Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danrozen View Post
    I actually consider it a really nice addition, especially being stuck on a low-population server!

Thing here is that its good for low population servers, while punishing for high population servers, if it was merging lots of low pop sure but why on earth go and take in the servers that are alrdy fine, aka high pop servers. I can totally understand why some people dislike this to the point of quitting, especially as it is just a terrible bandaid fix for forcibly merging smaller servers to get the populations on them to be adequate.

Also, WTF is up with this dark portal ganking fetish that lots of people have started to get, it makes no sense 0,o

I think the only thing people have issues with CRZ for, is the hunters and spirit beasts. It completely fucked them over. Hard. No lube.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

If people truly dislike the feature and think it changes the dynamic of the game they like and quit silently, I have no problem with that.

However, like many before me have said, these people aren't actually quitting and are just jumping on the bandwagon of whining about some feature constantly and not reall quitting. I don't understand that mindset at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I'm from a PVE realm and I hate it. :P
    This.

If panda start zone is CRZ Im not even gonna bother.

it should atleast be optional.

Deleted
    They'll be back within a week to complain about new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only bright side to the Cross Realm Zone thing is, in my opinion, that eventually on PvP servers the ganking will get so bad that eventually Blizzard might have to take some action about it because rolling alts will become a veritable impossibility. Just imagine, zones full of lowbies all (in Blizzard's dreams anyway) "grouping" together to quest and play nice with each other, all it'll take is for one level 90 Rogue to run in there with a flying mount and Fan of Knives and knock out everybody in the zone in 5 minutes. Either PvP servers will all just die, or Blizzard might finally address the issue. One silver lining, maybe.

Wouldn't increasing the spawn rate on all the quest mobs kinda fix most of the issues people are having? I was in the beta and know that pandaria and the wandering isle had a really quick spawn time. We're talking 10-30 secs.

Maybe spawns could act dynamic dependent on how many players are zoned into a single area? Good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    This.

If panda start zone is CRZ Im not even gonna bother.

it should atleast be optional.
    They stated the Pandaria zones will not initially be CRZ in a recent post. That includes the 85-90 areas and the Panda starting area.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavian View Post
    They stated the Pandaria zones will not initially be CRZ in a recent post. That includes the 85-90 areas and the Panda starting area.
    I've heard people quoting this blue post several times, but I've never actually seen the post myself. Any link?

Blizz is gonna make so much money from server transfer over this lol

I thank my lucky stars that i roll on a pve server and this shit doesnt really affect me apart from now i have to compete with others for ore and herbs

Ive yet to see any real impact on my server tbh havent really seen that many people while leveling no towns being ganked just a few people here and there

i would love to see which servers got CRZ if anyone has a list i would like to see

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Wouldn't increasing the spawn rate on all the quest mobs kinda fix most of the issues people are having? I was in the beta and know that pandaria and the wandering isle had a really quick spawn time. We're talking 10-30 secs.

Maybe spawns could act dynamic dependent on how many players are zoned into a single area? Good idea?
    It would likely fix most issues (aside from the Fishing event one, which might just need to unCRZ for the duration of the contest then remerge with servers that have completed) if everything was more dynamic, including rare spawns and gather nodes.

I think the system is already some what in place, but the numbers need to be bumped to accommodate for CRZ. It would fix most issues beyond the PvP ones, which is just don't roll on a PvP server if you don't want to have the possibility of this happening (or group with a friend who is on a PvP).

Yeah, CRZ is awesome. What would normally take 10 mins to do my MF dailies has taken me 90 minutes, being jumped by 20-30 alliance is awesome!

Only people that think this feature is good are the nabs that play on PvE servers tbh. Impossible to level a low lvl alt since there's about 100 lvl 85's in the low level zones, Impossible to farm mats for proffs, oh and it's impossible to find rare spawns now.

gg well thought out feature blizz, but hey ho they are still gonna get my money every month because all other mmo's are the biggest failures on the planet.

All I've used CRZ for is to group up with 85s to fight other 85s. Sometimes lower level players get caught up and become collateral damage but it's never my intent.

The amount of rage though is beautiful. People frothing at the mouth about what was essentially their own decision to pick a pvp server.

I hate getting ganked when I level. Everybody does. However, it's a small price to pay for a much more interactive world. These last few days I've been making my own fun, instead of joining queues for organized fun. It's been the best few days of wow in years.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    I've heard people quoting this blue post several times, but I've never actually seen the post myself. Any link?

"Please note that Pandaria zones will not have CRZ enabled when Mists of Pandaria is released"

Its currently on the front page of this site.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    It's on the front page of MMO currently

Please note that Pandaria zones will not have CRZ enabled when Mists of Pandaria is released, but players can group up cross-realm in Pandaria with Real ID or BattleTag friends. The Wandering Isle, the pandaren starting area, will also not have CRZ enabled at launch, though we’ll have multiple instances of this zone running as needed for each realm, in an attempt to prevent overcrowding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...17893?page=1#1

So you can group xrealm with RealIDs, but independent leveling won't have just solos pushed together via CRZ.

I won't quit but I hate the shit out of CRZ. Everytime I try and level a toon I get body camped until I've had enough for the day and log out. Anytime you take Blasted Lands portal = death. I really really think they should let people who want to use CRZ use it, but for fucks sake let those who don't want to use it opt out.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    People who quit over this amazing change are silly. Sure, there are a few things that need to be ironed out, but the idea is absolutely amazing and one of the best things Blizzard has implemented.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    "Please note that Pandaria zones will not have CRZ enabled when Mists of Pandaria is released"

Its currently on the front page of this site.
    It's on the front page of MMO currently

Cool, cheers!

It would likely fix most issues (aside from the Fishing event one, which might just need to unCRZ for the duration of the contest then remerge with servers that have completed) if everything was more dynamic, including rare spawns and gather nodes.

I think the system is already some what in place, but the numbers need to be bumped to accommodate for CRZ. It would fix most issues beyond the PvP ones, which is just don't roll on a PvP server if you don't want to have the possibility of this happening (or group with a friend who is on a PvP).
    Same thing could happen to rare spawns. Though way less drastic. It would prevent camping or lack of quest mobs.

This who issue could be solved by the click of a button. I mean really? What other issues would a player have besides not getting the mobs as nicely as he did in cataclysm or wrath?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    While I think it's silly to quit over something like this, I'm personally not too happy with the cross realm zones either. It's cool to see people walk around Winterspring while doing archaeology I'm a little sad I can't farm things like Essence of Air in peace anymore. All of sudden there is competition over low level mobs and that annoys me. I decided not to join an overpopulated server for a reason.

But oh well I'll live with it.
    Pretty much this is my take on it, in all regards.

Is it something I'd quit over? Of course not.

But since I'm on a PvE realm and world PvP means nothing to me, do I think it is the single worst "feature" being introduced with the new Mists mechanics? Absolutely.