3 I have are Black Blood (norm), Kardris's totem (norm), and purified bindings (lfr). Should I be using the Totem and lfr Bindings? Or the Totem and Black Blood?

Quote Originally Posted by deathmark View Post
    so i'm rerolling ele sham for my guild and i just got the heroic immers trinket. Going by icyveins it says when i get the trinket that the stat priority is Mastery>everything
    I'm just starting to gem/enchant my gear since i hit 90 a few days ago my gear is all over the place. I've inspected a few shamans on the realm and i've seen some going 50/50 haste/mastery, all haste, all mastery and all crit so i'm confused on what i should go for. I am hitcapped (over it actually) i should have a 2 piece bonus later this week and hopefully next week 4 piece.
    Firstly, the best and correct answer will always be to sim yourself to get your own stat priority.

If you don't want to/don't know how, I'll explain a bit further.

Haste & Mastery are two stats that are always competitive for Elemental, regardless of gear level. They change priority based on current gear; Haste compliments Mastery, eg: if you have 10% more Haste, your Mastery will be doing 10% more damage (more casts, more procs). That said, it doesn't work the other way around. One of the drawbacks of Haste is that being 'capped' is a lot easier with Haste (having spells on the GCD) than it is with Mastery (having 100% Mastery) and so Mastery will tend to pull ahead with better gear.

Now, from experience, Haste is nearly always better at low item levels. I think people are fooled into thinking Mastery is the "go to/stack" stat because of seeing all BiS geared Elementals stacking Mastery; you should only do this when you have enough haste passively on your gear (talking 25% haste minimum).

Sadly, I don't know what your gear is like, so I suggest if you are under 540, I'd stack full Haste. If you are going above 540 and have legendary meta gem, consider swapping some of your gems to Mastery. If you are above 555 I'd likely be gemming straight up Mastery. Of course, this is very general, you should link a log or sim yourself for the perfect advice.

At high item levels, gemming all crit is best for pure cleave, gemming all haste is best for pure single target and gemming mastery is best for a mixture of the two.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonii View Post
    Need trinket advice:

The 3 I have are Black Blood (norm), Kardris's totem (norm), and purified bindings (lfr). Should I be using the Totem and lfr Bindings? Or the Totem and Black Blood?

Credit to Tickletotem, find out more here.

Incredible. Purified Bindings lfr is better than WF Kardris's totem.

At what ilvl does UF become better than Ele Blast? Is there a breaking point?

At what ilvl does UF become better than Ele Blast? Is there a breaking point?
    If you have the Legendary Meta gem and your spells are on the GCD whilst it's up, any Haste proc from Elemental Blast would become massively devalued (50% of the fight). I'd say if you have the LMG and 35% unbuffed Haste, you should start considering Unleashed Fury.

Unleashed Fury also works better with the t16 set bonuses.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-11 at 08:27 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't seem quite right. At 35% raid buffed haste (which'll be whatever is on your character sheet as you've got the 5% haste buff passively, the legendary meta gem, and the EB buff for haste you're sitting at 86.21% haste, which will drop the value on Earth Shock, Chain Lightning, and Lava Surged Lava Bursts. At the same time, so far as I knew EB benefitted from the 2-pc. UF works better with the 4-pc to be sure but it seems like EB would get more out of the 2-pc.

It's not that the EB buff for haste is devalued (not significantly for single-target,) but that the buff from UF becomes valued more with more haste and specifically the meta gem (more potential casts while the buff is active. Seems like the right point for it to happen, just for the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    If you have the Legendary Meta gem and your spells are on the GCD whilst it's up, any Haste proc from Elemental Blast would become massively devalued (50% of the fight). I'd say if you have the LMG and 35% unbuffed Haste, you should start considering Unleashed Fury.

Unleashed Fury also works better with the t16 set bonuses.
    Thanks Anzen, I actually JUST got the LMG yesterday (wish me luck with Runestones!). My iLvl is now 559, my cape and bindings trinket are LFR, which is probably weighing the ilvl down a lot. Should I wait for the cloak/heroic bindings before switching to UF? I'm only 28.5% Haste atm. Maybe I should reforge into some more haste.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rites/advanced

Still missing chest enchant and slow fall cloak tinker.
    Last edited by Xeonii; 2014-03-14 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Just try what works best for you. If the UF priority doesn't work for you stay EB. Or just try the two different speccs via raiddummy and see what you like.

At your iLvL and your haste iI would gem/reforge more into haste. 28%haste would feel extremly slow for me.

But I have to quote Anzen
    Firstly, the best and correct answer will always be to sim yourself to get your own stat priority
    And if you don't know how to do that just look up the totemspot forum: "do i want haste or mastery"

Edit: just saw you two JC Int gems in your belt. I think they are not worth it, I would replace them with int/haste gems. But to check if this is right, you need your stat priority from simcraft
    Last edited by mmoc47730f2f2c; 2014-03-14 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks Anzen, I actually JUST got the LMG yesterday (wish me luck with Runestones!). My iLvl is now 559, my cape and bindings trinket are LFR, which is probably weighing the ilvl down a lot. Should I wait for the cloak/heroic bindings before switching to UF? I'm only 28.5% Haste atm. Maybe I should reforge into some more haste.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rites/advanced

Still missing chest enchant and slow fall cloak tinker.
    Well, just whilst we're on topic - you can farm the 550 PvP cloak in 7 arena wins (and it's Haste/Mastery!) I definitely would, it takes an hour tops! In your shoulders/weapon you should be gemming Haste/Mastery & Spirit (Zen/Energized IIRC) instead of Int/Spirit.

