Thread: Password Reset

Password Reset

Is there a way to do this? Every time I try to do it, the page is coming up out of service.

Basically, when all of the account compromises went down I changed my password. I made a new one that I haven't used before and wrote it down on a piece of paper and stuck it in my wallet in case I forgot it. Sure enough I did (had myself set up for auto login, so it was never typed in more than once), and sure enough I emptied my wallet to clean it out a few days ago and must have thrown it out.

The only thing I could find was a way to ticket support. No phone numbers, nothing. Am I stuck waiting through these 7+ day wait times to get my password reset? How in the hell are they actually getting away with not letting users reset passwords?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    the account management page. log in, then you'll find both PW and hotmail options

Except that I can't login. <.<
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the Guild Wars 2 website go to support. On the drop down menu choose login issues, password reset and it will take you to the proper form.

Thanks, I literally just stumbled across that after my post. They totally need to have that page linked on the launcher or somewhere else easily accessible.

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Thanks, I literally just stumbled across that after my post. They totally need to have that page linked on the launcher or somewhere else easily accessible.
    It was on the login page, but they removed the quick way to do it because it's how hackers were finding emails on their list that had a GW2 account.