Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post
    The amount all the heroic level raiders pay into the game is a small fraction of what the rest of the population pays. It's a direct corollary to the statement used by raid leaders to justify imposing their will in the past; Sure it's your $15/month, but our $360/month outvotes you.

And if you don't like the nerf, turn it off.
    I still wonder how Blizzard then kept an ever increasing player base when the content was only one difficulty, challenging - and moreso, it was the only content! Quite odd, really? Or is it simply that the developers only want to make content that everyone can see rather than content that should be seen?

I'd wager my entire account that way more people are attracted to the idea of raiding than people recognise, the drive to be special is strong in almost everyone, whether you like that or not.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I still wonder how Blizzard then kept an ever increasing player base when the content was only one difficulty, challenging - and moreso, it was the only content! Quite odd, really? Or is it simply that the developers only want to make content that everyone can see rather than content that should be seen?

I'd wager my entire account that way more people are attracted to the idea of raiding than people recognise, the drive to be special is strong in almost everyone, whether you like that or not.
    The MMO market was still growing and less saturated than it is now. And I agree, more people wanted to raid than could, for a variety of reasons, most of which I believe were outside the game. Now whoever wants to raid can queue up and raid whenever they want.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

That quote can be summarized by "We support baddies, they are the 99% of the player base so we will un-gate fights and diminish and feeling of accomplishment. Here 100 new rehashed bosses...enjoy"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Divorcing progression models from the time and gaming culture that they were prominent in is something that a lot of people do. It's not clever; it's not even relevant. This isn't 2005-2008 any more. World of Warcraft isn't new, the MMO genre isn't growing and innocently asking questions as though that just doing what they did four or five years ago will fix everything is neither realistic nor practical.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    They claim it's just about seeing content, then they nerf the regular raids with a stacking debuff too...
    Not really interested in them justifying LFR
    Headshot.

I wouldn't have a problem if they just kept LFR, normal and heroic, and kept them as they are (barring any unforeseen imbalances in the difficulty that needs to be adjusted on an individual basis). The reason for the stacking debuff was so everyone could see all the content. Then, when LFR came out, this was no longer true. Now it's so everyone can see heroic content.

Here's the thing, Blizzard: IF you can do normal mode, you can see every single heroic boss in the game. You may not be able to kill it, no, but you can see it.

Again, I couldn't agree with Yakobo15 more. The stacking debuff used to make sense (though it only ever made sense for normal mode), but it no longer does.

The reason against doing the nerf is that everyone should have equal shots at the original, difficult content, regardless of when during a tier they start playing. The other reason is that bosses nerf themselves. It's called gear. As you collect more gear, the boss gets nerfed.

The fact that they don't simply use the latter so they don't have to percentage-wise nerf the bosses is an error so basic you have to wonder what these people are doing in the gaming industry.