10+ Year Old Account

[Guardian] General Pull Advice (dual casters)?

Hey everyone,

Wondered if I can get some advice on a pull where you have dual casters?

Finally decided to try out guardian last night and I was in Well of Eternity, it went smooth with one exception and that was on the ramp leading up to the Queen where you have the 2 casters and one melee. Normally on my DK I drop DND then run up to one caster and Death Grip the other over and don't have an issue.

How do you handle that pull on your bear?

In comparing the 2 tanks, it feels like the DK is smoother (although granted I've played on it a fair bit and only tested bear last night) however the bear feels quicker, bearly (sorry couldn't resist) had to wait for resources where my DK sometimes needs a sec or 2 for something to come off CD. Now if only bears had DND and Deathgrip =)

Interrupt one of the casters with Skull Bash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you charge one, skull bash it and move to the other caster?
    Or do charge one and then skull bash the other?
    Or do you charge with skull bash?
    Last edited by dryankem; 2012-09-21 at 01:38 PM.

If you find it useful enough you can glyph Fae Silence to your Faerie Fire to silence one of the casters. That should make the caster come running to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Do you charge one, skull bash it and move to the other caster?
    Or do charge one and then skull bash the other?
    Or do you charge with skull bash?
    Normally I will walk up to the melee mob, Thrash and/or Swipe for aggro on all 3, Skull Bash the ice caster and tank them all on the fire caster.
    If you spec into it Wild Charge to the melee mob. Charging a caster would be counter productive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Neba I am using that glyph but I also have Faerie Fire macro'd into wild charge. I was debating on moving it off the macro (or setup a separate charge on my tool bar) but I might try Gingerwookie's method but charge the melee thrash/swipe, then skull bash one the casters and move over to the other.

Gingerwookie, I take it you aren't using wild charge?

What are you guys using for Tier 3? I'm using Faerie swarm but I was thinking Typhon has potential for positioning mobs (you have to make sure you are positioning your self well but you could move a group of mobs back a little to include another group or casters standing further away).

By the way, thanks for the advice. It really does help, sorry I was slow on the uptake and needed you to spell it out to me.

Hey Neba I am using that glyph but I also have Faerie Fire macro'd into wild charge.
    Faerie Swarm + Wild Charge is super counter productive in this case as the caster will hardly move from where it started.

Gingerwookie, I take it you aren't using wild charge?
    I'm not, no. I use Feline Swiftness.

What are you guys using for Tier 3? I'm using Faerie swarm but I was thinking Typhon has potential for positioning mobs (you have to make sure you are positioning your self well but you could move a group of mobs back a little to include another group or casters standing further away).
    I use Typhoon because knocking mobs out of melee range is fun. /trollface
    You could try using Typhoon in WoE, knocking the mobs into the side of the ramp. I don't know how well that would work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerwookie View Post
    Normally I will walk up to the melee mob, Thrash and/or Swipe for aggro on all 3, Skull Bash the ice caster and tank them all on the fire caster.
    If you spec into it Wild Charge to the melee mob. Charging a caster would be counter productive.
    This is pretty much what I do too.

Deleted
    ursols vortex is cool for close packs of mobs too