Honor gear available 1st week?

If i remember correctly in Cata we were not able to buy honor gear until the second week when the season started. Has there been any word as to if this is going to be the case again? Im just debating on how hardcore I want to be the first week and since im already honor/jp capped if there is nothing to spend the honor on and thus no reason to farm BGs then im going to take my sweet time to get to 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, you won't be able to buy gear when not level 90 and as usual, gear will become available as soon as the new season starts which is 2 or 3 October respectively for us and eu

you cant buy gear, until your at the appropriate level

If you hit 90 and want to be "hardcore" then spend the honor on some enchanting mats two or three at a time then recap (presuming we have that type of vendor) I dont think waiting one week will make a difference to how "hardcore" your going to be,

But tbh, if your saying "oh I have to wait a week, Ill take my time then" Your not going really "hardcore" are you
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    thought they said it will be availble the first week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, I'm assuming gear will have a similar price as current. Meaning with the honor/JP cap we have, you'll be able to buy like...what, 2, 3 pieces depending on which ones you get? Yeah, you're hardcore alright. Gonna be pwning faces in BGs in your uber leet gear in no time!

Secondly, what to spend your points on and when determines how quickly you get to 90? Really? I can't say I'd ever freely admit that to the public if I did that.

I just never understand these people who feel the need to rush through an entire freaking expansion just to sit at cap level and complain that there's nothing to do, mostly because everyone ELSE is at least enjoying what the expansion has to offer at least once. So a handful of you guys will sit at 90 in SW/ORG and bitch that no raids are forming, not enough competition in BGs, and so on, because maybe 10% of your entire battlegroup is already at 90. If you don't care about 90% of the expansion, why do you even bother in the first place? Boggles my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

First off, I am completely aware of needing to be 90 to buy the appropriate level gear.
    Second, it makes a huge difference, if the honor vendor is up then within a week a full set of gear is doable, and yes, that will make a HUGE difference the first day the arena starts, much more than having it start and only having 3 or so pieces.

on the other hand if it is not available I might as well work on alts/professions in the first week and do the honor grind, which has to be done at some time no matter what, in the second (or just spend more time outside - a big shocker im sure)

and to enders, I have several toons i play in the 2.2-2.4 range, getting one or 2 of them fully geared quickly definitely offers an edge, so yes, I would like to rush through the content as quickly as possible on my main/1st-alt. On the other hand I do enjoy content and i have 2 more alts coming around eventually that are used more along the line of enjoying the questing process whenever im bored and feel up to it. so its not like I'm ignoring content, it will all be seen, just in a different order than you might personally prefer.

tbh i really dont understand people's need to needlessly criticize because they like to do things different than others. Hell, I asked a straightforward question, thanks to those that were able to answer it directly rather than those offering their .02 which none honestly gives a shit about nor was it solicited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Firstly, I'm assuming gear will have a similar price as current. Meaning with the honor/JP cap we have, you'll be able to buy like...what, 2, 3 pieces depending on which ones you get? Yeah, you're hardcore alright. Gonna be pwning faces in BGs in your uber leet gear in no time!

Secondly, what to spend your points on and when determines how quickly you get to 90? Really? I can't say I'd ever freely admit that to the public if I did that.

I just never understand these people who feel the need to rush through an entire freaking expansion just to sit at cap level and complain that there's nothing to do, mostly because everyone ELSE is at least enjoying what the expansion has to offer at least once. So a handful of you guys will sit at 90 in SW/ORG and bitch that no raids are forming, not enough competition in BGs, and so on, because maybe 10% of your entire battlegroup is already at 90. If you don't care about 90% of the expansion, why do you even bother in the first place? Boggles my mind.
    with pvp, getting a full set of honor gear over the crafted blues will give you an enormous advantage, and everybody knows its what happens in the first week or 2 that make the difference. If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Also I thought I read a blue that said the honor gear would be available week 1, with conquest gear week 2. can't find it now though, so could be mistaken.

I never understood why they didn't allow people to spend honor at lower levels for higher level gear. Being able to be fully honor geared out by the time someone hits 85 or 90 would be amazing. No more pulling your team down because you're so horribly geared/can't afford crafted pvp gear (which is bad anyways) and no more dying to 1 shots to every moderately geared player in the bg.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post

If you hit 90 and want to be "hardcore" then spend the honor on some enchanting mats two or three at a time then recap (presuming we have that type of vendor) I dont think waiting one week will make a difference to how "hardcore" your going to be,
    I Could be wrong but from memory, no expansion has had that vendor put in until much later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I never understood why they didn't allow people to spend honor at lower levels for higher level gear. Being able to be fully honor geared out by the time someone hits 85 or 90 would be amazing. No more pulling your team down because you're so horribly geared/can't afford crafted pvp gear (which is bad anyways) and no more dying to 1 shots to every moderately geared player in the bg.
    Look at it from an in-game logic point of view.
    Resources are limited, your faction has a quartermaster who can gear up their best fighters in the land with some good armour to help with the war. No point giving away some of their limited resources to a weakling who cant even lift up the sword or fit into the armour.
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2012-09-23 at 06:21 AM.

Blizzard has ALWAYS put gameplay ahead of lore or even balance. That argument holds no merit. Only reason I can see why they haven't done this yet is just because they never get around to it and it's understandably very low priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

or perhaps they just dont want people to collect full sets of gear that they cant wear. Hardly something they 'haven't gotten around to'

Its the same logic of rep items, gotta be exalted to buy it & use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Reason why I rush is because we'll start raiding asap and because I like to do competitive pvp. I have plenty of time to go back with an alt later on and see all the quests, not to mention that on my realm it's going to be nearly impossible to quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    because blizzard likes forcing people to play the game for longer, that's how they keep people playing. since wow came out blizzard have been artificially keeping people playing for reasons such as this, or the nerf/buff pendulum to get people to reroll. After 8 years if they really wanted to, they could balance pvp and pve within a few percent.

I agree though it's a stupid system which should be changed, but it never will be so just accept it.

It's AV C2A this week while levelling though, so a shame that I'm already honor and JP capped as AV C2A is good XP for levelling.

Endersblade has clearly never played at a competitive level. i will have two level 90s before the weekend, one for raiding one for pvping. We will be raiding week two and ill be doing RBGs also. faster you get to 90 the faster you get to start doing the*for me* fun stuff. raiding and high end pvp. and im not sure who sits around and waits for a pug raid to form the second week of an Xpac either

They should wipe out all honor in new expansion so we all get head start.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy5 View Post
    I hate posts like these. They shouldn't wipe honor seeing they gave you 1 month to prepare by getting more of it in the anticipation of MoP. Wiping it out because you are too lazy to get the cap, we shouldn't be punished because you are lazy nor should you be rewarded over committed players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy5 View Post
    The 4k Cap is your head start...