I'd personally still go for Haste gems with your gear (until 35%).

Deleted
    Dear Anzen, I hope you will read this:
    My name is Pyg ! And I require your assistance!(please)
    So far I've been trying all the possibility about Elemental shaman, right now I'm using half mastery half haste way. I would like to ask you to check my gear and my gemming, I mean everything. I'd like to have a feedback from you. Here I go with the spam:

(w.p. : http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/nemesis/Pyg )
    (armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Pyg/advanced )

I hope to recive some Kawaii advice!

Converted to 35% haste after getting the LMG, and got 2nd place DPS on garrosh tonight. The dmg boost is significant, I wonder how much of an upgrade the legendary cloak is from the prideful cloak I'm wearing is...

Quote Originally Posted by Ekaku View Post
    Dear Anzen, I hope you will read this:
    My name is Pyg ! And I require your assistance!(please)
    So far I've been trying all the possibility about Elemental shaman, right now I'm using half mastery half haste way. I would like to ask you to check my gear and my gemming, I mean everything. I'd like to have a feedback from you. Here I go with the spam:

(w.p. : http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/nemesis/Pyg )
    (armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Pyg/advanced )

Hey Pyg,

Now this was bound to happen, and it's kind of awkward how it has; I can't find a single thing I'd really change with your gear.

The only thing off the top of my head I'd suggest would be using Unleashed Fury instead of Elemental Blast for most bosses.

Other than that, your gear is perfect in my eyes.

Converted to 35% haste after getting the LMG, and got 2nd place DPS on garrosh tonight. The dmg boost is significant, I wonder how much of an upgrade the legendary cloak is from the prideful cloak I'm wearing is...
    Glad to hear! The legendary cloak is pretty huge. On my last Garrosh kill, the cloak proc contributed 4.7% of my total DPS alone! Combine that with the huge stat increase and I think it's fair to say you're looking at a huge DPS boost!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekaku View Post
    I hope you will read this: My name is Pyg ! And I require your assistance!(please)
    -snip -
    Hey man

Only thing that's a problem with your gear, is your gear. You need the crit staff and dino ring. And you'll be pumping.

Best of luck.

P.S. Looking over your logs. I suggest you do a comparison of spell distribution between yourself and guys getting world of log rankings. You're not using your cooldowns and abilities effectively. Study up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I'd personally still go for Haste gems with your gear (until 35%).
    I disagree with this personally. With your gear I would guess that you are going to get a higher dps output by taking that 5% haste and putting it into mastery. As long as you have year meta it's fine to dump directly into mastery primarily. The only time you're going to see that haste make any real difference is on pure single target fights. You would really need to sim it to be accurate, throwing out arbitrary numbers like 35% (no offense Anzen *tickles*); that being said. I am pretty sure that until you are almost pure BiS haste doesn't come close to beating mastery on Sims with anything other than single target fights. Anything with multiple targets/cleave and your mastery skyrockets.

And UF/EB/EM decision has very little to do with gear. It's play-style and fight-by-fight basis. Check world of logs for what top ranking players are using per fight.

Deleted
    Thanks Both of you, I'll do my best, tyring to figure out the best rotation so far. Thanks alot!

Is there a way to track wasted Lava Surge procs? You can check the log for the buff uptime but that doesn't actually tell you how many you missed unless I'm being oblivious here.

It seems like it would be a simple thing to write an addon that would spit out a message at the end of the encounter detailing how many you missed, based upon how many times you gained the buff while it was already active. I don't know anything about addons though so I'm just talking out of my ass here =)

Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    Is there a way to track wasted Lava Surge procs? You can check the log for the buff uptime but that doesn't actually tell you how many you missed unless I'm being oblivious here.

It seems like it would be a simple thing to write an addon that would spit out a message at the end of the encounter detailing how many you missed, based upon how many times you gained the buff while it was already active. I don't know anything about addons though so I'm just talking out of my ass here =)
    I'm not really sure how you'd check this quickly in game.

You can check this on World of Logs by going to a boss, Log Query, Show events where spell is Lava Surge and look through the log for:

[19:49:47.051] Anzen gains Lava Surge from Anzen
    [19:49:48.637] Anzen's Lava Surge is refreshed by Anzen

And count how many times in a fight that happens.

I wouldn't know how to automate this in game, or turn it into an addon though.

To be honest though, I'm not sure why you'd want to track this. Nearly every time a Lava Surge proc is wasted it's unpreventable.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-20 at 01:10 PM.

Had to show up 30 mins late to raid last night. They killed immerseus and got H Bindings. Super sad face. Another couple weeks of LFR bindings, I guess. On the bright side, I already have 4/12 Runestones for the first week.

Deleted
    Let's say that I end up with 7 stacks with lightning shield when there is ~1 sec left on my flame shock on the target. What is the best action to take in this scenario?

1. Refresh flame shock and wait 4 sec to be able to use the 7 stack earth shock
    2. Use the 7 stack earth shock and then wait the 4 sec to reapply flame shock

Let's say for simplicity that lava burst is on an ~8 sec cd in this particular scenario. Would be great if some knowledgeable person could give me some pointers, thanks in advance.